The Falkirk FC Thread

Noticed this on BBC website this morning.
Not sure if he is the same build as his dad but could be the like for like replacement we need for McKeever 🤔

Hearts are considering a loan move for striker Makenzie Kirk, with the 17-year-old on 22 goals for the B team in the Lowland League. (Scotsman)

4 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

So after 19 games unbeaten we are going to lose to Kelty at home next week the you lot the week after. As Kenny might say….maybees aye maybees nah.

Also big assumption that your lot are going to win three in a row…..😒🤔

Very defensive post IMO.

I said it was "not entirely unrealistic" not that it was a shoe in.

I don't think that's an unfair statement.

1 minute ago, Kircer bairn said:

Not sure if he is the same build as his dad but could be the like for like replacement we need for McKeever 🤔

Hearts are considering a loan move for striker Makenzie Kirk, with the 17-year-old on 22 goals for the B team in the Lowland League. (Scotsman)

He’s also 19 just now according to his Wikipedia page, 20 in February.

With big John’s jambo connections maybe an option?

10 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Very defensive post IMO.

I said it was "not entirely unrealistic" not that it was a shoe in.

I don't think that's an unfair statement.

There's a huge number of permutations available and tbh, at this juncture in the season, none of them hugely depend on games in hand vs not I don't think. Ultimately, wel come to NDP wanting a win not because of the points situation in and of itself, but because everyone at the club knows that failures v Dunfermline cost us bigly last season and a similar picture too going back over previous seasons. 

I'd rather be playing today of course, I'm off work and was attending. But there's been little to no effort made our end, which gives me pause for thought re whether everyone is on the same page as me....

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

There's a huge number of permutations available and tbh, at this juncture in the season, none of them hugely depend on games in hand vs not I don't think. Ultimately, wel come to NDP wanting a win not because of the points situation in and of itself, but because everyone at the club knows that failures v Dunfermline cost us bigly last season and a similar picture too going back over previous seasons. 

I'd rather be playing today of course, I'm off work and was attending. But there's been little to no effort made our end, which gives me pause for thought re whether everyone is on the same page as me....

The word ‘bigly’ always reminds me of Donald Trump.

You’ll have the thread swarming with Airdrie fans if you are not careful.

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

He’s actually 19. He’s 6ft 1 so would defo suit Mcglynns style of play. 

10 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Today is the day we have potentially knackered our season. The lack of will to get this game on has allowed Hamilton to leapfrog us. The game in a fortnight really suits Hamilton now.

Simply cannot be taken seriously posting shite like this mate

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I'm not on Twitter, I get nothing when I click on it.

Firstly, we spent a lot of time on the pitch yesterday preparing it for the low overnight temperatures. The forecasts did not suggest such a large amount of snow. Staff were at the ground at 8am to assess the situation, with the knowledge that our opponents were due to leave at 10.30am. Clearing the pitch fully would take approximately 4 hours, with a lot of work also required on the surroundings areas to make them safe. We already have concerns regarding the path network for supporters walking to and from the ground due to the path closures and on-going work. We could not say with a high degree of certainty before 10am that the pitch and infrastructure would be safe.We felt it was only fair to give our opponents and their travelling fans as much notice as possible.Regarding the pitch, while it is possible to clear a pitch of snow, it would be in direct violation of the pitch manufactures guidance. Given we are within our initial 12 month defects/warranty period, this would represent a significant risk.Finally, removing snow from a pitch has some negative consequences, most notably taking large quantities of rubber pellets off the main pitch to the sidelines. Having spent 6 months working on bedding the pitch in, to maximise its quality, which has helped to deliver an excellent and true playing surface, this would have set us back several months. It is difficult to return the pellets to the pitch whilst ensuing an even spread. We are of course disappointed todays game is off, however we had to take the travel of our opponents and their supporters, the safety of our supporters walking to and from the stadium and the potentially consequences on our new pitch into consideration. hope this helps answer some questions. Enjoy your day Bairns, see you next Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Something that should surely have been announced on all club media not the CEOs personal twitter account?

The club announced the cancellation and the reasons why. Normally that would be the end of it, but because JS was asked the question and he tends to respond very well to supporter queries he gave additional information. 

I'm not sure that's something that should be used to beat the club with. 

Jesus wept it's a shit freezing day just because Hamilton have gone top again means little in the grand scheme of things.  We were behind them before so it's hardly something new. We just need to keep winning games to win this league feck all has changed.