The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, HonestAl said:

Brad McKay joins Kelty on loan for the rest of the season.

Best wishes, of course, but lets hope there is an inclusion in the agreement whereby he MUST play against the parent club.

Haha it would just be like the cnut to score against us from a set piece for that reason I hope we have a clause that says he can't. 

14 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Haha it would just be like the cnut to score against us from a set piece for that reason I hope we have a clause that says he can't. 

Tbh…I think there is more a chance of gifting us a goal…let’s face it, he’s given our competitors plenty🤬

3 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Our unbeaten run has to come to an end sooner or later.  I wouldn't care if it came at the hands of Bonnyrigg or TNS and keep our league push going.

Not Bonnyrigg, we shouldn't be getting beat of them and it can be a cash cow onwards.

I want to win every game,that hasn't changed in whatever league we have been in, part of me doesn't care about the challenge cup but that changes when you reach the semis.

So let's win the league n cup double and wait for the Scottish cup final after that 😶😶

33 minutes ago, Rugster said:

MacIver back in contention with someone else a doubt according to McGlynn

It's Donaldson or Lang. My money would be on Donaldson, that sniper from Edinburgh must have left the big man crocked

Can only be Mackie or Hendo at centre half if one of them are out 

11 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Coll or Lang, aw naw 

Just now, FK1Bairn said:

It's Donaldson or Lang. My money would be on Donaldson, that sniper from Edinburgh must have left the big man crocked

Can only be Mackie or Hendo at centre half if one of them are out 

Did he say it was one of those two? I haven’t been able to listen yet just saw the tweet. 

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Did he say it was one of those two? I haven’t been able to listen yet just saw the tweet. 

He said it was one of our centre backs, might be Mackie? 

If it's one of our centre backs, I'd put Hendo back there, move Yeats into CM and put Bisland at RB. Mackie looked like he was towing a caravan last week - largely not his fault cause he hasn't been playing, but he clearly wasn't up to speed.

32 minutes ago, Rugster said:

He said it was a centre half that was a major doubt,with McKay going out on loan it just shows how much he was rated that he was allowed to go with a CH possibly out.

35 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

If it's one of our centre backs, I'd put Hendo back there, move Yeats into CM and put Bisland at RB. Mackie looked like he was towing a caravan last week - largely not his fault cause he hasn't been playing, but he clearly wasn't up to speed.

Na

Henderson CH, Nesbitt beside Spenser, Alfie or Ross No10

Maybe it might be better putting Mackie in at centre half so as to reduce the number of changes needed. Tight pitch so less running about needed by him.

Would also play Agyeman through the middle as a number 9 (if MacIver struggling for fitness). He is more effective nearer the centre of the pitch than out wide.

2 hours ago, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

Wonder how much of his wages Kelty are covering for the rest of the season, and if we’ll be looking to replace him?

Interesting commentary from McGlynn when asked about McKays loan to Kelty, maybe wrong but sounded like Kelty ain’t picking up his all his wages. 

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Interesting commentary from McGlynn when asked about McKays loan to Kelty, maybe wrong but sounded like Kelty ain’t picking up his all his wages. 

Clubs never pick up the full wage of a loan player

26 minutes ago, Springfield said:

It would be unusual if they were , it’s normally a percentage clubs pay towards wages for loan deals. I’d guess they are maybe picking up half his salary costs plus maybe bonuses. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

5 minutes ago, Mevilc Bairn said:

Maybe it might be better putting Mackie in at centre half so as to reduce the number of changes needed. Tight pitch so less running about needed by him.

Would also play Agyeman through the middle as a number 9 (if MacIver struggling for fitness). He is more effective nearer the centre of the pitch than out wide.

We also know their tactics though, paddy Martin launch to their striker - so height required, Mackie getting bitched in the air at EEP still sticks in my brain  

28 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

It would be unusual if they were , it’s normally a percentage clubs pay towards wages for loan deals. I’d guess they are maybe picking up half his salary costs plus maybe bonuses. 

I don't think anyone is ITK to what his wages actually are but knowing that c**t Holt they must have been decent enough to chuck a three year deal at him from Inverness to ensure he signed for us.