The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

Well the land has been cleared for it. Walked past it last week heading to/from the Montrose game!

I can only take it the “Blast Zone” issue has vanished?🙄🤷‍♂️🤨

Was only ever an issue when the BP wanted to build a chemical training centre or some such. Subject to planning permission, the club can build anything we want at the stadium footprint I believe. 

8 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Was only ever an issue when the BP wanted to build a chemical training centre or some such. Subject to planning permission, the club can build anything we want at the stadium footprint I believe. 

Was only ever an issue when the local Labour Party wanted it to be. It was FVC that had planned to integrate a training facility into the Eaat Stand. The ‘Blast Zone’ was a area defined via any major incident that might occur from the Earls Road area (ICI). They got a lot of mileage from the press with that one, & the opportunity vanished.

I just hate to think of the damage to the Great Crested Newt population, that the current Grangemouth Road works is affecting?🙄🤦🏻‍♂️

19 minutes ago, StuartA said:

That looks like where the car park or access to the car park will be for a future east stand. 

Surely the priority has got to be a facility which will benefit the club and community here and now rather than a hypothetical car park for a hypothetical project that there is no guarantee will ever happen?

For me the community pitch and this new facility will be much more valuable in any event than a stand that would only ever be full when the ugly sisters come to town.

3 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

Geez, I miss the big man, still coming to terms with him not being involved in things.☹️

On a different note, I`m surprised Watneys Red Barrel didn`t put you off beer for life.😱

Aye, me too mate. :(

The Watneys was awful and may well have put me off beer, if I hadn't discovered lager!

Just now, PedroMoutinho said:

Surely the priority has got to be a facility which will benefit the club and community here and now rather than a hypothetical car park for a hypothetical project that there is no guarantee will ever happen?

For me the community pitch and this new facility will be much more valuable in any event than a stand that would only ever be full when the ugly sisters come to town.

For me the problem with the development is not the positioning but the disconnect by the Foundation from the club itself.

25 minutes ago, StuartA said:

That looks like where the car park or access to the car park will be for a future east stand. 

The 'masterplan' shows a ring road going right round the community pitch to the north stand, so plenty of space for parking on the other side of that.

Assume it's just a bit of site prep/ investigation work as whatever is being proposed doesnt have planning permission yet 

10 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Yeah fair point in the short-term (though not clear how it benefits the club - I’m sure we’ll hear more) though it all has to be considered in the round.  It’s a big commitment for everyone involved, including the local taxpayer. 

39 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

For me the problem with the development is not the positioning but the disconnect by the Foundation from the club itself.

Precisely, any development should be a joint venture considering ways of maximising benefits to all parties including the club itself. At the very least there needs to be consultation. In an ideal world any construction should sensibly be incorporating a 4th stand where the club already have outline planning permission to build.  

Edited by LatapyBairn.

6 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

It’s on club land so you have to assume the club are happy with whatever gets built. 

How far does the land the club have extend? I wasn’t actually sure where the boundary was. Thought it might just have been in line with where the hypothetical 4th stand would sit and no further? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

3 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

How far does the land the club have extend? I wasn’t actually sure where the boundary was. Thought it might just have been in line with where the hypothetical 4th stand would sit and no further? 

I’m not too sure tbh I just remember hearing a comment that the community pitch was on our land previously. 

45 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

In an ideal world any construction should sensibly be incorporating a 4th stand where the club already have outline planning permission to build.  

In an ideal world we would not be in our fourteenth season outside the top flight.

I would suggest a fourth stand is the least of our concerns at the moment.

1 hour ago, StuartA said:

Yeah fair point in the short-term (though not clear how it benefits the club - I’m sure we’ll hear more) though it all has to be considered in the round.  It’s a big commitment for everyone involved, including the local taxpayer. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if the plans to gradually reinstate the academy involve some use of the community pitch and the new facility. Particularly given we no longer have the Stirling Uni facilities and I doubt there is an appetite to hire extensive facilities elsewhere.