The Falkirk FC Thread

53 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I think his position is probably one of the most difficult to be consistent in as well. I thought while C.Miller was out we forced everything down Morrisons side, with the pair of them fully fit we could cause a lot of problems for most teams in the country. 

I love when Miller runs with the ball, he is another that is too good for this level, fantastic footballer in an attacking side.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Lang has been a brilliant signing. The guys immense and the leader we’ve been missing. He’s just been brilliant.

He’s potentially our most important and best signing for years. 

He’s doing the job Benedictus done for Dunfermline last season and dare I say doing it even better.

Said it before but he's the best centre half I've seen playing for us. 

Like everybody else, I thought we were brilliant last night. If that's the best team in the championship then we have nothing to fear although I don't believe DU were 100 per cent committed last night either. 

Delighted for Finn Yeats to score his first goal and I thought he had Middleton in his pocket all night. 

An obvious massive mistake from Long for DU's first goal but I'd keep him in goal. Its a mistake and hes a young keeper, even experienced keepers make mistakes. Unlike some around me last night I dont put any blame on him for the second goal, was a good strike that might have taken a nick off Donaldson. Can't keep dropping keepers after a mistake or we'd always be dropping defenders for losing their man, strikers for missing chances etc if there was consistency. 

Tom Lang is like fucking Baresi compared with any defender we've had over the past five or six years at least. And he's made Donaldson so much better as well.

21 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

When he leaves and we look back, I bet we’ll all think he was brilliant consistently.

I think he has been consistent and our best player every season since he’s been here. Does have games where his end ball isn’t great but wouldn’t be with us if he was the finished article. He just seems to be one of these players that more focus on his bad games than good. Felt the same for Aidan Connolly when he was with us. 

Morrison now has 44 goals in 115 appearances with 21 assists. Doesn’t matter the level we’re at, that’s outstanding stats for a winger, even when you exclude the penalties he’s scored. His workrate is tremendous too. Will be a huge loss if we can’t get him on an extended contract. 

Just now, Dave McInally said:

I think he has been consistent and our best player every season since he’s been here. Does have games where his end ball isn’t great but wouldn’t be with us if he was the finished article. He just seems to be one of these players that more focus on his bad games than good. Felt the same for Aidan Connolly when he was with us. 

Morrison now has 44 goals in 115 appearances with 21 assists. Doesn’t matter the level we’re at, that’s outstanding stats for a winger, even when you exclude the penalties he’s scored. His workrate is tremendous too. Will be a huge loss if we can’t get him on an extended contract. 

Wow...had no idea his figures were that good. Absolutely, get him signed up. 

If carlsberg did Friday nights 👌👌

Finn Yeats family member chuffed he got his first goal.

He has so grown into a first team player this season, watching him telling Morrison where to run, his performance and his goal shows he is the first name on the team sheet week in week out.

A good honest post match interview from Jim Goodwin also 

received_740568871441574.thumb.jpeg.c867a37eddaf76c17007ebd12a7784bf.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Tom Lang is like fucking Baresi compared with any defender we've had over the past five or six years at least. And he's made Donaldson so much better as well.

Said before that although I think Morrison is our best player, I thought Spencer was our most important player. I take that back. It’s Lang who is our most important player. Would be a bigger loss if he was out than Spencer  who has been quite quiet recently. 

Also think we’ve got a great asset in young Finn. Would prefer to see him in centre mid but there a few natural right backs available who’ll put in the shift he does. For a young lad too, he talks throughout the game and leads by example. Future captain material. 

Edited by Dave McInally

13 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

I'd not be surprised if Goodwin came knocking in january.

15 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

Morrison’s best game in a Falkirk jersey for me last night against a team from a higher division. He was magnificent 

10 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Morrison’s best game in a Falkirk jersey for me last night against a team from a higher division. He was magnificent 

Without too much thought I’d agree with that. He’s had many great games for us but other than not passing to Miller, was  faultless last night. 

Re: Lang - he makes a fantastic tackle on an Arab attack, passes to Miller who buys a free kick, Morrison hits a close goal and who pops up like a magician's rabbit on speed but Tam Lang. Magnificent and what a signing. 

I presume we all want TNS to win so we can have an "European" trip to Wales?

Edited by Kevin James Left Knee