The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

That is only a recent thing though which I applaud, you used to give up both ends of your ground to them.

The teams outwith the arse cheeks in the top flight should, in my opinion fight the case of the lower league clubs more instead of continually kissing the cheeks. It is virtually a closed shop as the money doesn’t trickle down. 

Why would they....you would like to think we'd not spread them every time if it was us but the reality is we would...we have to accept we're on the outside with our noses pressed against the window..the reasons for which are in the past..we have to embrace our reentry into full time football & be happy that incredibly we seem to have grown our support during these lean times...a lot of provincial clubs seem to have re-engaged with the local young uns ... probably due to drums & tifos but whatever the reason it's great to see...changing attitudes in society might mean that over a couple of generations 17th century wars in Ireland & the siege of Derry etc boring fucking etc...will hopefully means much less & there will be less pressure to support the "family team"...bank holiday rant over

20 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The only team doing that is a Championship club now.

That’s probably the least of the issues I listed Tbf as that’s within the gift of the other clubs to change.

Should have mentioned also 2 clubs banned from doing open top bus celebrations because fans of 2 clubs are so bigoted and full of hatred the police won’t allow it.

Thats incredible.

Welcome news about the Scottish sides only & the increase in prize money but to still have the B teams is still poor imho. £1500 facility fee for teams on tv is a p*** take too, yeah that will make up for the lost gate/hospitality income 🤔.

Away clubs don’t need the compensation of £1500 too 😂

9 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

3k season tickets sold already and the SPFL season only finished yesterday.

Superb.

Great effort.  Looking forward to renewing soon along with a Forever Falkirk membership.

20 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Superb.

Fantastic, wonder what kind of numbers the board have budgeted for with regards to the managers playing budget.

22 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Superb.

Any word on how many have took the managers budget option too?

4 minutes ago, tokyo bairn said:

When is the last time we had 3000 st holders, if ever?

We're going to need a bigger boat fourth stand

Record is 3900ish 

20 minutes ago, BPM said:

My calcs 35-40k 

Maybe enough to finance a couple of loanees………from various places youngsters Harry Stone (Hearts, goalkeeper was at QotS) and Luke Graham (Dundee, centre back was at Montrose) have been mentioned (and not by ITK Falkirk insiders).

Lot of talk on the league next season, expectations and who will and won't do what.

More realistic and reasoned judgement will come when the round of signings by all the clubs have been concluded. Needless to say there will be a few surprises good and bad.

I'd love to see us get a better anthem next season. 

We need a you'll never walk alone or sunshine on Leith type fans song. Not saying never use Amarillo but something more emotive that is unique to us and gets the goosebumps going when the fans sing it 

Next season would be a good one to do it. 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I'd love to see us get a better anthem next season. 

We need a you'll never walk alone or sunshine on Leith type fans song. Not saying never use Amarillo but something more emotive that is unique to us and gets the goosebumps going when the fans sing it 

Next season would be a good one to do it. 

I've disagreed with you - I can't argue Amarillo is unique but it's synonymous with us. 

Perhaps phase it out as the goal song in favour of individual player ones as was mooted but you can't beat a full-throated rendition as we did after the Ayr game last year and not find it emotive.

Edited by Blame Me
Revised