The Falkirk FC Thread

Loving all this Falkirk vs Grangemouth patter. Really couldn't care less where the stadium is. I'm a Braes boy myself but my dad stays in Grangemouth so that place is as much my hometown as Falkirk is. In fact, I tend to view them as one and the same.

37 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Read an article earlier that says that clubs now need to hold an sfa bronze level accreditation to play in the top 4 leagues. The highland league clubs are kicking off about it as they think it's an attempt to prevent clubs from the 5th tiers getting up. However, I noticed that two of the clubs that don't have this accredition currently are covered and Airdrie who along with Edinburgh city, kelty and Peterhead have been given an exemption till the beginning of next season. Would be hilarious if Airdrie got bumped out due to failing to meet this standard.

Airdrie is something fixable in the first team category. Fairly sure it's personnel related due to not having a qualification in the category. If the option was employ someone or lose upwards of £300,000 the choice is easy. Peterhead and Kelty are likewise falling down in that first team category.

Edinburgh have the issue of the stadium. That'll not be fixed any time soon.

I quite like the idea of having the bronze license as a requisite because it means teams who invest in playing staff to the detriment of everything else and don't have the necessary infrastructure will never be allowed to push out the teams that are maintaining their standards.

Edited by LeodhasXD

27 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Airdrie is something fixable in the first team category. Fairly sure it's personnel related due to not having a qualification in the category. If the option was employ someone or lose upwards of £300,000 the choice is easy. Peterhead and Kelty are likewise falling down in that first team category.

I quite like the idea of having the bronze license as a requisite because it means teams who invest in playing staff to the detriment of everything else and don't have the necessary infrastructure will never be allowed to push out the teams that are maintaining their standards.

I agree with this. We all know what happens when clubs artificially bankroll their way into climbing the leagues. They fall flat on their face when the cash disappears with no real fanbase or infrastructure to fall back on and that just does a disservice to the whole league not just the team it happens to. This seems a sensible precaution for teams who are in the leagues to do so sustainably. 

51 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

See I don't know how to interpret that article, Is Mccann saying he's waiting until the season's done before deciding what he wants or is he saying I'm not bothered I haven't been given an extension as we have a title to win?

Would love him to get an extension but I've got the feeling McGlynn will be looking for a taller replacement.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

See I don't know how to interpret that article, Is Mccann saying he's waiting until the season's done before deciding what he wants or is he saying I'm not bothered I haven't been given an extension as we have a title to win?

Would love him to get an extension but I've got the feeling McGlynn will be looking for a taller replacement.

I cannot envisage a situation where Mcglynn does not offer McCann an extension, we will struggle to replace him with better IMO. Another left back to push him/replace him is definitely required but he is a player we should be keeping. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

43 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Seems pretty obvious to me. He says he wants to stay but he's putting thoughts of a new contract to the back of his mind at the moment because he wants to concentrate on winning the league in the meantime. 

With contracts already handed out, McCanns situation like another half dozen, may depend on how shroud/clever McGlynn is already sounding/speaking to other players that he wants to bring in. Should we get top spot, expecting to see a few players released that may surprise a few. For me I like McCann, but as said if we go up it’s another level for the players. 

4 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Coming from of a fan of a club that is a shithouse oh the irony 

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Seems pretty obvious to me. He says he wants to stay but he's putting thoughts of a new contract to the back of his mind at the moment because he wants to concentrate on winning the league in the meantime. 

Or he just wants more money. I know where my cash is 

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Knocked down with building getting done at the moment

Yes my brother and I drove there a month ago and it was all gone.  Felt old

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

48 minutes ago, BPM said:

Coming from of a fan of a club that is a shithouse oh the irony 

Fan of a club that's running at a sustainable level at the required standard. Might even be accused of punching above its weight sometimes.