The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Oh, Rennie would be on here. Not commenting, not contributing, but every single one of my comments would be red-dotted, along with Bigbr's. It's so Petty I'm actually amused by it at this point. What have I even done? My posts are generally of a positive nature and I'm respectful towards contrary opinions. Did I steal Rennie's seat on the KM7 or something? 🤣

Some people are just that petty, however, it’s a win away at Kelty, which is fairly standard. I’m just interested to know if his/her pettiness would stretch to such an extreme hypothetical situation that surely giving a red dot would be overlooked.

3 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Some people are just that petty, however, it’s a win away at Kelty, which is fairly standard. I’m just interested to know if his/her pettiness would stretch to such an extreme hypothetical situation that surely giving a red dot would be overlooked.

Well, we'll find out soon enough when the undefeated Bairns are crowned champions in a few weeks. I'll be on here, giving it the big licks I'm sure.

30 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

I think it's because their plight feels all so familiar. Shared experience and all that. Not our problem though, obviously.

Shared nothing. We've put up with years and years and years of obsessed opposition diddies stinking up this thread, crawling over it and revelling in every single defeat and f**k-up, far, far in excess of any other club in Scotland. They're conspicuous by their absence this season though, eh? No doubt they'll come running back the minute we finally we lose a game of football.

Hamilton have more than shown their colours this season - plenty of mouth and talk in the early part of the season, then "Gerry" and his ludicrous mind games and even now a few of the uber-fantasists in their ever-dwindling support refusing to accept that we've absolutely steamrollered them. Small-minded, tinpot wee outfit. F**k them.

Don’t think there’ll ever be a time like this ever again in my lifetime tbh.

Going to every game and ground strutting about knowing we’re league winners - it’s fucking February. I might hit grandfather status 40 years from now and I’ll be telling whoever wants to hear about how we strolled into the next 11 games singing songs of championees. Just don’t see it happening again. Cove, Stirling, QOS, Montrose, Hamilton, Annan - good luck with these away ends. It’s going to be a party every single minute 

48 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

I think it's because their plight feels all so familiar. Shared experience and all that. Not our problem though, obviously.

f**k them, we had 3 1/2seasons of it. 

8 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Shared nothing. We've put up with years and years and years of obsessed opposition diddies stinking up this thread, crawling over it and revelling in every single defeat and f**k-up, far, far in excess of any other club in Scotland. They're conspicuous by their absence this season though, eh? No doubt they'll come running back the minute we finally we lose a game of football.

Hamilton have more than shown their colours this season - plenty of mouth and talk in the early part of the season, then "Gerry" and his ludicrous mind games and even now a few of the uber-fantasists in their ever-dwindling support refusing to accept that we've absolutely steamrollered them. Small-minded, tinpot wee outfit. F**k them.

Fair point. When we got put out the cup off Bonnyrigg, the digs started again from colleagues at work etc but I honestly wasn't even that bothered. Cup runs are nice and all, but it really just papers over the cracks of being in this gash league. I'll take us romping to the title over a cup run any day of the week.

6 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Great post. Easiest thing in the world just to not post anything on here when things are going well. Not that I would expect these diddies to say well done but such was their continuous investment in our plight, surely an acknowledgement of some sort wouldn’t go amiss. I mean, they were invested.

9 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Not as big a buzz as getting a greenie from @Rennieballthough I bet.

At that point, I'll know we've truly accomplished something. I might even shed a tear or two. After all, what's a league title, compared to the acknowledgement of some random roaster on a forum? 🤣

10 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Great post. Easiest thing in the world just to not post anything on here when things are going well. Not that I would expect these diddies to say well done but such was their continuous investment in our plight, surely an acknowledgement of some sort wouldn’t go amiss. I mean, they were invested.

It greatly pained me last year but when the scum won the league i went on to their site and congratulated them. Same with Airdrie in the playoff to get promoted. I dont see many of their fans on here congratulating . Feck um!

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

It greatly pained me last year but when the scum won the league i went on to their site and congratulated them. Same with Airdrie in the playoff to get promoted. I dont see many of their fans on here congratulating . Feck um!

I would love @virginton to surface,  just to check-in even for a cursory hello.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

Ive said I feel for Hamilton fans in terms of obvious shysters controlling their club. I don't like to see that. 

But when the title I secured, I will 100% be swaggering about lording it over everyone tbh. 

We have been fucking imperious all season, and as has correctly been pointed out by AGPar, the wildly disproportionate vitriol we face on here at time has been conspicuous by its absence this season. 

The lows have been fucking low in the last wee while, but despite the horrors of Airdrie away, in the last year we have been to Hampden, romped to a 17 point lead, taken control of our club and watched some of the best football in years. 

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

For the mathematicians who are alcohol free, what game can we officially get the trophy 

Montrose away on 30/03, if we and Hamilton both win all our games. Not gonna happen though as they'll defo drop more points. I'd be expecting Edinburgh at home on 23/03 personally.

PS - I'm very much not alcohol-free, but gave it a shot anyway.

Edited by Raybowski89

Hogarth was excellent first half, then had nothing to do in the second. For me, Tait was my man of the match. An absolute joy to watch and never wasted a pass. I’d be getting him sorted for next season. You can tell he’s top class, he’s showed it any time he’s been on the pitch for us.
Definitely  should have won by more than a goal yesterday but we done enough. 

Calvin Miller seems to have a wee training ground party piece going on. That's twice he has picked up a ball from a corner, turned away from goals and the defence then turned and sent in a beauty. he scored himself against the Binos then his pass lead to Clubber's goal against Kelty yesterday. Keep it up, Calvin.