The Falkirk FC Thread

Is Long on loan for the season or until January with an option to extend.

I would prefer a new goalie neither of them fill me with any confidence. Funnily enough I think Hogarth got worse when Long returned from injury, I don’t think Hogarth deals with pressure well, when was guaranteed No1 he was a lot better and you can see that after an error he will look dodgy for a while after that. . 

Get McGovern back on loan,, he’s third choice at Hearts and Craig Gordon is returning from injury. So he’s never getting a game for Hearts. 

39 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Well done boys. Finally a win when it really matters, if that doesn't breed confidence going forward nothing will. Only negative is Hogarth he just gives you the fear. He wasn't great before he went back to Forest, Long is the better keeper out the pair. 

Neither truly good enough imo.

For me, we Falkirk fans wanted that win today and made it happen. The atmosphere was incredible from warm up to full time. Full credit to the ultras for generating the noise and songs. No failures in the team today (would be nit picking about Hogarth but he redeemed with saves later on). Miller I thought was sharp early and looked hungry, screaming goal. Morrison took the pressure penalty perfectly after a lengthy wait from the ref. The 3rd killed Hamilton off, with Morrison doing well to shoot from distance under pressure. Lang and Donaldson colossals at the back, both full backs up for the fight, Spencer showing his class, Hendo (Pirlo) a powerhouse, Nesbitt forever busy, and MacIver doing all the dirty stuff up top. Without doubt the Bairns fans dragged the players towards the win today and they responded - we just wanted it more and made it happen. We’re looking good for the league with a game to spare. Merry fkn Christmas!🔥⚽

Edited by GunnerBairn

Long was rightly dropped after two howlers against Dundee Utd. None of the keepers fill me with much confidence but I do seem some redeeming qualities of Long. However, Mcglynn has chosen to go with two very young and inexperienced keepers, unfortunately at their age they will be prone to some mistakes.

Edited by Big chungus

2 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Long was rightly dropped after two howlers against Dundee Utd. None of the keepers fill me with much confidence but I do seem some redeeming qualities of Long. However, Mcglynn has chosen to go with two very young and inexperienced keepers, unfortunately at their age they will be prone to some mistakes.

We'll never really know if he was dropped for that game or not as Hogarth had the jersey at that point so long played the cup game. Whether he'd have played the next league game without the mistakes against United who knows.  

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

We'll never really know if he was dropped for that game or not as Hogarth had the jersey at that point so long played the cup game. Whether he'd have played the next league game without the mistakes against United who knows.  

I suppose you’re right in some ways. However, I could counter you by saying the week before Dundee Utd Hogarth made a howler against Edinburgh city, so at the same time we’ll never know if he Hogarth was dropped for the mistake or because it was a cup game. 

I can't see it happening but I would love McGovern to come back. Easily in my top 3 keepers I've ever seen with us.

Over the moon with today's performance and result. Lang at the back has made Donaldson look like Beckenbauer. Amazing how much he has improved the defence.