The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Can't believe supporters have actually grassed about non official products. 

Just been reading through the programme from the Alloa game. The Coll Donaldson interview(nothing to do with him) doesn't read well at all. Ridiculous amount of mistakes in it. I'm not sure how the interview was conducted then put on to paper but surely someone must check all this out before print.  Multiple other mistake throughout the rest of it as well. Anyway it's  a souvenir of a good season. 

Wait till you read Leon McCann's article 😅

4 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

One of the biggest things for me next season is how the fans react to defeat. We have been great this season but we have to stick with the team and keep giving them support. It’s inevitable we will lose games next season but hopefully we will all cut the management and players a bit of slack and stay behind them.

I await some missing posters reappearing complaining about keeping the same squad!

They sold gnomes in the Portakabin shop at Brockville.   Maybe your gnome's situation is more akin to that of the Windrush Generation.   If he has all his paperwork, he'll be fine.   I think.

6 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Is this a huge issue? Is someone on Ebay raking it in by selling thousands of knock off signed Pearse Carroll posters?

Think the club have taken a proportionate approach here. I don’t think anyone (including fans) should be cashing in using the club’s brand and not giving the club any money.

However, there are some products that the club is never going to offer (such as garden gnomes), which I don’t have an issue with others making.

6 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Think the club have taken a proportionate approach here. I don’t think anyone (including fans) should be cashing in using the club’s brand and not giving the club any money.

However, there are some products that the club is never going to offer (such as garden gnomes), which I don’t have an issue with others making.

i agree 100%, anybody with a business background understands the importance of ensuring your brand is safe and keeping chancers at bay with the odd warning shot that you're not going to have the p taken out of you.

One of the biggest things for me next season is how the fans react to defeat. We have been great this season but we have to stick with the team and keep giving them support. It’s inevitable we will lose games next season but hopefully we will all cut the management and players a bit of slack and stay behind them.

This is really important, almost a litmus test. Our fans have stuck by our club to the point that we saved it and now run it. Last season, the place was rocking every week, but we haven’t seen hardship for over a year.

We have this bond with the team now, the likes of which I can never remember. It’s unique. If that holds when things do get tougher, then our players will appreciate it and who knows what might happen. 

24 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Change of topic, I thought the idea of what Ayr were doing with the new stand behind the terracing sounded great.

Just saw a pic of it and to me it looks meh, disappointed from this view.

IMG_4326.jpeg

But how does it work for the people that will be using is. That's how it will be judged, not the ascetics.

Ticks all the boxes.

Completes the stadium

Return of terracing

Small rows of seating (counted 5 rows) therefore more personal and better access for people with mobility issues

Hospitality boxes closer to the playing surface

Cheapest option

If the fans fill it, then we know the concept works and Falkirk can tweak the concept to suit their needs.

Think the Ultras will help stop this happening. We seen this season even if we went a goal down (or 2 at Alloa) they keep making noise. That should be infectious. 

4 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I have reservations now on ‘wow’ signings after Ruben Sammut (Chelsea under 23s?? ‘wow’) and Leigh Griffths. And then, of course, there is the the “Dads Army” signings of 2008 that went against everything beforehand. So, just good, solid signings without a label will do me.

Rightly so with these 'high profile' signings you mentioned, but there have been many that became iconic.

Anyway, whoevers signed it's the anticipation on who is coming that helps get us through the closed season.

Think McGlynn has got it all sorted already on who's coming in.

1 hour ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Change of topic, I thought the idea of what Ayr were doing with the new stand behind the terracing sounded great.

IMG_4326.jpeg

I dunno……..looks excellent to me, wish it was ours to fill that gap.

33 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Think the Ultras will help stop this happening. We seen this season even if we went a goal down (or 2 at Alloa) they keep making noise. That should be infectious. 

Wouldnt be so sure on that Kelty game at the TFS to the start of the season fella in the KM stand when Kelty scored shouted "McGlynn you've got one more game and you should be out on your arse" probably the same guy at the Alloa game when they went 2 nil still calling for McGlynn to go and should be embarrassed.

2 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

IMG_4326.jpeg

Think it looks ok tbh. Will meet their corporate need aswell as adding to their seated capacity a little whilst keeping terracing. 

Will away fans still get access to the terrace along the wing to the left of the fence do we know? 

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Pedro + bigbrbbairn

Blaming Spider-Man GIF

3 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

IMG_4326.jpeg

I think it would look better if the terracing was new too.

42 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I think it would look better if the terracing was new too.

Good spot, never noticed that. But if the existing barriers pass the safety certification and balanced against the costs of removal and replacement. You can understand the club's call to save the cash

Lot of defeatism around here lately. We have a young group of players who are improving before our eyes and who haven't reached their peak yet. The team spirit has by all accounts been genuinely great and they'll now have self-belief ingrained after an invincible season. Even at the arse end there, when we were down to our bare bones with injuries and suspension, they absolutely refused to give up and kept fighting. We've managed to keep most and possibly all of the main squad bar McGinn so we go forward with the same team. I don't want a "wow" signing who might upset the balance of the squad, I certainly don't want a Billy Big Baws type who might f**k up the feel-good vibes in our squad.

This team is special, different from anything I've seen since I started following the club 15 years ago. They haven't achieved everything they're capable of yet.  This is a double promotion side and who the f**k in the Championship can beat them?