The Falkirk FC Thread

13 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

They did it to us as well just before they went bust the first time for spending money they didn’t have, Crabbe, Hagen and Marino Keith the season before all apparently doubled they’re wages at that time to move. 

One of the reasons that I utterly loathe Livingston.

8 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

... Conversely,looking at it another way it is him letting other clubs know that the three players in question may be out of contract at the end of the season and this is a ruse to get bids for them.

I'd hope Accies could try and act like a football club instead of agents. I know that might be difficult based on recent experience!

Since Falkirk can't stop Cal from discussions with Hamilton I hope he politely tells them where to go and that he has management to handle his business and doesn't need them to act on his behalf. 

What a shower 😒

Pretty much covered over the past page, from what I’ve heard there has been an approach for the players. However normally this type of business is kept private thus keeping confidentiality between all parties. How this has ended public, you can speculate, but huge own goal if Accies have deliberately went out to media, as good as saying their current players are second class. 

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Pretty much covered over the past page, from what I’ve heard there has been an approach for the players. However normally this type of business is kept private thus keeping confidentiality between all parties. How this has ended public, you can speculate, but huge own goal if Accies have deliberately went out to media, as good as saying their current players are second class. 

Could we have 'leaked' it? 

16 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Where did you hear that??

The Record Exclusive

The Daily Record ain't exactly a trustworthy, honest or credible source of information. Therefore what they printed should be treated accordingly, namely 'Aye right not'

To be fair to the players involved with their permission both clubs should make a statement on the matter to kill the gossip, theories, bullshit and stirring.

15 minutes ago, SomersetBairn said:

Could we have 'leaked' it? 

Why would we leak it to Lanarkshire sports it’s probably just paper talk to unsettle the players and it won’t work as we have established 

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Where did you hear that??

It's portrayed as a "courtesy" between managers but interpretation is to sow doubt that the player is as committed as he was before. The approach coming from your "rivals" is designed to increase that doubt ahead of future head-to-heads.

When you add everything together that Accies have done - attempting to minimise the away support, over-age ball boys and now this - they are trying every trick in the book to disrupt us. 

Our focus should purely be on ourselves and let Accies worry about us as they clearly are.

9 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

It's portrayed as a "courtesy" between managers but interpretation is to sow doubt that the player is as committed as he was before. The approach coming from your "rivals" is designed to increase that doubt ahead of future head-to-heads.

When you add everything together that Accies have done - attempting to minimise the away support, over-age ball boys and now this - they are trying every trick in the book to disrupt us. 

Our focus should purely be on ourselves and let Accies worry about us as they clearly are.

Aye, Springfield seems to 'hear' things from a lot of different sources though. I'm just wondering where this latest one came from.

16 hours ago, Shabba said:

The Record also reporting that Hamilton have made an approach to get Andy Halliday, is their chairman just writing the stories himself?

He was “linked” with Gary Hooper a few weeks ago, I say linked very loosely he knew someone that knew Neil Lennon and asked him and got a quick no back. 

13 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

Do you (or any other Falkirk fans for that matter) never get embarrassed posting stuff like this? 

Why should I? It's a fact. I'm not making anything up here. I'd be more embarrassed if my club was trying to sign players they've got absolutely no chance of signing in order to try and either unsettle the opposition or give their own fans a bit of hope.

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Exactly this, surely this just puts down Accies forward players instead of unsettling ours?