The Falkirk FC Thread

I’m not sure what people aren’t getting. Lincoln clearly weren’t happy that Long wasn’t getting game time and threatened to recall him. McGlynn obviously didn’t want to use any of the January budget on a goalie (or hinder the progress of a young player by recalling him from a loan to sit him on the bench) so agreed to give him more game time. It matters not a joy.

Holy f**k this is hard work

5 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I’m not sure what people aren’t getting. Lincoln clearly weren’t happy that Long wasn’t getting game time and threatened to recall him. McGlynn obviously didn’t want to use any of the January budget on a goalie (or hinder the progress of a young player by recalling him from a loan to sit him on the bench) so agreed to give him more game time. It matters not a joy.

Holy f**k this is hard work

It does matter when it costs you a decent cup run and the money that entails and points in the league that could easily have been avoided. Are we getting long for free then as surely otherwise you would simply use his wages to get another keeper in as a backup and that would have zero effect on the January budget.

Edited by Shodwall cat

7 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I was wondering also if McGinn's appearance was to ensure that he qualifies for a medal? Don't know how many appearances are needed for that though? He can only have made three or four so far.

25% I believe, so 9. He'd made four substitute appearances prior to starting yesterday. I'd really like to think sentiment played no part whatsoever in his selection. Until or unless the league is won, there is simply no way he should be starting games, irrespective of the opposition.

9 minutes ago, AGPar said:

25% I believe, so 9. He'd made four substitute appearances prior to starting yesterday. I'd really like to think sentiment played no part whatsoever in his selection. Until or unless the league is won, there is simply no way he should be starting games, irrespective of the opposition.

We can buy more medals if we so wish. 

36 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Didn’t think he was at all bad yesterday, certainly not the player he was right enough.

Good pass for Morrison’s goal.

This is like listening to Rangers or Celtic fans at work on a Monday morning, ridiculously reactive and one of their managers needs to get sacked every week.

Are we forgetting Hogarth made the same mistake at Hamilton, or Lang shouting at him as he couldn't hold a simple shot.

These guys are young and the worst thing you can do is knock their confidence.

5 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

This is like listening to Rangers or Celtic fans at work on a Monday morning, ridiculously reactive and one of their managers needs to get sacked every week.

Are we forgetting Hogarth made the same mistake at Hamilton, or Lang shouting at him as he couldn't hold a simple shot.

These guys are young and the worst thing you can do is knock their confidence.

It's not really like that at all, though. Where are people being ridiculously reactive? This is similar to the folk claiming 'heads gone' last night, when people are just making a calm observation that rotating goalkeepers on a monthly basis is a really stupid idea. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

2 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

So that means we should accept a home draw against Annan because they managed to beat Hamilton, especially with our form this season? 

What I am saying is let’s have some perspective on things. We are 14 pts clear (15 including our GD) with a chance to stretch that on Tuesday. Yesterday was disappointing but we didn’t lose and we would all have taken this situation in a heartbeat back in August. You are not normally one of the knicker wetters

8 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

It's not really like that at all, though. Where are people being ridiculously reactive? This is similar to the folk claiming 'heads gone' last night, when people are just making a calm observation that rotating goalkeepers on a monthly basis is a really stupid idea. 

We have been rotating all season it has been that stupid an idea we have not lost a game in the league all season 

Edited by BPM

Does anyone remember experienced keeper Alan Ferguson let the ball go right through his legs in front of the south stand? Think it was against Hibs in the Scottish Cup. The worst error i have ever seen

Edited by Bigbrbairn

Not getting we’ve been rotating all season, the team has picked itself apart from the GKs. Long was injured and Hogarth got the slot. I’m fcked off that Hogarth played his best 90 at Kelty, only to be benched. As said no over reaction just at this critical stage, however we have our manager giving more than a mixed message.

Edited by Springfield

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Not getting we’ve been rotating all season, the team has picked itself apart from the GKs. Long was injured and Hogarth got the slot. I’m fcked off that Hogarth played his best 90 at Kelty, only to be benched. As said no over reaction just at this critical stage we have our manager giving more than a mixed message.

If Lincoln want him hand him back and use Hayward from the bench

40 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I'm in the same camp of not wanting keepers rotated, I don't think its good for them at all.

If Lang hadn't made that error nobody would have been on here complaining about the change of keeper.