The Falkirk FC Thread

For POTY it was a difficult choice but went for Morrison due to the number of goals (and important ones as well like the Montrose winner and the goals vs Dundee United) and the fact that he managed 4 in a game. Think this has been his best season with us and I'm looking forward to how he gets on in the championship

7 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

I think the SPFL may have it wrong tbh. Our (podcast) stats man has Morrison on 23 goals & 11 assists, granted that’s across all comps. 

It depends on how you define an assist. I keep my own notes and my definition is the last Falkirk player to touch the ball before the scorer puts it in the net. 

By my reckoning:- 

14 Miller

12 Nesbitt

11 Spencer

8 Morrison, MacIver

6 Agyeman

5 Mackie, Oliver

4 Henderson

3 Yeats

2 McCann, Donaldson, Shanley

1 Lawal, Lang, McGinn, Walker

8 goals had no assists as they were set up by a defender clearing to a Falkirk player.  

Morrison for me. We have been spoiled with his goals these past few seasons but he’s took it to another level this year. I think if Morrison had been a new signing this season he would be winning it hands down.  21 goals in the league for a winger is absolutely insane, and the league isn’t even over yet. 

10 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It depends on how you define an assist. I keep my own notes and my definition is the last Falkirk player to touch the ball before the scorer puts it in the net. 

By my reckoning:- 

14 Miller

12 Nesbitt

11 Spencer

8 Morrison, MacIver

6 Agyeman

5 Mackie, Oliver

4 Henderson

3 Yeats

2 McCann, Donaldson, Shanley

1 Lawal, Lang, McGinn, Walker

8 goals had no assists as they were set up by a defender clearing to a Falkirk player.  

Like this and thanks for sharing @Bainsfordbairn

Out of interest, how do you define the assist on a penalty? Is it the player that won the penalty? Or is it no assist in that case?

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Like this and thanks for sharing @Bainsfordbairn

Out of interest, how do you define the assist on a penalty? Is it the player that won the penalty?

Yes, it's the player that won the penalty. Unless the player fouled is the scorer, as Morrison was at Palmerston a few weeks back. In which case I give it to his teammate that set him up to be fouled, which on that day was MacIver. 

8 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

I'd argue that Morrison doesn't play like a traditional winger at all and is basically a striker that plays out wide, therefore his lack of assists isn't all that surprising.

It’s surprising to me because he does put in some amount of crosses, most of them are either under hit or over hit so it’s definitely his weakness. That’s something he can work on though. 

After much pondering I have plumped for Spencer. Without his midfield prompting and defensive cover the rest couldn’t produce what they did. Having said all that you could easily make a case for 5/6 players 

I’m going against the grain here but I went for McCann, 7/8 out of 10 every week and has had to fight to keep his place in the team and has never let us down. Not a game changer but Mr Dependable.

You could honestly make valid arguments for almost anybody in the starting line-up, it's that tight. I do however think it'll come down to Coll or Callumn in the end though.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

This is the link but it looks as if it is being done under the auspices of FSS so don't know if it is restricted to FSS members.

I thought it was only for FSS member not general public, hence the reason it was emailed. Making it public can have any old person vote including fans of other teams in a bid to sabotage it

I take down your post imo if it does allow anyone. 

Edited by Believe The Hype

2 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I thought it was only for FSS member not general public, hence the reason it was emailed. Making it public can have any old person vote including fans of other teams in a bid to sabotage it

No harm intended but I've deleted my post. Maybe delete your post too as it is still showing the link?

Edited by Bairn in Exile

I went for Tam. I don't think his influence in defence can be underestimated. Coll has been brilliant next to him too. Morrison, Spencer, McCann and Hendo very close behind.