The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

McCann's an integral part of our success this season, no way I'd be getting rid. He's actually very good in the air too, despite his height.

I agree, probably my favourite player at the moment. Always puts in a 7/8 out of 10 performance. I actually don’t think at times he gets the recognition he deserves and I’d definitely be keeping him.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

There's no way I'm the only one that gives zero fucks about the TNS game?

No, me too.  We had a weak game against a better organised team, got what we deserved.  Meh.  Move on.

I'd give Mccann a new deal as he's been excellent all season and always gives 110% but McGlynn's tried to replace him with Mackie more than once so I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave in the summer.

46 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree, probably my favourite player at the moment. Always puts in a 7/8 out of 10 performance. I actually don’t think at times he gets the recognition he deserves and I’d definitely be keeping him.

McCann is having a great season and is well worth retaining. However he has been found out a couple of times being too advanced before attacks have began or likely to begin, like where he was when Nesbit was closed down in a wide right defensive position on Saturday when he played the ball back to Lang he didn’t have on out ball left to McCann as he was trotting back from being too advanced at a point when he was unlikely to receive the ball.

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There's no way I'm the only one that gives zero fucks about the TNS game?

I think it’s more to do with the recognition that we look really good in this division and a growing expectation that we were good enough to challenge towards the top of the Championship. The TNS game showed us that we will struggle against higher quality players in a better organised team….

Edited by roman_bairn

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think it’s more to do with the recognition that we look really good in this division and a growing expectation that we were good enough to challenge towards the top of the Championship. The TNS game showed us that we will struggle against higher quality players in a better organised team….

But the Dundee Utd, Ayr, Partick and QP games showed this squad can also compete with them. We don’t know what the squad will look like if we go up, but I’d still hope it would be largely be what we have now, with a few additions to bolster. 

Don’t think there’s anyone having a cheap shot/pot at McCann. He’s been one of our stalwarts this season. Some of his attacking attributes a pleasure to watch. However his defensive qualities when under pressure not as good. 

I don’t think it’s outlandish to suggest that if you’re to move up a division, some of the players that got you out of League One won’t necessarily make the cut a level above. It’s sad, but I don’t think it constitutes having a go at anyone, it’s just the nature of the game.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

6 minutes ago, StuartA said:

But the Dundee Utd, Ayr, Partick and QP games showed this squad can also compete with them. We don’t know what the squad will look like if we go up, but I’d still hope it would be largely be what we have now, with a few additions to bolster. 

Yes I think the first game against DU was similar to the TNS game. And I think we had a really good spell against Dundee U in the second game when they simply went to pieces. I actually thought the Partick game was our best performance of the four games you mentioned. I’m not sure Ayr or QP were good examples of well organised sides at the top end of the Championship so I’m not sure I’d include those as examples.

I do think we are a bit short on the quality needed to push on if we get up next season now. More than I thought a few weeks ago….

Edited by roman_bairn

On McCann, I’d definitely offer a new contract. I’d also like Mackie to stay as he’s had nowhere near enough game time, due to the settled team. 

On another subject, well done the Club on their statement and hope it weeds out the trouble, sending a strong signal. The proof will be in our biggest home game of the season vs Hamilton, up next. I’d expect the Club will arrange a heavier security presence to deter any repeat occurrence.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

So in the space of a week, McCann isn’t good enough for the Championship if we get promoted because he’s short and we are fucked if we go up because we had an off night against TNS.

Give me strength.

Re what I said re the Championship. I think we’d survive the Championship but not sure I think we would be pushing for promotion. And is not just the TNS game it’s the performance in a few games for which we seem to think there’s mitigating circumstances that wholly explain the poor results when really I think most would still have expected us to win with the quality we thought we had on the bench for example…..

Teams do target McCann due to his height but how often is it a successful tactic? The guy is actually pretty good in the air and never gives anything less than a 7/10 performance every week. Get him a new contract and forget any talk of getting rid. 

11 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

People wanting Mackie to stay?! Absolutely wild, looked terrible and unfit v Edinburgh city Ffs. One to get off the books. 

Appreciate he was poor vs Edinburgh and I’m giving him some benefit of doubt here. He’s hardly kicked a ball all season so I’d guess he’s pretty rusty, and think the Edinburgh brain-fart game he was asked to play ‘left wing’ in a 3-5-2, which confused the hell out of him and his team mates for that matter. I’ve not minded him too much when he was playing regular, barring the odd rash challenge.

Edited by GunnerBairn

Really good statement from the club. Hopefully they can work together to identify the perpetrators and get them banned. 

I hope the ultras will be co-operative if only for their own sake as the club can’t continue to facilitate them if incidents keep occurring. Have to say some of their social media content/comments doesn’t do any favours in that regard.