The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

Hendo was different class today 

Its basically impossible to pick standout performers week to week at the moment, but I do like to occasionally point out that I fucking LOVE Hendo. 

4 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

While we are revelling in the moment, I have a question.

It's time I got a new Falkirk shirt, so can someone confirm if the XL is more a loose fit or if it helps to buy 1 size up?

They are pretty true to size, buy whatever size you usually wear in a top

On 25/01/2024 at 21:37, Raybowski89 said:

My dad hasn't been to a Falkirk game since we beat Ross County 1-0 in 2005, and he's just agreed to come to Alloa away with me. Hopefully get the auld yin along to a few games at TFS soon too. COYB!

Bet it won’t be so long before he is back 

All in all, not too bad a week. Not going to say I’m happy about going out of the cup but seeing the draw, i’m not disappointed as it would have been a big ask and another midweek game. Today was tremendous and we’re back on our game, its a pleasure to watch and anyone who had any doubts about McGlynns ability to build a team must be eating their words.

Caught most of the game on Falkirk TV. Great performance. Still find it strange to use all 5 subs at once with a fair bit of time left but Alloa never looked in the game at all. 

Do we change it up for TNS? 

Just now, Dave McInally said:

Caught most of the game on Falkirk TV. Great performance. Still find it strange to use all 5 subs at once with a fair bit of time left but Alloa never looked in the game at all. 

I think we’ve learned our lesson. Same team as today for me.

16 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Falkirk Win

Hamilton Draw

2 points further ahead in the league

Goal difference improved

Shanley scores

Tait scores

Unbeaten run no longer a weight round our neck

Not a bad day at the office.

It’s the council’s fault

Took a while to get going but the result was never in doubt once we went 2-0 up. That was 5-0 going on 8 or 9. Utterly dominant in the end and a real statement to our supposed rivals this season. And Hamilton drew! Vs them at home on the 17th could effectively end their hopes! COYB.

Excellent second half performance. Couple of small scares but other than that very good all round. Spencer Lang and Hendo my picks. Cal and Miller flashes of brilliance. I'd be tempted to start Shanley on Sat. MacIver could do with a rest and not a lot went right for him today but he still worked his socks off as usual. 

Good to see Shanley score at the end and a fantastic 3 pts.  Really looking forward to TNS next week. 

22 games, 20 wins and 0 defeats for them in the Welsh League, it'll be as big a test as we've had this season.  Same XI, good result and a cup final to look forward to would be a tremendous Saturday nights work.  

Just now, Raybowski89 said:

Is it unrealistic to hope for 4K+ in attendance next Saturday? 

I'd hope not.  Saturday night under the lights and a cup semi final.  I'd hope we'd be pushing 5k.  TNS will bring more than most League 1 teams you'd expect too. 

13 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

At first I was a bit perturbed about using all 5 subs at once, but then I realised we could have pumped that mob with 8 men, so it would be fine. 

2 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I'd hope not.  Saturday night under the lights and a cup semi final.  I'd hope we'd be pushing 5k.  TNS will bring more than most League 1 teams you'd expect too. 

That'll be fantastic if it comes to fruition. Hopefully see a few of them out and about in the pubs before KO. They support an English team, who play in Wales, who are competing in a Scottish competition. Imagine trying to explain this to a non-fan 🤣

20 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

Nothing wrong with it, sending 5 subs on at once

I do it all the time when playing FC24 😜

So Bournemouth are thinking of a stakeholding in Hibs. 

Brighton are thinking along the same lines regarding a Scottish feeder club

Burnley looking to tie up an arrangement with Dundee

This stinks! any strategic decision, signings, management would be made not in the Scottish clubs long term interest.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/jan/27/scottish-strugglers-turning-to-english-clubs-for-investment-looks-desperate