The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Disco Duck said:

Nesbitt will not and should not be dropped. 

I always feel that even when nesbitt isn't having his best game he's still always involved buzzing about trying to make things happen. He's better defensively than agyeman or Oliver too.  Tuesday should be the go to outfield 10 for me.

5 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Exceptional? Honestly feel like I’m watching a different player from some people. Lots of effort with fairly little cutting edge so far. He’s got 10 games to earn a contract 

Fair enough. I thought he created a lot of chances and at the Kelty game specifically was excellent. 

I like Ross too, I feel like his play is controlled and would like to see him getting more of a run in the team but I don’t think any of the normal 10 outfield players deserve to be dropped. 

I hope if Callumn is okay we revert to the usual 10 on Tuesday night. 

Edited by Harry Kinnear

31 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Exceptional? Honestly feel like I’m watching a different player from some people. Lots of effort with fairly little cutting edge so far. He’s got 10 games to earn a contract 

Agree- very little contribution from him in terms of end product so far.

28 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I always feel that even when nesbitt isn't having his best game he's still always involved buzzing about trying to make things happen. He's better defensively than agyeman or Oliver too.  Tuesday should be the go to outfield 10 for me.

This.  He tracks everything back and is the only real box-to-box midfielder we have.  I appreciate his finishing annoys people but he’s a fundamental part of what’s worked for us this year.  I think we’ll see Agyeman but it will be for Morrison, and Henderson back in for McGinn.

6 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

This.  He tracks everything back and is the only real box-to-box midfielder we have.  I appreciate his finishing annoys people but he’s a fundamental part of what’s worked for us this year.  I think we’ll see Agyeman but it will be for Morrison, and Henderson back in for McGinn.

Looking at the way Morrison hobbled off I’d be amazed if he’s fit to start on Tuesday night.

19 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I see the pars lost over a million quid despite winning the league last season. 

I fear for the poor b*****ds that they are in debt too, they have one chance of seeing that cash.

Final word from me on the goalkeeper situation.

For me the main issue is not which keeper is better, they are both bang average but the fact that our manager thinks that it is a good idea to rotate them the way he has been.

Quite ridiculous and as has  been stated several times more in line with a poor pub team not a professional football club.

Really bad management in my view.

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

I think the sticking point for many is that the MCGlynns been hell bent with “rotating” the players, when we didn’t need to. As soon as the team was announced at 2, everyone in our crowd went the same thought, that the team would be slow through the middle with McGinn back in the pack. Albeit we started off with some great early chances, felt we lost our sharpness and by mid second half, they clearly found width and pace that caused us issues. To hear that we have a controversial set up with Long, for me is simply not acceptable, and McGlynn shouldn’t be reporting to another bloody club. Two average keepers but Hogarth must be livid having his best game in the jersey to be dropped to the bench next game. 

Where did he say he was reporting to another club? My reading is clearly there is no deal but is trying to be “fair” to the players as individuals. I am not convinced it is fair on them the chopping and changing. 

Edited by BPM

8 minutes ago, BPM said:

Where did he say he was reporting to another club? My reading is clearly there is no deal but is trying to be “fair” to the players as individuals. I am not convinced it is fair on them the chipping and changing. 

Being “fair” to individual players should come a long way behind what is best for the team.

U18's got beat 5-4 off of QOS today, were down to 10 men for the last 30 or so minutes after a sending off but you genuinely couldn't tell that was the case.

Super John McGlynn was in attendance too.

3 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Am I right in thinking yesterday's draw guarantees a top five finish?

No. Last week's win at Kelty did that if you'd been paying attention to my musings!

I was at a meeting yesterday, with the scores updating in the corner of my screen. That time from 61' to 90+4' was fucking torture, and I just about screamed in rage when the fuckup came through on screen. Fizzing doesn't do it justice.

Anyway, the idiotic loss of 2 points plus Cove's win in Edinburgh means nothing changed as far as our possible placings go.

If we win on Tuesday night, that will mean we can start planning for the playoffs at a minimum as we will be guaranteed 4th+. Anything else rolls it on into Saturday.

10th ❌

9th ❌

8th ❌

7th ❌

6th ❌

5th ❔

4th ❔

3rd ❔

2nd ❔

1st ❔

26 minutes ago, BPM said:

Where did he say he was reporting to another club? My reading is clearly there is no deal but is trying to be “fair” to the players as individuals. I am not convinced it is fair on them the chipping and changing. 

That’s my reading too and at the risk of pissing people off, I don’t think it’s a big deal. At best a marginal issue especially given our excellent defensive record. 

What I do agree with is that of the very few goals we’ve conceded this season, a fair proportion of them have been defensive or keeper errors. So while I don’t think it deserves the column inches it generates this season, it could be a bigger issue against better teams next. 

36 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Being “fair” to individual players should come a long way behind what is best for the team.

I don’t disagree 

22 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Plenty of room for draws , I agree with you but not a home game v Annan when we have away games to Cove and Dumfries coming up.

Will that be the Annan team that won at Hamilton? 

I'm sorry but no manager of a professional team is going to rotate his goalkeepers a month at a time without something forcing his arm to do it. He's never done it before in his 17 years of management so he's not going to do it now in a season when his managerial job has been on the line just to keep them both happy.  In his interview as I said previously he didn't look overly happy with the whole situation. Clearly Lincoln have threatened to recall him in January unless some sort of guarantee on game time was given and we've agreed for some crazy reason to guarantee Long every other month between the sticks. It's a cut throat business football with little room for sentiment so the idea that mcglynn is giving them a month each out of the goodness of his heart just doesn't add up.

What I don’t really understand is why McGlynn would be that bothered in the first place. Does he rate Long so highly that he was scared of losing him in January? I doubt it. Is he scared of pissing off Lincoln and damaging a relationship/potential future loans? Maybe, but Long played a fair few games in the first half of the season, thus gaining some experience, and I don’t think being honest and saying your goalkeeping plans have changed and amicably ending a loan deal would do any damage. I just don’t really get what’s in it for us? Switching around two young goalkeepers on a monthly basis would be stupid if both of them were ours, nevermind a loanee who won’t be here next year. It won’t cost us this season but it’s a baffling situation nonetheless. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76