The Falkirk FC Thread

33 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Only 277 tickets left for the Alloa game now

Still selling very well at almost 100 a day

The club are going to have to get a bit more creative with the segregation so we can have 5 sections of home support like vs Ross County and QotS in 2005 

Screenshot2024-04-16at12_10_28.thumb.png.928c2199b14ad29f5717478e5dba108e.png

So what’s the total amount sold now ? Thanks 

22 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So what’s the total amount sold now ? Thanks 

Home sales

KM7 Stand 1,857 (sold out)

Main Stand 4,075 (sold out)

North Stand 720

Total 6,652

Alloa brought 111 fpr the game in October so imagine they will have 1-200 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

3 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

I mind when mcglynn came in the McKenna rumour kicked off due to a tweet from Greig Spence.

IMG_6248.thumb.jpeg.e807043f491d6166fbab4df70a272dcb.jpeg

Players talk so it's possible there was something in it at the time and fell through for whatever reason. I'm guessing terms of contract which might have been the same case with the Marc McNulty rumour earlier in the season when he said on open goal he was meant to sign for us but it didn't happen. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

MCGlynns signings have been fantastic and that’s why we’re champions and still unbeaten. If it’s true about McKenna and he’s a target so be it. I just think at 33 he may be a risk, but it’s all about opinions.
For me looking at the amount of players that are going to be either released or out of contract, I’m sure McGlynn will find some gems - as in his words he’s after a few players that are quality. After his signings so far (apart from a couple) I’ve no concerns he will be successful.

I've missed that. When did he say that and was there any indication of possible names?

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I've missed that. When did he say that and was there any indication of possible names?

No names or positions I believe it was on the Falkirk FC podcast. He said we had 14/15 already signed up, 2/3 of the current squad who we're still in talks with and then that'll leave room for 2/3 signings. 

The only real position he mentioned was that they'd look at loaning in a young keeper again to fight for the number 1 spot with Nicky as that's better for the budget.

McGlynns record isn't some utterly flawless anomaly btw. Even if McKenna did sign and it didn't work, no manager nails all of his deals at any level of the game, so let's not delude ourselves into thinking there isn't discussion to be had on the merits or not of any signing. 

Where McGlynn has excelled this season in particular, is where surgical precision, rather than a raft of bodies was needed. And for next season, thays where we are aswell. So in that regard, we are definitely aswell placed as we can be to land well from our summer business. 

It’s a pity that both Ross and Tait will probably be out of reach, as these guys are class. With Miller Morrison ripping the outsides, and the thought of Alfie and Ross coming on, we’ve got real pace and skill upfront. 
Ross will want a starting slot, and with Miller bringing real class, it’s difficult to see if Ross would be happy as a squad player. Tait with Spencer and Nesbitt bring a formidable centre three and allows width either short or long. Let’s see what McGlynn can magic…

53 minutes ago, Springfield said:

It’s a pity that both Ross and Tait will probably be out of reach, as these guys are class. With Miller Morrison ripping the outsides, and the thought of Alfie and Ross coming on, we’ve got real pace and skill upfront. 
Ross will want a starting slot, and with Miller bringing real class, it’s difficult to see if Ross would be happy as a squad player. Tait with Spencer and Nesbitt bring a formidable centre three and allows width either short or long. Let’s see what McGlynn can magic…

How do you know they will be out of reach? 

3 hours ago, grumpyoldman said:

About the same weight as your opinion holds with me then

Yip, I don’t see it happening TBH anyway. 

Edited by BPM

24 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Competition that can offer more lucrative salaries.

But Tait would be on loan, surely Hibs pay his salary and we contribute a percentage? Also not sure who is going to offer Ross any more than us, considering he’s obviously not wanted by Raith and he’s been used mostly as a squad player for us this season. Have you heard a club higher up the food chain as being quoted with an interest? I’d a have thought we would have a decent chance at getting both if we wanted them. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

13 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

But Tait would be on loan, surely Hibs pay his salary and we contribute a percentage? Also not sure who is going to offer Ross any more than us, considering he’s obviously not wanted by Raith and he’s been used mostly as a squad player for us this season. Have you heard a club higher up the food chain as being quoted with an interest? I’d a have thought we would have a decent chance at getting both if we wanted them. 

Sincerely hope we can sign them, gut feeling is that wages may be an issue. Hope I’m wrong 

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Just cant see a 33 year old man who has been part time for 9 years giving up a job for a contract that makes him lose a job and will have 3 or 4 years at best

He's got his own business apparently, and topped up by whatever wages Arbroath were paying him. He's probably not short of a few quid. 

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Sincerely hope we can sign them, gut feeling is that wages may be an issue. Hope I’m wrong 

Ross is out of contract, he’ll have no wages at all in less than two months time and Tait is a loan player. I don’t think any of them are particularly far fetched signings. 

56 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Just cant see a 33 year old man who has been part time for 9 years giving up a job for a contract that makes him lose a job and will have 3 or 4 years at best

A tweet has grown arms and legs about Mckenna.

Thankfully the nonsense from attention seekers claiming imaginary conversations in supermarkets with club insiders in the know is a thing of the past and potential signings rightly are kept private.

McGlynn will have a list drawn up already of 1st choices and options of who he wants and most likely already sounded out a few. It's encouraging that for the first time in years Falkirk are seen as a club the budding Will Vaulks of this generation will see as the team to rebuild their careers. Would not be surprised a gem being signed nobody has heard of. Now what a nice problem that would be.

Forget the rumours - that's all they are.

Let's wait and see what develops. 

Just now, LatapyBairn. said:

Ross is out of contract, he’ll have no wages at all in less than two months time and Tait is a loan player. I don’t think any of them are particularly far fetched signings. 

Both still have plenty to prove in their careers as well. The potential is clearly there, they now need to knuckle down to fulfill that potential and where better to do that than with a manager you clearly love.

I suspect McGlynn was meaning Yeats, Tait and Ross when he was talking about trying to get 2/3 of the current squad signed up again. Could have also been talking about Mackie or Shanley right enough but I reckon Mackie will move on for more gametime.

45 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Competition that can offer more lucrative salaries.

Half our squad fell into that bracket last summer so I would think cash won’t drive everything 

19 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I think the bigger issue with Ross would be that other clubs could offer him a role as 1st choice