The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Grangemouth is the capital of Falkirk, the two-stadium/two-Kelpie port, and 10% of Scotland’s economy. It’s an honour that the Bairns play there now. 

Mon the Gmoof!

4 hours ago, StuartA said:

Grangemouth is the capital of Falkirk, the two-stadium/two-Kelpie port, and 10% of Scotland’s economy. It’s an honour that the Bairns play there now. 

8lhfkr.jpg

Edited by Bairn in Exile

McGovern heading back to Hearts. What's the value in his experience in our squad alongside Hogarth? Or is he at the stage where we could better invest the wages he'd need elsewhere? 

Out of contract at the end of the season at 39 y/o. 

16 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

The only negative of promotion is having to deal with fans of absolute non-entities like Morton and Airdrie. 

Our champions Tweet on Saturday was swarming with Airdrie, Morton and Livi. Have a day off. 

17 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Morton's obsession with Falkirk 👍👍👍

funnily enough I clicked on the 'Most tinpot thing in the SPFL' thread' for the first time in ages yesterday.  Morton fan on there mentioning Falkirk.   So aye guid yin....took a Partick thistle fan to put him in his place too..

14 hours ago, BPM said:

We have all seen well your opinions on players, the manager and new contracts have gone. If I were you I would leave things to the grown ups. 

😂

You noticed that as well, got a lot of IMO's.

It's like Gary Springfield, and he has heard from a good friend who is a fan of one of the other 41 teams.

Romped the league and still going on about 2 year deals, ffs.

12 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Pretty certain that any new stand would be equipped with hospitality and office space to enable us to generate income 7 days a week free of Council money grabbing.

Then a business plan has to be put in place to provide the facility the marketplace needs.

Office space? No, plenty of empty office space already in the vicinity.

Hospitality? Stadium has hospitality already so the council would veto

As for free from Council money grabbing regarding the stadium. That's been talked to death, the council have the club tied up tight. We are stuck in the current facilities till the lease ends.

So unless there is a Leaseholder / Market identified then no 4th stand or build a stand to hold fans and thats it.

The latter is the cheaper option.

But anyway - whatever it is thats seasons away but the club could agree the design, how much it costs, building approval then if the funds become available there is a shovel ready plan is on the shelf.

35 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Then a business plan has to be put in place to provide the facility the marketplace needs.

Office space? No, plenty of empty office space already in the vicinity.

Hospitality? Stadium has hospitality already so the council would veto

As for free from Council money grabbing regarding the stadium. That's been talked to death, the council have the club tied up tight. We are stuck in the current facilities till the lease ends.

So unless there is a Leaseholder / Market identified then no 4th stand or build a stand to hold fans and thats it.

The latter is the cheaper option.

But anyway - whatever it is thats seasons away but the club could agree the design, how much it costs, building approval then if the funds become available there is a shovel ready plan is on the shelf.

Do you have trouble retaining information, seriously?  The club are not tied into anything, we use the council owned areas of the main stand on an add hoc basis(the upper level corporate lounges and catering facilities) because we have no alternative elsewhere in the stadium, we do not “lease” these areas but pay a percentage of what profits there are from club run hospitality on match days,  the club already has outline planning permission (already approved by the big bad council) for a stand with corporate catering facilities on the east side where obviously we could in theory operate independently on corporate hospitality and functions ect, financing it is the issue not the council! There is no council veto and this has been explained to you a million times already on here. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

personally and I know it's a far out idea but I'd  reduce the capacity of the main stand and develop the upper level into more office and hospitality space then a 4th stand may not have 2 ppl in it every week when the club get back to its normal level of support, circa 3500 to 4000 plus away fans. 

