The Falkirk FC Thread

43 minutes ago, falkirktheinvincible said:

Looks like he's found his level. He isn't a full-time professional footballer.

For now that is. He is clearly a decent player who was chucked in at the deep end by Sheerin.

8 hours ago, Latapy is god said:

Hopefully it's official club merchandise.  A lot of noise being made on non licensed products on social media.

Let’s not go there please 

26 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The merchandise is on a different level now. Vast range of excellent goods and the on line service has been very good. The tie up with O'Neills looks a winner, just hope we’re making a decent cut. 

I was thinking about this yesterday when I saw some of the new training wear. In the past you had four sets of kit and sometimes only three were available for fans to buy. Home and away strips, then different tracksuit & polos for the players and staff. Sometimes the staff ones were never put on public sale. 

Last season there were nine.  

The players trained in light blue shirts and had dark blue half zip jumpers with a light blue triangle at the top. 

The staff had dark blue tops and half zips, all with light blue piping. 

Then on a matchday the players changed to dark blue hoodies and blue shirts, both with white piping. 

The management changed to grey shirts and half zips on a matchday. 

There were three strips of home, away and heritage, or maybe four if you counted the gold champions ones. 

Plus the prematch tops of dark/light blue triangles.  

I shudder to think how much I've spent on club stuff this season, every time I decide to have a "wee look" at the website I wind up like the gif below.

take-my-money-throz-money.gif

11 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

What year was it we beat Dundee 13-12 on penalties 

I remember we beat Raith at Brockville maybe 88/89? Not sure if that's the game your thinking off??

3 minutes ago, DCBairn said:

I remember we beat Raith at Brockville maybe 88/89? Not sure if that's the game your thinking off??

Christ that is a long shootout 

That is the line up for the Championship almost complete, only Inverness/Hamilton and Raith/Ross County/St Johnstone to be decided. Personally I would take Hamilton and Raith in the Championship as it gives us a decent chance I think. Whoever makes it, it is looking like a cracking line up next season, cannot wait.

17 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Maybe wishful thinking but these days youngsters think having a good fart is worthy of a social media post.

No news is good news.

Also indicates Falkirk doing their business in the right way, keeping it confidential and professional. With the bonus, it put an end to attention seekers having imaginary conversations with directors in supermarkets, which did the board's credibility no good.

43 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Also indicates Falkirk doing their business in the right way, keeping it confidential and professional. With the bonus, it put an end to attention seekers having imaginary conversations with directors in supermarkets, which did the board's credibility no good.

You've already been told that conversation wasn't imaginary, it happened.

Can't see Raith getting by the Premiership side after that grueling extra time last night and the ridiculous play-off format. 

At the other end I would probably rather have Hamilton as the more convenient away day, though Inverness will probably be the weaker opposition next season if they do  stay up. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Can't see Raith getting by the Premiership side after that grueling extra time last night and the ridiculous play-off format. 

At the other end I would probably rather have Hamilton as the more convenient away day, though Inverness will probably be the weaker opposition next season if they do  stay up. 

They do have almost a week tbf the games not till Thursday and both St Johnstone and County have to go hell for leather today. 

Sorry... ETA tomorrow, which is 2 days less rest than Raith so that might provide at least a little bit of balance, despite the fact that I agree with you, format isn't the best. Playoffs should roll like the League 1 ones do, or be 2 up 2 down with only the lower league teams playing off. 

Edited by Bairnardo

45 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

You've already been told that conversation wasn't imaginary, it happened.

Aye right! Nit. Were you a witness? Every couple of week's at the supermarket just happened to bump into an insider that spills the beans. Then what was divulged turned out to be bullshit.

Didn't ring true then and doesn't now.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Think that's Tefal heid Shankland drawn level with #CM7 for league goals now is it? Hopefully doesn't manage another

He’s ahead. He scored during the week, the Fanny. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

That is the line up for the Championship almost complete, only Inverness/Hamilton and Raith/Ross County/St Johnstone to be decided. Personally I would take Hamilton and Raith in the Championship as it gives us a decent chance I think. Whoever makes it, it is looking like a cracking line up next season, cannot wait.

Pretty much what I’m hoping for with Raith and Hamilton to complete the Championship, with all factors considered.

Edited by GunnerBairn