The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Our camera quality is consistently poor, which it shouldn’t be considering the money spent on it. Edinburgh, Montrose and Alloa for example have much better clarity of picture whenever I see their highlights.

Isn’t a new thing though, the quality was as poor last season and seasons before too 

Sure there's a team below us who upload their highlights in 4K. I want to say Stranraer?

I think the overall FTV coverage is steadily improving, and I know the guys get a lot of stick (missing Miller's beauty v Hamilton away for example) but I really don't want to criticise people who are doing their best. I can't speak for anybody else, but I'd be happy waiting into Sunday morning for the highlights to be uploaded if it meant getting 4K uploads, or even just getting better than we currently get. At times, our Edinburgh highlights looked like they were running at 10 frames per second. The stream was gash and the highlights were somehow worse. The video wasn't fir for purpose and shouldn't have been uploaded in my opinion. When Edinburgh, a team with far less resources available to them than us, are able to upload a much better looking video, I can't help but ask what the problem is on our end preventing us from doing the same?

Edited by Raybowski89

46 minutes ago, Captain Chugwash said:

Are you a football club media critic? You’re on this forum regularly having digs. If you feel so strongly about it (which appears to be the case), instead of going on another team’s forum to criticise their media, maybe get in touch with the media team yourself to offer your suggestions. On here you just come across as extremely arrogant. 

I think it’s a mixture between arrogant know it all and an attempted veiled dig at the the club since his team and club can can’t measure up to us on any other aspect. As Bainsfordbairn says there’s normally a level of professional courtesy between people working in the same industry (certainly is in my line of work) where they will communicate within they’re own circles to trouble shoot and constructively help each other out (particularly when it’s sombody just starting out) but you do always get an arse hole or two that love the sound of they’re own voices and they tend to eventually end up being ignored / shuned by the more normal thinking more civilised people. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

This is the point I always make if you want me to make your product you better pay me to do it. Falkirk are using three volunteers... I'm well within my rights to say I think your product is rubbish. That original criticism came from your own Falkirk fans. I'm just offering my opinion on a) why it's ugly b) how to make it better.

If that's not the done thing then it bloody well should be.

Nobody asked you to make our product better. I’m sure the club will improve without your self-important criticism.

at least we didn’t start the season posting embarrassing AI match preview graphics only to stop when you got bantered off by us for claiming it was “time to bring down the steeple” before getting battered 4-1. 

Just now, LeodhasXD said:

@BainsfordbairnIs there different equipment or process from when these highlights were produced?

I've no idea. I know they had major issues with a laptop at the start of the season which are sorted but I don't know the specifics of how the work is produced. I know the guys - our media officers are my friends and the new volunteers are sound - but I don't have a direct involvement in their work. I chat to the guys before and after the game but that's all. 

You'ld have to ask them, but I don't think they post on here so it would need to be through official channels. 

2 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I think it’s a mixture between arrogant know it all and an attempted veiled dig at the the club since his team and club can can’t measure up to us on any other aspect. As Bainsfordbairn says there’s normally a level of professional courtesy between people working in the same industry (certainly is in my line of work) where they will communicate within there own circles to trouble shoot and help each other out but you do always get an arse hole or two that love the sound of they’re own voices and generally end up being ignored / shuned by most normal thinking people. 

This. Alloa have been unprofessional with us for years. The media team had a lot of issues a season or two ago in terms of Alloa being unnecessarily awkward with allowing them to set up for streams etc. So it’s no surprise that one of them is on here being unprofessional. 

Just now, LeodhasXD said:

This is the point I always make if you want me to make your product you better pay me to do it. Falkirk are using three volunteers... I'm well within my rights to say I think your product is rubbish. That original criticism came from your own Falkirk fans. I'm just offering my opinion on a) why it's ugly b) how to make it better.

If that's not the done thing then it bloody well should be.

Of course you are within your rights, but completely lacks any professional integrity. Deliberately criticising volunteers publicly, who are in the same line of work as yourself lacks class and makes you come across really arrogant. We get it, you are good at your job, doesn't mean you have to go around saying those volunteers are rubbish. You'd think anyone in your position would be defending these guys instead of just having a go and saying 'look how amazing I am' think you've made a wrong judgement call on this one. 

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

I've no idea. I know they had major issues with a laptop at the start of the season which are sorted but I don't know the specifics of how the work is produced. I know the guys - our media officers are my friends and the new volunteers are sound - but I don't have a direct involvement in their work. I chat to the guys before and after the game but that's all. 

You'ld have to ask them, but I don't think they post on here so it would need to be through official channels. 

I'm going to level with you I'm not going to go out of my way to get into contact with them. No problem telling them what I think when they're about though. If it's a problem with rendering the video with a faulty laptop that could be a mitigating factor for the way it looks now but it was definitely better at the beginning of the season and something is off.

11 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

When Edinburgh, a team with far less resources available to them than us, are able to upload a much better looking video, I can't help but ask what the problem is on our end preventing us from doing the same?

Guy who does the video for Edinburgh runs a Wedding Video business I'm sure

8 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I’ve never seen anybody from our team of media volunteer’s posting on here or on an Alloa forum for that matter. They always use official club platforms to communicate with fans which is probably the correct and professional way to operate. It’s a new group of people in charge of the coverage and so will be a bit of a work in progress, any slight issues will sort themselves out as  time goes on but by in large I’ve been quite happy with the stuff so far. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

4 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'm going to level with you I'm not going to go out of my way to get into contact with them. No problem telling them what I think when they're about though. If it's a problem with rendering the video with a faulty laptop that could be a mitigating factor for the way it looks now but it was definitely better at the beginning of the season and something is off.

That’s fine. Nobody wants you to. I do find very strange that you’d go out your way to post on our forum to voice your unwanted opinions though.

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

You'd have to agree visually a lot better looking than Edinburgh though?

Of course but then last week at home v anyone was a lot better than Edinburgh for example. 

I just think our picture quality has NEVER been as good as it should be. It’s like watching in SD when you’ve seen HD being made for less money.

I’m not trying to upset volunteers. Just wondering if there is a reason our picture quality has never reached the level Montrose or Alloa can achieve. 

Just now, Captain Chugwash said:

That’s fine. Nobody wants you to. I do find very strange that you’d go out your way to post on our forum to voice your unwanted opinions though.

I read everybody's forum? It's a great way to keep up with Scottish football.

Who do we play up front on Saturday if McIver isn’t fit. For me it has to be Oliver as Shanley is cup tied and Allan can’t play the lone striker. Enough goals in Morrison, Miller, Nesbitt etc to get us through. Back to our normal formation and get things done.  If anyone is touch and go injury wise then rest them and get our regular 11 fit  for Alloa as that is the more important game for me.

I have been quite vocal that I really dislike when the volunteers at falkirk tv are getting criticised for the reason they are dedicating their time and effort to deliver a product for free. But to have someone in a professional capacity from a different club be as down right rude and disrespectful of someone in their own industry is beyond weird. I'd be livid if our media guys or bainsford Bairn for that matter went around commenting on everything wrong at other clubs and why we are better. It would be an absolute embarrassment. 

My understanding of "ParsTV" is that while they started with ParsTV as fans, they have then gone out and set up their own business to support other clubs producing live streams as well. The very least they deserve is the professional respect of having their business credited rather than this inflammatory "ParsTV" nonsense. Maybe this Alloa guy can take a leaf out of their book if he is really so beyond everyone else. 

Just now, Captain Chugwash said:

There’s a difference between reading and constantly posting criticism of volunteers.

My main criticism is that volunteers aren't paid to learn how to do things. Falkirk should definitely provide them adequate training.