The Falkirk FC Thread

21 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

I get where John is coming from RE the constant asking for funds by the club. I don't have any issue with it, but a bit more transparency on how much of a difference it's making (the club mentioned Tait was only possible due to this. More of this please) would be really appreciated.

John is wrong 🤪😂

This is just part of the transition into fan ownership. If you buy into the idea, are willing and (most importantly) able to pay more, then there’s a range of options. If it rankles to be asked to contribute more, then the immediate following thought has to be “I won’t” which everyone has the freedom to do without any come back. I’ve heard it argued that some feel under appreciated if they don’t contribute beyond tickets, strips etc but I don’t buy that as paying more is discretionary and anonymous. 

There’s of course a legitimate debate around how the funds are raised, but a) we elect our own directors to come up with these ideas and b) the doors are always open to volunteers to help devise and deliver new ideas. 

Bottom line is that it’s our club now so up to us how we fund it. 

Edited by StuartA

42 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Our season ticket prices are very cheap by comparison so a voluntary donation over and above the base line price is a good option IMO, those who can’t don’t have to but those who can have a way they can directly help improve the calibre of player John Mcglynn will be able to sign over the summer.  If fans own the club then fans fund the club, we are only going to get as good as we pay for and the money that’s supplemented the playing budget has quite obviously been spent wisely so far. More of the same please. 

31 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

I’ve never been more than happy to fork out the cash since our majority take over 

29 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

John is wrong 🤪😂

9 minutes ago, StuartA said:

This is just part of the transition into fan ownership. If you buy into the idea, are willing and (most importantly) able to pay more, then there’s a range of options. If it rankles to be asked to contribute more, then the immediate following thought has to be “I won’t” which everyone has the freedom to do without any come back. I’ve heard it argued that some feel under appreciated if they don’t contribute beyond tickets, strips etc but I don’t buy that as paying more is discretionary and anonymous. 

There’s of course a legitimate argument around how the funds are raised, but a) we elect our own directors to come up with these ideas and b) the doors are always open to volunteers to help devise and deliver new ideas. 

Bottom line is that it’s our club now so up to us how we fund it. 

I have absolutely no issues with the current model, and I certainly don't feel pressured in any way to contribute more than I already am. I've spent a small fortune following Falkirk this season and I spend a lot on merch almost every month too. I'm not currently on the FSS but fully intend to join in the close season, not out of pressure but because I want to.

Fan ownership is the way forward and I'd rather dip into my pocket every now and then than have a Mr Moneybags scenario where the future of the club is at risk the second Mr Moneybags gets bored. Whilst I do see where John is coming from, he's an old man shouting at a cloud in this scenario 🤣

Edited by Raybowski89

It's absolutely up to each individual person whether they want to contribute a bit more to buying a season ticket. Personally I plan to buy a season ticket for myself and my son next season for the first time as if nothing else it will save me more than paying at the gate. I've been to every home league game this season bar the 3-2 Montrose game and its cost me £340, would have saved myself £98 had I bought a season ticket. 

Can't say I know a lot about McKenna but it seems like it would be a weird move to bring in a 33 year old part timer as he comes to the end of his career. 

Unless Arbroath are full time and I just don't know that.

12 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Apparently we've signed Michael McKenna from Arbroath.

He is 33 now but still very happy with this if true

Said on the Arbroath thread a few weeks ago that would be a very strange move for him to make at 33.

Pretty sure he'll have his pick of the PT clubs instead.

5 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

342 tickets left for the North Stand now, around 6,600 in total sold 

Obviously we've already surpassed our highest home gate, but not many total attendances left to top now since we moved to the new stadium:

7,926 vs Dundee Utd 16/17
7,851 vs Hibs 15/16
7,804 vs Sevco 15/16
7,735 vs Hearts 14/15

7,672 vs Hibs 14/15
7,636 vs Kilmarnock 15/16
7,492 vs Sevco 14/15
7,488 vs Sevco 15/16

7,279 vs Dunfermline 22/23
7,081 vs Hibs 15/16
7,049 vs Kilmarnock 09/10
7,003 vs Hearts 14/15
6,947 vs Dunfermline 10/11
6,927 vs Sevco 14/15

Should be able to get by a few more of these I reckon. I've highlighted the games in red where the opposition were given the increased 3,400 allocation 

For reference we had 7,300 for the last ever game at Brockville and trophy day vs Inverness in 02/03, though I believe that was sold out.

Screenshot2024-04-15at10_18_52.thumb.png.5f04f9e8484683fd55837d2a0d0b33a8.png

Good post. Thanks for the effort. Interesting that all teams listed are "big" teams you might expect to see on that list. To add Alloa, while in the 3rd tier is something else. The total sold above doesn't include the Alloa tickets sold either.

Edit to add - we only have 295 tickets left to sell in the North Stand now. Still selling very well.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Apparently we've signed Michael McKenna from Arbroath.

He is 33 now but still very happy with this if true

Not so sure he's what we need now unless the plan is to replace another ageing midfielder in McGinn with him. 

McKenna was excellent the season Arbroath got close at the top of the league when Killie won it. 

But then for context, so was McGinn. Can age fast at that point of the career. But the squad is going to meed an old head or two. Always a fan of getting the last Indian summer out of the older boys. Sometimes it works out fantastically.well

With the expected departures in the summer Coll Donaldson will be our oldest player in the squad and he's only just turned 29.

Plenty of leaders in the team though and the youth for me has been a massive factor in our relentlessness this season. We quite literally run teams off the park.