The Falkirk FC Thread

Earliest this can be done is at Forthbank on the 9th. Would require an Accies collapse; losing at Stirling & Kelty (possible), then at home to Edinburgh (unlikely). That would leave them maxing out on 72 & 3 straight wins would put Falkirk on 74.

Still looks more likely to be Dumfries or at Home to EC.

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

Exactly my thoughts. What some fandans posted on P&B four years ago is the furthest thing from my mind right now.

That's more or less how I feel. We were the laughing stock at one point but not any longer. Couldn't care less that folk said then or now.

It's looking good. Unbeaten in the league, 17 points ahead, 15 goals lost, 11 games to go but we ain't over the line.

Would take a collapse that would put the support on therapy for years for us not to go up.

But as the old Falkirk Motto through bitter experience says 'Expect the unexpected, follow the Falkirk Bairns'

So lets get championship won by staying lean and mean.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It's looking good. Unbeaten in the league, 17 points ahead, 15 goals lost, 11 games to go but we ain't over the line.

Would take a collapse that would put the support on therapy for years for us not to go up.

But as the old Falkirk Motto through bitter experience says 'Expect the unexpected, follow the Falkirk Bairns'

So lets get championship won by staying lean and mean.

Is that a prophecy 😎

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Think IF we beat Annan on Saturday we have a more than 50/50 chance of winning this league. 1/250 on Bet 365. Time to stick a pound on i think?

I've betted once in my life and that was around 1979. Lets see if I understand.  Does that mean you bet £1 and if you win you get £1.004 back?

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I've betted once in my life and that was around 1979. Lets see if I understand.  Does that mean you bet £1 and if you win you get £1.004 back?

Yes

Great time to get the remaining home games sold out. The commercial team by all accounts bursting all revenues, let’s get a huge push on all socials, and get friends and family members down to the TFS. Lots of stats being thrown about today, never thought we’d equal/beat JJ & BB record, which was one of the best ever season’s being a supporter. Clydebank, if I remember with 7K fans ( thought there was more) was simply brilliant. Many fans no doubt to young to remember, enjoy the run in guys, these times don't come  along too often. 

14 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Anybody else feeling stupid for thinking that John McGlynn was not the man to take this club forward?

Managers simply don't get given enough time in the modern era. Alex Ferguson nearly got Man United relegated in his first year there!

Airdrie was an absolute, unmitigated disaster. So was the cup semi, but there was a really dodgy decision that contributed to that particular result.

McGlynn has turned things around in a way I doubt many would have seen coming. With hindsight, I think it was ridiculous to even want him out the door in the first place. He took over a team that finished SIXTH the season prior. He improved the team considerably, he just didn't have the right players. Summer 2023 will surely go down as one of our best transfer windows of all-time as virtually everyone brought in has been fantastic.

He's the reason.....

28 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Anybody else feeling stupid for thinking that John McGlynn was not the man to take this club forward?

No because a lot of people were hurting after the Airdrie result and just wanted to lash out. Hence all the vitriol over the summer. 

But when you looked back at last season there were a lot of positives. Improved performances, better league position, vastly improved recruitment and some really enjoyable games. It's undeniable that McGlynn improved us last season. 

The calls to bin him because he hadn't improved us ENOUGH were just mental. 

6 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Airdrie was an absolute, unmitigated disaster. So was the cup semi, but there was a really dodgy decision that contributed to that particular result.

We’ve had heartbreaking times, three SC cup finals that still to this day for me didn't deserve to lose, but that’s football. 
Airdrie was as difficult I’ve known, an absolutely abhorrent/capitulation display from players wearing the NB. Manager that watched and never changed the format when it was evident after the second goal we needed to change. 
Called for his head at the time.

Cant say anything apart from well done to assembling the best equipped squad we’ve had in six or so years.