The Falkirk FC Thread

50 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

Get them clearing up the rubbish Cliff Richard 

No idea who you are or what you have against me. Disagree with me on anything then fine but could do without your jibes. 

Edited by Dave Mc

1 hour ago, Dave Mc said:

No idea who you are or what you have against me. Disagree with me on anything then fine but could do without your jibes. 

Go and have a lie down sweetheart it is called banter. You appear to have no tolerance for the wide variety of people who represent our fanbase. If you are not bashing on about ultras you are complaining about rubbish in the stand. I respect your right to go and watch the football without telling you how to behave maybe you should apply your Christian type values to others

2 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

Go and have a lie down sweetheart it is called banter. You appear to have no tolerance for the wide variety of people who represent our fanbase. If you are not bashing on about ultras you are complaining about rubbish in the stand. I respect your right to go and watch the football without telling you how to behave maybe you should apply your Christian type values to others

Folk have other things going on in their life so what’s banter for you isn’t for others. You may not like my views but I do stand up for what I believe in and don’t come on here to abuse others whilst hiding behind a username. 

3 minutes ago, Dave Mc said:

Folk have other things going on in their life so what’s banter for you isn’t for others. You may not like my views but I do stand up for what I believe in and don’t come on here to abuse others whilst hiding behind a username. 

I guess I won't be invited to your next tupperware party. I apologise for hurting your feelings 

1 minute ago, Higgenarse said:

I guess I won't be invited to your next tupperware party. I apologise for hurting your feelings 

On 03/02/2024 at 11:19, Higgenarse said:

As the late Caroline Flack said if you are going to be something today be kind

3 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

Airdrie will take 2-2.5 thousand surely and then maybe 500-750 coming up from Wales. 

One observation I wish to make as an exiled Welshman & adopted Bairn ………..Oswestry is actually in England 🤔

12 hours ago, falkirkbairn23 said:

I think the team as it is, is good enough for the Championship top half if we get promoted.

However, there are defo a few positions we will have to bolster. GK, RB, and ST are the main ones for me. With two of these being starters.

RB already sorted with Keelan Adams ✅

6 hours ago, GunnerBairn said:

RB already sorted with Keelan Adams ✅

Whilst I’m looking forward to seeing him in action, I think it’s a lot to ask of Adams to be a starting right back 3 tiers up from what he’s playing now:

As I said in a previous post, IF we get promoted, would give Yeats a one year extension and see how he gets on. But I probably see him more as cover between right back and centre mid, with us getting another right back in.

Doubt Yeats or Adams will be on massive wages.

I'd be very disappointed if we don't attempt to keep Yeats, as a saleable asset, in a position to impress if we go up. 

Who are we kidding going on about having an academy if we were to go up then immediately  block the pathway of a young guy who played a huge part in getting us there....

If you can't fit someone like Yeats in the team, you can forget ever blooding academy youngsters with zero pro experience.

On 06/02/2024 at 12:14, BPM said:

But they are Dave. They are looking for any excuse to knock the club. If you can’t see it then you must be blind. 

What happened on Saturday was wrong. The club took a bit of time to assess what had happened and put out a strong and balanced statement and clearly said they will take strong action with who was involved. Then you get people saying 3 strikes and you are out. If that is not wanting them banned or treating them all the same then I don’t know what is. 

There are some sanctimonious falkirk fans who post on this thread, calling them c*nts is a bit ott mate. There is a lot of sarcasm including me, which may cause some confusion. I do notice that every clubs thread has that one poster that is over sensitive, acts like a wannabe despot, never admit they're wrong, think they're the sole truth teller and then f**ks off when the going gets tough.

Edited by AJ1981
2 keep up 2 date

On 06/02/2024 at 10:28, falkirkbairn23 said:

I think the team as it is, is good enough for the Championship top half if we get promoted.

However, there are defo a few positions we will have to bolster. GK, RB, and ST are the main ones for me. With two of these being starters.