It would take about 1300 seats out of the main reducing it to about 3000 so a 4th stand of say 3000 would give us a capacity of 10,000 which is way more than big enough for Falkirk. 

if we get a good away support we could easily split the 4th stand and have 3500 away and 6500 home as the split

9 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

personally and I know it's a far out idea but I'd  reduce the capacity of the main stand and develop the upper level into more office and hospitality space then a 4th stand may not have 2 ppl in it every week when the club get back to its normal level of support, circa 3500 to 4000 plus away fans. 

It would take about 1300 seats out of the main reducing it to about 3000 so a 4th stand of say 3000 would give us a capacity of 10,000 which is way more than big enough for Falkirk. 

if we get a good away support we could easily split the 4th stand and have 3500 away and 6500 home as the split

Why would you think this? There is a frisson about the place at the moment what with the promotion, the exciting brand of football on offer and the welcome addition of the ultras. Personally, if we get off to a good start in the championship, I can't see us having any less than 5,000 home fans each week. 

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Do you have trouble retaining information, seriously?  The club are not tied into anything, we use the council owned areas of the main stand on an add hoc basis(the upper level corporate lounges and catering facilities) because we have no alternative elsewhere in the stadium, we do not “lease” these areas but pay a percentage of what profits there are from club run hospitality on match days,  the club already has outline planning permission (already approved by the big bad council) for a stand with corporate catering facilities on the east side where obviously we could in theory operate independently on corporate hospitality and functions ect, financing it is the issue not the council! There is no council veto and this has been explained to you a million times already on here. 

Club not tied into anything! Good grief man Falkirk are tied to a 99 year lease.

You can't be taken seriously after that - go away

38 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Club not tied into anything! Good grief man Falkirk are tied to a 99 year lease.

The 99 year lease though isnt on the catering and hospitality though. You could ditch that at any point of an alternative was available.

49 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Your wild, do you fancy going for a pint before the game on Saturday, I think it would be epic?

A fourth stand with purpose-built facilities, including a proper bar and restaurant, could generate income 7 days a week. As others have said, I like what Ayr are doing and think their new stand is a fantastic design. Could we do something similar in the future? The ultras could occupy the entire terracing. I'm sure they'd love that and it would also give them plenty of space to grow their numbers.

Just on the ultras - they deserve so much credit. What a difference they've made this season. 

Edited by Raybowski89

1 hour ago, ChrispPancake said:

Of all the terrible ideas I've read on P&B this is certainly up there. It would look absolutely ridiculous 

If nothing else there is quite simply no demand for new office space in the town and there is already a large unused area in the main stand if we did want to expand the hospitality offering, or stick some in the new stand 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

You are either purposely avoiding the obvious or incredibly stupid as I’m certain this was all explained to you previously multiple times on here by various people, the club have a lease on the land which from memory I’m sure was actually for 175 years (it may have been 125) for which the club pays a grand total of £1 per year! We are not tied in to any lease regarding the use of the council owned top two stories of the main stand as we pay the council on an ad hoc basis for using the corporate lounges but are under no obligation to use these facilities should we choose not to. The club own the pitch, the seats, the bulk of the ground story of the main stand and the north stand so obviously use this free of charge. Sandy Alexander has the south stand which he rents back to the club. Now please stop spouting mis information, you are either one of these people who cannot accept when they are wrong or have some sort of strange hate agenda against the council. Either way it’s pretty tiresome now. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

4 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

You are either purposely avoiding the obvious or incredibly stupid, we have a lease on the land which from memory I’m sure was actually for 175 years (it may have been 125) for which the club pays a grand total of £1 per year! We are not tied in to any lease regarding the use of the council owned top two stories of the main stand. As you have been told before we pay the council on an ad hoc basis for using the corporate lounges but are under no obligation to do so should we choose not to. The club own the pitch, the seats and the bulk of the ground story of the main stand therefore obviously use this free of charge. Now please stop spouting mid information, you are either one of these people who cannot accept when they are wrong or have some for of strange hate agenda against the council. Either way it’s pretty tiresome now. 

You should come with us for a pint, it will always be his round as I presume he’ll forget what’s been ordered before!