The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Exactly this, surely this just puts down Accies forward players instead of unsettling ours?

Rumour has it that Kevin O ‘Hara is fizzing with this story & threatening to go on strike……..although chances are he won’t manage to hit anybody 😎

1 hour ago, Barr said:

IMG_6802.jpeg

no such thing in football, every player has a price. our trump however is we're top of the league so selling would come at a premium to allow reinvestment.

Edited by ChrispPancake

Just catching up on this Hamilton “bid” for our players. Talk about tinpot releasing this to the press. I am sure tapping up and bids like this go on all the time but the desperation of this is flabbergasting, keep it under wraps if you actually serious. 

All it has done is brought Falkirk fans together when there was a bit of disharmony at the weekend. Goons they are, fucking goons. COYB 

16 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

every player has a price. our trump however is we're top of the league so selling would come at a premium to allow reinvestment.

In this case, I don't think we'd sell at ANY price. At least not one that Accies could afford. 

We've been well warned that if we don't go up this season it could be our last as a fulltime club. The 400K annual gap is well known. So let's say Accies offer us 800K, or enough to sustain fulltime football in this league for two more seasons  

Does that justify the risk of not getting promoted, just because we'd have two more chances at it in future? Particularly as we'd be strengthening our direct rivals and McGlynn has already spoken about how hard it is to recruit in January. 

They would need to offer millions (yes plural) to make the risk worthwhile. And selling our two best players would see such a backlash against the BOD that it would probably demolish everyone's faith in fan ownership. 

I don't think there's a cat in hells chance of that happening. Maybe if an English club offered 500K for Morrison alone we'd consider it but there is no way we'd 

1) let our best two players go to our only competitor,  

2) sell (arguably) our best player when he still has a year and a half left on his contract. 

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

In this case, I don't think we'd sell at ANY price. At least not one that Accies could afford. 

We've been well warned that if we don't go up this season it could be our last as a fulltime club. The 400K annual gap is well known. So let's say Accies offer us 800K, or enough to sustain fulltime football in this league for two more seasons  

Does that justify the risk of not getting promoted, just because we'd have two more chances at it in future? Particularly as we'd be strengthening our direct rivals and McGlynn has already spoken about how hard it is to recruit in January. 

They would need to offer millions (yes plural) to make the risk worthwhile. And selling our two best players would see such a backlash against the BOD that it would probably demolish everyone's faith in fan ownership. 

I don't think there's a cat in hells chance of that happening. Maybe if an English club offered 500K for Morrison alone we'd consider it but there is no way we'd 

1) let our best two players go to our only competitor,  

2) sell (arguably) our best player when he still has a year and a half left on his contract. 

Agree. The more angles I try to think about this from, the less sense it makes for Accies. They’re hemorrhaging cash this season with the largest budget in the division, even if their latest owner has deep pockets, so they would be taking a huge risk. It can only be a hamfisted attempt to sow discord, which has had the opposite effect. 

Quite an achievement that, unifying Falkirk fans.

1 hour ago, Barr said:

IMG_6802.jpeg

Bit of a sore one if we do end up losing Morrison for hee haw in the summer but I'd still prefer that to any money we receive now, as he can stay here and get us promoted. 

4 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Bit of a sore one if we do end up losing Morrison for hee haw in the summer but I'd still prefer that to any money we receive now, as he can stay here and get us promoted. 

I’m sure promotion is worth something north of £1m extra to the club all in between tickets, sponsorship & league money so it’s a no brainer keeping him or any other player. 

4 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I’m sure promotion is worth something north of £1m extra to the club all in between tickets, sponsorship & league money so it’s a no brainer keeping him or any other player. 

The real question is whether Morrison can remain focused and invested for what time he has left here. It's hard to not question the fact that when the chips were down on Saturday, McGlynn didn't turn to Callumn, despite the fact he'd just scored twice against Cove. Hopefully I'm speculating over nothing and he wasn't fully fit or carrying a knock, but why have him on the bench in that case?

13 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Not sure it’s quite as much as that. Our average income for the Championship was £2.3m. It’s been £1.52m on average in League One but think we made over £1.8m last year so all things being equal it won’t be as big a leap. especially as our average spend was at £2.76m/year when we were last in the Championship.

Regardless of the figures,  promotion is massive to how we progress as a club and there’s no point selling our biggest assets if it will cause a dent on our title ambitions and cause us to languish in this league any longer.  

Edited by Dave McInally

3 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

The real question is whether Morrison can remain focused and invested for what time he has left here. It's hard to not question the fact that when the chips were down on Saturday, McGlynn didn't turn to Callumn, despite the fact he'd just scored twice against Cove. Hopefully I'm speculating over nothing and he wasn't fully fit or carrying a knock, but why have him on the bench in that case?

I'd suggest it was purely because he had 5 subs and Ethan Ross was the only irregular starter who didn't have a stinker from the 6 changes who wouldn't be ineffectual switching to the right hand side.

Everyone else brought on didn't require a positional change from where they'd normally play.

8 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Callumn has been our best player for the last 3.5 seasons and scored 2 goals in his last outing prior to Saturday. No idea why McGlynn didn’t bring him on but he’s consistently being doing the business for us. 

As a falkirk fan i dont see why a Callum Morrison who is getting paid more than moving to hamilton at falkirk and hamilton wouldn’t offer anymore than falkirk so why would Morrison want to even contemplate moving?

7 minutes ago, Frzfl11 said:

As a falkirk fan i dont see why a Callum Morrison who is getting paid more than moving to hamilton at falkirk and hamilton wouldn’t offer anymore than falkirk so why would Morrison want to even contemplate moving?

Hamilton are a bigger club with more fans.

14 minutes ago, Frzfl11 said:

He’s not going to Hamilton, the story you read is fabricated. Ignore it! 

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hamilton are a bigger club with more fans.

Where were they when I was in Hamilton last month if they have more fans? Seem to recall Falkirk outnumbering them 2:1 in their own ground. I take it the rest of the Hamilton fans weren't feeling it/were away to watch Celtic?

40 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

Callumn has been our best player for the last 3.5 seasons and scored 2 goals in his last outing prior to Saturday. No idea why McGlynn didn’t bring him on but he’s consistently being doing the business for us. 

@Blame Me makes a good point that Ross wasn't having a stinker, so didnt deserve to come off, but all the same, surely you'd want to accommodate your (arguably) best player when you need to overturn a 2 goal deficit?