The Falkirk FC Thread

On 18/12/2023 at 19:22, GunnerBairn said:

You’d have to say only Nesbitt, Morrison, McCann, and McKay are non-McGlynn signings, with everyone else signed by him. Based on that his signings have indeed been on point, except for perhaps Matty Wright.

You could add Kinnear to Wright. 

9 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I assume the Aerial Disrupter stat has something to do with first contact on headers? 

As best as it can be, WyScout is pretty awful when it comes to aerial stuff tbh. GK kicks long to his striker, defender goes up for the header. Striker wins header but flicks it on to nobody and it rolls to the GK. They class that as the CB winning the aerial duel.

I hate it but theres nothing else to use.

43 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

As best as it can be, WyScout is pretty awful when it comes to aerial stuff tbh. GK kicks long to his striker, defender goes up for the header. Striker wins header but flicks it on to nobody and it rolls to the GK. They class that as the CB winning the aerial duel.

I hate it but theres nothing else to use.

Just curious as to why you would need this level of information?

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

shanley.thumb.png.ca5614aaebd5525599689974ea810fb0.png

Looks like he can be creative, but maybe depends on system etc.?

Seems like they played 2 up front more last season and 1 up top more this season, so maybe struggles to create for others when they aren't close?

How are we on crosses? I heard the guys on the terrace podcast say we were top by a big distance for crosses into the box and compared to last season when we were 6/7th in the league. 

9 hours ago, Latapy is god said:

Does anyone know whether their are any sponsorship opportunities for our new player Ryan Shanley?

54 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

It was also on Shanley's announcement on the official site*. Glad to say the site and frequency of updates is better than it was in this regard.

* mutters something about how neglecting the site previously lead to this 🫥

4 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

How are we on crosses? I heard the guys on the terrace podcast say we were top by a big distance for crosses into the box and compared to last season when we were 6/7th in the league. 

Top 5 on WyScout listed below, cant show the whole division as on my phone.

Screenshot_20231220_125719_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8b2696493c7d637708f96edbe66a10e9.jpg

16 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

Was listening to A Pint and Two Shots podcast as Scott Arfield was on it. Said he'd like to retire at Falkirk. He's getting on in years but I reckon he'd be fantastic in the championship next season. I'd take him now in a heartbeat, but can't see him swapping the MLS for League 1. I wonder - would he wear 37 though? 🤔

Scot Arfield has been a great servant to the club and been a top pro. It would be fitting if he was to end his playing career where it started. If Falkirk sign him I hope it does not end in tears as it has for so many ex heroes returning shadows of their former selves and remembered for that rather than their days of glory. If he cannot do his trademark box to box anymore what role could he fill? Nice problem to have though.

16 hours ago, Roboccop said:

Impressed you can afford Whyscout. 

This is the last year I'll be able to, tbf. Theyve about trebled the price after buying up competitors. 

28 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Scot Arfield has been a great servant to the club and been a top pro. It would be fitting if he was to end his playing career where it started. If Falkirk sign him I hope it does not end in tears as it has for so many ex heroes returning shadows of their former selves and remembered for that rather than their days of glory. If he cannot do his trademark box to box anymore what role could he fill? Nice problem to have though.

I want him back but we’ll have to send him to a reeducation camp to get all the blue nose out of him. 

46 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Good to see the full squad visiting the children’s wards up at the FVRH, nice touch and some great pictures of the kids and parents. 

They've been doing that since (I think) 2014. Albeit they didn't get into the ward in 2020, 2021 and 2022, probably because of covid. 

Massive shout out to the nurses and the NHS in general. I met the ward sister on our first visit and it was great to see her again on Monday, nine years later. No matter who the players or management are they're always very good with the kids, as anyone who's attended the junior bairns training days will know. But the real heroes are the nurses. They do an amazing job. 👋

43 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

They've been doing that since (I think) 2014. Albeit they didn't get into the ward in 2020, 2021 and 2022, probably because of covid. 

Massive shout out to the nurses and the NHS in general. I met the ward sister on our first visit and it was great to see her again on Monday, nine years later. No matter who the players or management are they're always very good with the kids, as anyone who's attended the junior bairns training days will know. But the real heroes are the nurses. They do an amazing job. 👋

Visited Stirling while Forth Valley was being built. This is 2010.

Hospital visit2.jpg

Don't suppose there are any other North Ayrshire based Bairns in here besides myself? Hamilton was amazing and would love to get to more away games, but getting to TFS is an away day in itself 🤣. Would love to organise a mini bus for trips further afield.

48 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Don't suppose there are any other North Ayrshire based Bairns in here besides myself? Hamilton was amazing and would love to get to more away games, but getting to TFS is an away day in itself 🤣. Would love to organise a mini bus for trips further afield.

When I lived down in Englandshire and came up to watch the Bairns I always seemed to attend more away games than home games, simply because they were easier to get to: Kilmarnock, Hamilton, Motherwell, Thistle, Clyde, Airdrie/Clydebank, Livingston, Hibs, Hearts and the Arse Cheeks were all nearer than Brockville/TFS.

Keep your fingers crossed that we go up this season along with Hamilton and some clubs don't get relegated and you could have quite a few away games on your "doorstep" - Ayr, Morten, Thistle, Queen's Park, Airdrie United and Hamilton (as long as they don't play silly buggers again and have you going to Falkirk for your ticket first).

image.png.c02a412b915d14a3a4ecd3fd9c6a71bd.png