The Falkirk FC Thread

35 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I don't think we should let Mackie leave unless we're sure of getting someone else in as we're very short on CD options, I think that we should let McKay go on loan though and he really should consider that as he needs to get himself in the shop window. Again though, we should really try to get a replacement for him. Ideally I'd like Allan to go to a Montrose or Kelty so that he can do some damage to Hamilton!

McKay has financial commitments like us all and has to think of the security till the end of the season. It can't be easy for the guy in particular, with the less than complimentary remarks posted on the forum.

It would be in the club and the player's interest to go out on loan to get regular football and put himself in the shop window to get a contract somewhere next season.

Would also show to potential signings the clubs responsible attitude to players under contract. Suspect he will go out on loan with FFC picking up part of the wage bill

Was in hospitality today.  As ever I really enjoyed it and was really impressed with the friendliness of it all.  It’s just such a well done thing.  And winning the match (and the quiz!) helps.

One small request directed at Nesbitt - he did the same time we were in the posh seats - scored too quickly after half time and most missed it!  Hang on for a few minutes next time please!

1 minute ago, Disco Duck said:

Was in hospitality today.  As ever I really enjoyed it and was really impressed with the friendliness of it all.  It’s just such a well done thing.  And winning the match (and the quiz!) helps.

One small request directed at Nesbitt - he did the same time we were in the posh seats - scored too quickly after half time and most missed it!  Hang on for a few minutes next time please!

Get back to your seat quicker. 

9 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Thank you for explaining that. I'm so dense that I didn't get Alan's joke when he asked Nizzy during the postmatch interview to describe the goal as almost everyone missed it. 🙈

His response was funny though. "Well, I beat four of them, went back and beat the last man again just for the hell of it, and then stuck the ball in the top bin". 😆

7 hours ago, Big chungus said:

Have we got an extra player on the bench today? I’ve noticed Mcglynn has said previously that Ola is sitting in the stands because there’s no spaces left on the bench. But I’m pretty sure we’ve got more on the bench than previously. Please correct me if I’m wrong?

On the subject of Ola, I was in the restaurant in the stadium yesterday for lunch and my son wanted to sit at the window to watch the players training (I knew yesterday that Long was in goal today as he was the keeper in the starting 11 team). There was absolutely no sign of Ola at all on the pitch or at the side. Anybody know anything? 

Also, who was the keeper coach today? Definitely wasn't the usual guy

6 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

On the subject of Ola, I was in the restaurant in the stadium yesterday for lunch and my son wanted to sit at the window to watch the players training (I knew yesterday that Long was in goal today as he was the keeper in the starting 11 team). There was absolutely no sign of Ola at all on the pitch or at the side. Anybody know anything? 

Also, who was the keeper coach today? Definitely wasn't the usual guy

It was Callum Erskine who coaches in the academy. I believe, Alex our normal GK coach was ill.

Thought we were slightly off it first 45, albeit give QS some credit for a decent attempt at shutting us down. Great goal to get the dynamics changed, but some resolute defensive work by QS kept us at bay. Pick of the bunch were both CBs, Nisbett and for me Miller. He’s on a different planet at  times and his overall play is a joy to watch. For most of second 45 had the QS right hand side chasing shadows. We should have exploited but unfortunately Morrison turned in for me a poor overall show. 
Tremendous support today, thought easily exceeded 5K but with the bitterly cold conditions, maybe the scanners we’re catching up 🤣

Edited by Springfield

4 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

May even be that McGlynn/the BOD encourage a few to consider their options to try and trim the wage bill a bit.

Not so sure McGlynn will do much to the squad except ‘maybe one in’ according to the FH. Also quoted as saying that NONE of the players have approached him about their lack of game time, so presume he was meaning the likes of Allan, Lawal, Mackie. Oliver also quoted as saying happy to play ‘super sub’ and every squad member has their part to play this season.  It really does seem a settled squad and happy changing room. 

On the game, absolutely delighted at the win. QOS made it tough as expected but we had enough quality to win it. Nesbitt had his best game in a Falkirk shirt. Our depth shone through with the treble substitution, a front three for another front three, our attacking options are the strongest in the league by a mile. 

Proud to witness FFC history with 24 unbeaten and hope we can extend it for good while yet. 

Edited by GunnerBairn

Another great win. Tuesday now where the players deserve 90 mins of crowd support like they’ve never had before. 3 points would really have us all believing, if we’re not already. Over to you ultras 

5 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Another great win. Tuesday now where the players deserve 90 mins of crowd support like they’ve never had before. 3 points would really have us all believing, if we’re not already. Over to you ultras 

Absolutely, the ultras were brilliant today and I’m sure they’ll be back with huge numbers on Tuesday.