The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

When I lived down in Englandshire and came up to watch the Bairns I always seemed to attend more away games than home games, simply because they were easier to get to: Kilmarnock, Hamilton, Motherwell, Thistle, Clyde, Airdrie/Clydebank, Livingston, Hibs, Hearts and the Arse Cheeks were all nearer than Brockville/TFS.

Keep your fingers crossed that we go up this season along with Hamilton and some clubs don't get relegated and you could have quite a few away games on your "doorstep" - Ayr, Morten, Thistle, Queen's Park, Airdrie United and Hamilton (as long as they don't play silly buggers again and have you going to Falkirk for your ticket first).

image.png.c02a412b915d14a3a4ecd3fd9c6a71bd.png

Aye, was looking at the championship and that's a lot of easy access away days, for sure! Credit to all the fans that go to places like Cove and Dumfries btw, not knocking it. I just can't see myself realistically doing that.

48 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Aye, was looking at the championship and that's a lot of easy access away days, for sure! Credit to all the fans that go to places like Cove and Dumfries btw, not knocking it. I just can't see myself realistically doing that.

I go every week no matter where being the sad loner I am. There's always a lift from Edinburgh available for folk if you can put up with the smell of wet dog.

9 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

When I lived down in Englandshire and came up to watch the Bairns I always seemed to attend more away games than home games, simply because they were easier to get to: Kilmarnock, Hamilton, Motherwell, Thistle, Clyde, Airdrie/Clydebank, Livingston, Hibs, Hearts and the Arse Cheeks were all nearer than Brockville/TFS.

Keep your fingers crossed that we go up this season along with Hamilton and some clubs don't get relegated and you could have quite a few away games on your "doorstep" - Ayr, Morten, Thistle, Queen's Park, Airdrie United and Hamilton (as long as they don't play silly buggers again and have you going to Falkirk for your ticket first).

image.png.c02a412b915d14a3a4ecd3fd9c6a71bd.png

I stay in the southside of Glasgow so also hoping for lots more local away games next year

Looking forward to going to Annan on Saturday for the first time but it will be a hell of a timesaver for me if we can get up :lol: 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I stay in the southside of Glasgow so also hoping for lots more local away games next year

Looking forward to going to Annan on Saturday for the first time but it will be a hell of a timesaver for me if we can get up :lol: 

I’m Glasgow based too but rarely make it to games though. Was in Dubai for recently all watching a couple of games online and did think it would be a good idea to have a portal to identify Bairns for around the world and at home to car share or watch matches together. 

37 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

I’m Glasgow based too but rarely make it to games though. Was in Dubai for recently all watching a couple of games online and did think it would be a good idea to have a portal to identify Bairns for around the world and at home to car share or watch matches together. 

Glad I brought this up. Aye, car sharing etc is good for the environment but football is simply better when you enjoy it with others. A 3-4 hour car journey is surely made that we bit easier when the car is full of fellow supporters all spouting pish patter etc. Won't be making the journey to Annan so I guess I'll need to look into a VPN. That article 50 3pm kick off on Saturday nonsense seriously needs popped right into the bin.

3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

West side,  what a difference it hopefully will be, to get back to the central area

16 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

They've been doing that since (I think) 2014. Albeit they didn't get into the ward in 2020, 2021 and 2022, probably because of covid. 

Massive shout out to the nurses and the NHS in general. I met the ward sister on our first visit and it was great to see her again on Monday, nine years later. No matter who the players or management are they're always very good with the kids, as anyone who's attended the junior bairns training days will know. But the real heroes are the nurses. They do an amazing job. 👋

i remember seeing them in the children's ward at  Falkirk in 2000 

6 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

Wow if you think Aberdeen, Annan or Dumfries is some sort of expedition from Falkirk god bless you. 

I Guess you take a holiday nearby, maybe on the coast where they do a nice ice cream .

5 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Sheffield to Annan Saturday. Can’t wait 

54 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

Wow if you think Aberdeen, Annan or Dumfries is some sort of expedition from Falkirk god bless you. 

I Guess you take a holiday nearby, maybe on the coast where they do a nice ice cream .

If you're taking the piss this is really low. Not everyone has the ability to travel long distances for health reasons, finance or other commitments. But I'm sure you feel really high and mighty anyway. Well done. 

5 hours ago, annan4eva said:

Thank you for your irrelevant opinion. 

14 hours ago, annan4eva said:

Interested to know if you attended the Falkirk stadium for the game earlier this year?

Seems to be a massive trek for Alloa, Edinburgh City and Stirling Albion fans it seems🤷‍♂️

28 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Interested to know if you attended the Falkirk stadium for the game earlier this year?

Seems to be a massive trek for Alloa, Edinburgh City and Stirling Albion fans it seems🤷‍♂️

Yes. Falkirk 1 hour 20 ish from Annan. 

14 hours ago, Jimmy1876 said:

If you're taking the piss this is really low. Not everyone has the ability to travel long distances for health reasons, finance or other commitments. But I'm sure you feel really high and mighty anyway. Well done. 

High and mighty really ? You’ve pulled the health card so best park there. Im Annan is quicker to get to from Falkirk than Greenock say ? 

Annan and Dumfries aren't even that far tbh. Not much further from Falkirk than Dundee and probably around the same as Arbroath time-wise which we usually take good supports to.

We took over 600 to Queen of the South last month and I'd expect at least as many for this game 

The only away trips I'd put in the real ball-ache category are Ross County and Inverness, Cove and Aberdeen. And we also took over 600 to Cove earlier this season.

1 hour ago, annan4eva said:

Yes. Falkirk 1 hour 20 ish from Annan. 

Brilliant. Could you stop by the farm next time and drag some of your fellow fans along as well too.

My point is I don't think it's Falkirk fans needing lectures about travelling all over the country when some can't even cross a bridge.

9 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Brilliant. Could you stop by the farm next time and drag some of your fellow fans along as well too.

My point is I don't think it's Falkirk fans needing lectures about travelling all over the country when some can't even cross a bridge.

Fact of the matter is - the clubs at this level are not well-supported at all. Falkirk really shouldn't be going to Hamilton and outnumbering them  2:1.