The Falkirk FC Thread

I was lambasted a few weeks ago for saying we should start our strongest 11 and make subs when the game is won against Formartine. What’s changed that people seem to agree now?

Should add, the result today is entirely on McGlynn. Impossible to be cohesive and play well when you play a team that hasn't played together once and expect them to have the same relationship with each other as our first 11. The reason they work is because they know where everyone will be and how everyone will play so not their fault that was taken from them today.

Edited by Jimmy1876

Let’s not deny the mistakes of today. But let’s also not fall down a miserable hole either. 

We got away with a gamble and gave Accies a whisper of hope. As Pablo said, hubris. Let’s not do it again. 

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

MacIver injured next week, is Shanley cup-tied? If so, Allan will have to start unless he does something like put Oliver up there.

Oliver played there most of last season and for a period was doing quite well. Oliver will play, I don’t think Allan is up to it. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Should add, the loss today is entirely on McGlynn. Impossible to be cohesive and play well when you play a team that hasn't played together once and expect them to have the same relationship with each other as our first 11. The reason they work is because they know where everyone will be and how everyone will play so not their fault that was taken from them today.

Draw, but aye.

The only change today should have been Shanley for McIver, we get the game won and then bring the fringe players on. Jordan Allan had a hissy fit on Tuesday night and McGlynn has tried to appease him. f**k that carry on, if you want to make changes then do it against Bonnyrigg or TNS, we NEED to get out this league.

He has fucked up today but he has to own this and we move on and it doesn’t happen again. If players are injured then he has no choice but wholesale changes in the league can’t happen. The players coming in have had bit parts here and there and for me aren’t up to match sharpness to start games.

Don’t do it again John.

2 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Oliver played there most of last season and for a period was doing quite well. Oliver will play, I don’t think Allan is up to it. 

It works because of the quality we now have behind it. Miller, Morrison, Nesbitt and Spencer buzzing behind the central striker. There’s our attacking strength, as well as the flying wingbacks. Experiment tried and failed, never ever ever again please. Oliver up top on his own next week please.  

On 12/01/2024 at 17:10, HopeStreetWalker said:

Start with your best 11 and get the game won, then sub at will. Rather than throwing on subs with 30 minutes to go and the possibility of injuries, booking, sending off's as the team chase a result with the clock ticking down.

It's the sensible call

Well we can't say we weren't warned. Foot on the neck of Hamilton and we took it off. Recriminations and a drop of morale while Hamilton will be bouncing.

All self-inflicted

Just now, HopeStreetWalker said:

Well we can't say we weren't warned. Foot on the neck of Hamilton and we took it off. Recriminations and a drop of morale while Hamilton will be bouncing.

All self-inflicted

I’m no actually sure Hamilton will be bouncing, they win their game in hand and we are still 6 points and a better goal difference ahead of them. We’ve had a massive kick up the arse today but we still didn’t lose the game. It may sound nuts but this could actually be a good thing as it might ensure we don’t let complacency set in and get too big for our boots going forward.

6 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Let’s not deny the mistakes of today. But let’s also not fall down a miserable hole either. 

We got away with a gamble and gave Accies a whisper of hope. As Pablo said, hubris. Let’s not do it again. 

It shouldn't have happened in the first place. Just sheer ignorance and stupidity from McGlynn. You play your strongest team available and that was not our strongest team. Bonnyrigg away if you want to f**k about but the league is our bread and butter and it's two points dropped that really could have been three. 

I want to hear what McGlynn has to say in his post match interview. He'd better be looking straight at the camera and apologizing profusely to the fans, especially the ones that shelled out their hard earned to go to a shit stadium in Edinburgh to back the team.

I was one who said, after Airdrie, that  he should be reviewed even if win the league this season. Things were going so well though, that I personally had changed my view on that. 

After today’s decisions, it’s back to a review for me. That sounds really fickle but I can accept a loss, today just reminds me of Airdrie levels of foolishness.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

Just now, Bairn in Exile said:

I want to hear what McGlynn has to say in his post match interview. He'd better be looking straight at the camera and apologizing profusely to the fans, especially the ones that shelled out their hard earned to go to a shit stadium in Edinburgh to back the team.

Yes, I want him on his knees begging for mercy

32 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Really hope this ends the love in with Allan especially. Have not understood it for the best part of a year, this has proven me right. 

Is there a love in ?

I'll repeat what I said earlier, taking away width from our full backs and wide players didn't help Oliver or Allan.

McCann was superb when he came on today and Yeats fired the cross in for our first goal.

I'd have kept Oliver on and got Morrison on today, tho perhaps he was nursing an injury and only on the bench for a short cameo role if required.

4 changes drastic, 5 mad, 6 wild