The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

Are we expecting anymore movement in or out before the window slams shut later? 

Another good window for JM in terms of the players he's managed to move out and Tait looks like a handy acquisition. 

I've previously stated that we had no need for a DOF when we were in League One, especially that f*cking waste of skin Holt, but I could maybe see us having one in the Championship if we manage to get promoted this season. While I wasn't keen on McGlynn when he was appointed he has done much better than I expected and his wheeling and dealing has been superb. Maybe not next season but have him move upstairs to DOF sometime in the future? The caveat being of course if we can afford to have one.

We're essentially in the same position the scum were last January in that we don't need to force anything this window as squad wise we're cushty.

February should hopefully open up more loan options as I'd still like to see us sign another striker or centre back for cover.

Hamilton's DOF seems to be giving Gary Holt a run for his money on the fucking clueless front, must be his first job.

2 hours ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

Are we expecting anymore movement in or out before the window slams shut later? 

Another good window for JM in terms of the players he's managed to move out and Tait looks like a handy acquisition. 

As does Shanley look promising. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

On 30/01/2024 at 23:22, Bigbrbairn said:

The Ultra craze is really catching on locally. A lot of young guys are being drawn in to be part of something. It is increasing the size of the group and more importantly creating a future support. I was an Ultra from the age of 6 and still am but the word Ultra did not exist then!

Massive FC getting even more massive?

Vince Mcmahon Wwe GIF

16 hours ago, GMBairn said:

I think once we get into the championship the funding coming into the club will need to be reviewed and decisions made.

I would imagine most fans would like to see more investment eventually returning the academy to past glories so as long as we are financially stable in the championship that should be a goal. 

It's been discussed on the forum before and I can only speak for myself but once the club is on an even keel the idea is using the FSS contributions for the academy would be grand to me and others I suspect.

I think that would depend the connection with the club and the youngsters coming though and there would be plenty of commitment to that. 

Every time one of the laddies broke into the team people would be happy to see what's been accomplished and any time one of them was sold people would be seeing their donations multiplied and I think would be happy with that. 

The financial side of an academy will be always be paramount but I think adding a further connection between the fans and the club is important too. In this day and age we need to be giving people a reason to come along rather than jump on a bus to Glasgow or stay home with Sky Sports on. The Ultras give us that and I think a steady line of local talent would as well.

17 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I see a few sources now suggesting Morrison will be away today. Would be a disappointing one as for me he is our most important player. Agyeman and Ross have something to offer but not convinced they would be an adequate replacement. 

Are these sources ITK ? thanks 

2 minutes ago, MulsonFFC said:

Not used to this..... its been so long since I couldn't wait to see the back of most signed players 🤣

Thinking exactly the same. Every Jan window for me for donkeys has been 'so, if we managed to ship out 12, or maybe 14 hopefully and bring in 16.. we might be ok'

20 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I see a few sources now suggesting Morrison will be away today. Would be a disappointing one as for me he is our most important player. Agyeman and Ross have something to offer but not convinced they would be an adequate replacement. 

Any word where he's going and how much we would get... any less than £150k we shouldn't let him go.