Spine cf to cm to st is signed up for next season 

We will need to fill gk and wherever we get weakened 

Morrison,Ross and any players we would keep decide to leave but Lang, Donaldson, Spencer, Henderson,Maciver and I'll say it Nesbitt won't look out of place league up.

I do think Mcglynn, if still here needs to be less stubborn on formations tho. We are in a league where we can play below our potential and win or not lose. We won't have that luxury a league up week in week out and the recent cup games for me has shown he is stubborn to play one formation. 

On 06/02/2024 at 11:46, falkirkbairn23 said:

Will be interesting to see what happens at the RB with the young boy being signed.

Starting striker (to a lesser extent) and GK are a must. 

I know Ross hasn't set the world alight, but I would keep him for next season. Not his fault he's not had a run of games with Miller/Morrison being in the form that they are. 

I very much will wait and see with new right back. He has come from a level very few make that rise up.

We gave the boy from camelon 2yr I think and you know the rest. 

I trust McGlynn's record but  getting a first team player from that level to league one above to rise happens rarely nowadays 

23 hours ago, Passionate said:

What is the capacity of the main stand at the Falkirk Stadium..

Thanks in advance

Main stand be enough for you both, even with 1000comps 😄

13 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

One observation I wish to make as an exiled Welshman & adopted Bairn ………..Oswestry is actually in England 🤔

A lot of the Welsh still think its in Wales.

I caught last 20 mins of Saturdays rugby with a good few of my Welsh friends and that was their opinion., only one followed the Welsh football tho.

Tbf I have zero interest in rugby, my friend Stuart left my side as I think I was asking to many questions on the funny shaped ball sport

I want to hear both positive and negative viewpoints on this thread in order that I can make up my own mind. The one thing that I think prevails on here is that there are quite a number on here with friends associated with the club that now appear to think that everything is immune to criticism. My personal view is that if we are going to attack everyone who expresses a negative viewpoint we will end up with a delusional view that everything is perfect behind the scenes.

I agree with the general view that we are in a much better place both on the playing field and behind the scenes but let’s allow free expression of views amongst ourselves without having a go at everyone that we don’t agree with….

As for ultras violence 

Ive seen more violence in a supermarket.

The hamilton version last time through there would've shat it if their form teacher turned up.

Yep the nonsense needs to stop but I seen similar with German ones in Portugal.  They acted all Billy bigbaws, got a little out of turn with other folk in bar but waited to smash a glass and throw a chair towards a safe area outside the bar. They outnumbered rest of the people in the bar but decided to act all hard outside bar.

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I want to hear both positive and negative viewpoints on this thread in order that I can make up my own mind. The one thing that I think prevails on here is that there are quite a number on here with friends associated with the club that now appear to think that everything is immune to criticism. My personal view is that if we are going to attack everyone who expresses a negative viewpoint we will end up with a delusional view that everything is perfect behind the scenes.

I agree with the general view that we are in a much better place both on the playing field and behind the scenes but let’s allow free expression of views amongst ourselves without having a go at everyone that we don’t agree with….

I have seen this argument being trotted out before and don’t agree with it. The vast majority of the fanbase see us making huge strides forward and are delighted to see it. They will be critical when it is justified eg Poor performance at Bonnyrigg, poor selection at EC. There is an element who only really appear when we lose or when there is an issue where they can have a pop. They rarely post when we win and are looking for every little angle to have a go. They have very short memories or have decided to ignore the past clusterfuck that we gradually became as a club for about 15 years. The reason for that they can only explain.
I have no issues what so ever with people being critical when it is justified but when we are doing well at least seem like you are pleased the club is doing well. 
Only my opinion but I believe there is a small element within the supporter base that would love to see the new fan ownership model and board fail. 

The majority of our squad would be ok stepping up but even our better players won't have the same influence a league above (Morrison perhaps the exception if he stays). 

Guys like Lang, Donaldson, Spencer, Miller, Hendo etc would be good squad level in the championship rather than leading players in a title chasing team.  Hence their last clubs were happy to let them go.  

We did well in the challenge cup games but week in week out in the league is different (as the Fifers are finding out and they walked L1 last year)