The Falkirk FC Thread

I think we need to prioritise getting a decent keeper in at the moment. GK errors is mainly the reason we’re out of the cup and a number of errors have nearly cost us in many games; Hamilton and Dundee United are games where bad GK mistakes didn’t help. 

41 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Think that's a good signing really, cover for the middle that could potentially see mcginn leaving for a coaching role. 

I think it would be a good idea to keep McGinn, with his coaching ambitions, on our books for the time being. Just in case February doesn't go so well, it would be a decent insurance policy.

Just saying.

OUT NOW at the usual link below for YouTube plus at the usual podcast links for Spotify, Apple etc. Cheers to the circa 2,000 who either watch or download every week, appreciated massively 👏🏻

🆕🎙️EP:68 IF WINNING IS A HABIT…

🔵 Review the Scottish Cup exit to Bonnyrigg Rose with Bairns fan Gary McLachlan🏆
⚪️ Falkirk Pub Trail before Semi Final v TNS 🍻
🔵 @FalkirkWomen_ & their “Young Team” ultras 🥁
⚪️ Camelon/Kemlin chat ⚓️ &
🔵 Preview Alloa (A)….a must win? 🐝

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_7288.thumb.jpeg.b6d2109eeea7ad03879f052ddefe9a44.jpeg

I just don't see us getting another keeper in. We have two already and one on loan  there just isn't room for another. Long would've been on his way back to down south by now if he wasn't staying so it's these two till may I'd expect. 

21 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

I think it would be a good idea to keep McGinn, with his coaching ambitions, on our books for the time being. Just in case February doesn't go so well, it would be a decent insurance policy.

Just saying.

I wouldn't object to him staying in a more coaching role but doubt we have the budget for it come the end of the season so if he's got an opportunity to move then given he will be on a high players salary that money could be used for a GK and maybe some other cover.

6 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

I wouldn't object to him staying in a more coaching role but doubt we have the budget for it come the end of the season so if he's got an opportunity to move then given he will be on a high players salary that money could be used for a GK and maybe some other cover.

I think he's already involved in a coaching / development capacity at St Mirren

38 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Think he will move on leaving a space for Arfield to make his last season at where it all started.

Think that would be a more effective signing

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

Just saying.

The insurance policy being a youth coach who has never managed in his life? That has never gone wrong before.

4 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The insurance policy being a youth coach who has never managed in his life? That has never gone wrong before.

Lots of things have gone wrong before. In fact, pretty much everything.

His positive influence behind the scenes has been well documented and he would be an option, should McGlynn lose the dressing room.

15 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Think he will move on leaving a space for Arfield to make his last season at where it all started.

Think that would be a more effective signing

Would absolutely love Scott to come back. Was surprised Rangers let him leave tbh because he was still an effective player, albeit from the bench. He would be a huge impact sub for us. Would the club be willing to let him wear number 37 though?

2 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Lots of things have gone wrong before. In fact, pretty much everything.

His positive influence behind the scenes has been well documented and he would be an option, should McGlynn lose the dressing room.

The worlds gone mad 

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Hamilton’s social media manager doesn’t appear to be great. Comes across as quite a bitter person in a lot of tweets.

5F0DE6DD-3C4D-4FA8-9060-72B086363B2E.png

I’ll give you one guess who runs that particular account

7 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Would absolutely love Scott to come back. Was surprised Rangers let him leave tbh because he was still an effective player, albeit from the bench. He would be a huge impact sub for us. Would the club be willing to let him wear number 37 though?

I'm sure they wouldnt have a problem with him wearing that number. It's a show of respect from him wherever he goes.