The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, AGPar said:

And for the next home game on 17th February, bung them a couple of hundred physical tickets in the post about 10th February and let them get on with it. They can always get another hundred if there is an unusually high demand from their travelling fans. And get them in the corner of the main stand where every away support this season should be. We won't of course, because we remain a soft touch, which is why nonsense wee outfits like Hamilton can get away with this sort of stuff. Utter joke.

I'm with you on this, none of the holier than thou "two wrongs don't make a right" shite.

Don't get mad, get even.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

13 minutes ago, AGPar said:

And for the next home game on 17th February, bung them a couple of hundred physical tickets in the post about 10th February and let them get on with it. They can always get another hundred if there is an unusually high demand from their travelling fans. And get them in the corner of the main stand where every away support this season should be. We won't of course, because we remain a soft touch, which is why nonsense wee outfits like Hamilton can get away with this sort of stuff. Utter joke.

If I were Falkirk I would charge them an admin fee. 

Quite rightly being picked up as it’s not exclusively a Hamilton problem.

I was off to Killie v Hearts when our Cove game was postponed with some Hearts supporting friends and I had to sit on my own in the killie end as any away end tickets had to be physically picked up at Tynecastle by 11am. The stand was about a third full! 

Similar story across lots of the top tier and an attitude that needs changing. The bigot brothers are of course the worst. 

44 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Quite rightly being picked up as it’s not exclusively a Hamilton problem.

I was off to Killie v Hearts when our Cove game was postponed with some Hearts supporting friends and I had to sit on my own in the killie end as any away end tickets had to be physically picked up at Tynecastle by 11am. The stand was about a third full! 

Similar story across lots of the top tier and an attitude that needs changing. The bigot brothers are of course the worst. 

Thanks for confirming the practice of having away clubs selling their tickets is not unusual after all.

FWIW I think this should be the catalyst for lower league clubs to agree on a standard format for eTickets. This would allow clubs like yourselves who have a support which has the potential to trouble the available allocation to sell, prioritise and distribute their allocation as they see fit, whilst also quite easily allowing the more vocal groups of supporters to pick seats together.

It's a genuine shame tbh that we don't see those problems very often, but it doesn't mean we can't put things in place to be able to more effectively handle it when it does.

Last season DAFC sold us e-tickets for both games at EEP and we had 2200 at the 1st game & 2600 at the 2nd game so it’s not a difficult problem to deal with.

Topic has been done to death but I’m sure this has more to do with ensuring the U18 ticket price isn’t abused as much as it normally is. Be interesting to see how thorough the stewards are tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Last season DAFC sold us e-tickets for both games at EEP and we had 2200 at the 1st game & 2600 at the 2nd game so it’s not a difficult problem to deal with.

Topic has been done to death but I’m sure this has more to do with ensuring the U18 ticket price isn’t abused as much as it normally is. Be interesting to see how thorough the stewards are tomorrow. 

Hamilton are at it. You know that, I know that, even their own fans know it. For whatever reason only they know but it certainly was a poor attempt to limit the Falkirk support.
The authorities in Scotland let clubs just do what they want. No insistence on standards to protect the fans who fund the game.  I hope we turn this tinpot shower over tomorrow. Be Karma 

7 hours ago, the philosopher said:

The stands at Hamilton all sit high so even in the 1st row you're above the height of the goal so view should be OK I would think.

Aye, there are many criticisms you can level at NDP but the view from any row really isn't one of them.

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Given the way you've collectively had a cranial detachment over what is a bog standard method for selling away tickets one can only imagine the Heads Gone we'll see come 5pm tomorrow once you've lost

“Once you’ve lost” bold prediction that, your fellow Hamilton fans don’t seem as confident as this on the match thread. Let’s see how the games pans out …….

Edited by LatapyBairn.

14 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I'm with you on this, none of the holier than thou "two wrongs don't make a right" shite.

Don't get mad, get even.

I'm a petty c**t in general but I'm also right there for any amount of shithousery where Hamilton are concerned.

Tickets with disappearing ink.. random seat numbers on them.. go full Willy Wonka.