The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Miller is better than Kennedy though. Kucheriavyi and Spencer would be borderline cheating.

Now there's a decent debate RE Miller vs Kennedy. I adore Miller so I am probably going to agree with you there. 

What a midfield that would have been if we'd gotten Max on loan again....

Just now, Springfield said:

Don’t like to single out any player but Miller is different class. Not exactly sure how his career has played/panned out, but to pick up this quality in league one looks like the best signing since a certain Mr Latapy. 

There are good players, and then there are players who simply aren't phased by the pressure of being the star player. That's Miller. You get the impression that his career has stalled somewhat, because let's be honest - if he were playing like this elsewhere he'd be in the Scottish Premiership right now, not playing for us in league 1. How long is his contract? 2025 I think? I'd be prioritising getting him tied down beyond 2025 if possible as a matter of urgency.

1 hour ago, Raybowski89 said:

But you're just not gonna drop Nesbitt for him. Don't think there's anyone in the entire squad with a higher workrate than Aidan. And to think - my Morton-supporting mate never rated him, or Miller for that matter. Morton played Miller at left back ffs!

Aye, once on the last game of the season when Callum Waters and Lewis Strapp was injured! He played on the wing every other game. If your source is your Morton supporting mate, he's talking pish!

Miller was a bit rusty when he first came in, understandably so when he was out for months beforehand, but the last few months of last season he was good once he got upto speed and most Morton fans were disappointed to see him go. If your source is your Morton supporting mate, he's talking pish again.

Nesbitt was hot and cold with us, sometimes brilliant, other times, waste of a jersey! I'll let your Morton supporting mate off with that one as Nesbitt certainly divided the Morton support.

1 hour ago, Raybowski89 said:

It's hard not to feel a wee bit for Alfie. Was in fine form earlier in the season, but found himself relegated to the bench despite not doing a lot wrong. He's simply nowhere near as effective off the bench and I can't help but wonder if his confidence has been severely knocked. At this rate, I can't see him being a Falkirk player much longer.

I think part of his problem is trying too hard when he comes on. Wants to prove too much that he's a good player, rather than lifting his head and getting his teammates involved.

41 minutes ago, madton said:

Aye, once on the last game of the season when Callum Waters and Lewis Strapp was injured! He played on the wing every other game. If your source is your Morton supporting mate, he's talking pish!

Miller was a bit rusty when he first came in, understandably so when he was out for months beforehand, but the last few months of last season he was good once he got upto speed and most Morton fans were disappointed to see him go. If your source is your Morton supporting mate, he's talking pish again.

Nesbitt was hot and cold with us, sometimes brilliant, other times, waste of a jersey! I'll let your Morton supporting mate off with that one as Nesbitt certainly divided the Morton support.

Always good to get an outside perspective on things. I don't know much about wage structures etc but I'm assuming then that we were able to offer Calvin a better deal than Morton? Or was he not offered a deal?

My Morton-supporting mate also said that Falkirk have an impressive support home and away. He most certainly was not talking pish when he said that! 

Credit to your lot btw. Things were looking incredibly bleak for Imrie earlier in the season but that's one hell of a turnaround. Please kick on from here and pip Dunfermline to the play-offs. 

I’d keep Alfie over Ross at the moment, for what it’s worth. 

Watched some early season highlights on FTV last night, he was central to so much, Alloa, Kelty and Edinburgh away particular highlights. Since then he’s basically been out the team apart from cameos. Mental to say he should be off this window. 

9 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Watched some early season highlights on FTV last night, he was central to so much, Alloa, Kelty and Edinburgh away particular highlights. Since then he’s basically been out the team apart from cameos. Mental to say he should be off this window. 

Regardless of where we're playing next season, I would like Alfie to be a part of the squad. Guys like McKay, Mackie, Allan and McGinn have no place in it, however. Some folk include Oliver too but I'd argue that he's playing the role of super sub rather well. I'd keep him. Jury is still out on Lowal. He'd probably benefit from a loan move, somewhere he can play 90 mins every week and show people what he can do. He's been completely frozen out of the team and none of us currently know why.

If we win tomorrow and beat TNS that's us playing every Saturday til the end of the season plus 3 midweeks. A kind draw in the next round of the SC could also add a 4th. Would be madness to let Agyeman go in this window, especially to someone else in this division.

Edited by lanky_ffc

25 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

... Would be madness to let Agyeman go in this window, especially to someone else in this division.

I've not been impressed recently but would agree I wouldn't be shipping him out. 
Would prefer to see him played centrally as a replacement for MacIver in games but Allan and now Shanley seem to be favoured instead.

We've seen Ola used wide and use him off the bench there, so that would be the tweaks I'd make.

Edited by Blame Me
Clarification

22 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

If we win tomorrow and beat TNS that's us playing every Saturday til the end of the season plus 3 midweeks. A kind draw in the next round of the SC could also add a 4th. Would be madness to let Agyeman go in this window, especially to someone else in this division.

As you say we have a hell of a lot of football still to play this season before you even factor in the effect of any postponements.

The talk of farming players out is a nonsense, certainly don’t want to see any more “experiments “ like last Saturday but guys who are not quoted at the moment could have a part to play as the season moves on.

10 hours ago, bairn88 said:

53 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Has anyone actually said that they would like to see him move? Canny be arsed going through everything to check. 

I certainly wouldn't want to lose him. As poor as he's been, he could just as easily play tomorrow and have a stormer. His unpredictability is as valuable as his skill!

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

Postponement tomorrow would mean game scheduled for Tuesday.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/11280/r4-fixtures.pdf

2 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Our unbeaten run has to come to an end sooner or later.  I wouldn't care if it came at the hands of Bonnyrigg or TNS and keep our league push going.

I get where you're coming from but didn't last season's cup run allow us to more or less break even? The danger I suppose is that we have a very small squad and a fixture backlog, combined with a couple of injuries, could be disastrous. *Touch wood* hopefully we get the cup run and no injuries!

4 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

I get where you're coming from but didn't last season's cup run allow us to more or less break even? The danger I suppose is that we have a very small squad and a fixture backlog, combined with a couple of injuries, could be disastrous. *Touch wood* hopefully we get the cup run and no injuries!

I understand there are arguments for both sides.  A cup run would mean more money coming in but on the other hand it would mean more two games a week scenarios with the chances of more injuries etc.  

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake