The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There's no one rabidly defending them. People are rabidly defending the right to have them assuming they meet the correct standards of footballs governing bodies, and the right to not be dictated to based on opinions of a small and (relatively speaking) rich few, based on nothing but aesthetic preference. If you think you can mount a decent argument from that platform fair play. I don't agree. You can mount a decent argument that grass is preferable. But from there, you then move to something else, which can't IMO be defended by any person with any capacity for critical thought.  

Couldn't have put it better myself.

18 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

but thankfully we don't have a Lego stadium.

brickstand on X: "Paisley 2021 Stadium, St Mirren https://t.co/esiKpU3sFK"  / X

You don't, that's true... but then you don't have a stadium at all. 

Your council has 3/4 of a stadium that it let's you play in.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story eh?! 👍

St mirren is another case of football pissing a large amount of tax payers money down the drain. Given millions to build a brand new stand only to see it knocked down a few years later and no one batted an eyelid. Livingston 250k of rent arrears written off again.Roll on a few years and now we're on the verge of having to tear up a brand new surface backed financially by the sfa and govt and yet noone seems to bother about these sums of money being wasted.

28 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

This is as lazy as it is inaccurate.

Really feeble effort.

Our stadium situation has been living rent free in St Mirren fan's brains for 20 years. We shouldn't be surprised by this vote. 

Anyway, did anyone manage get an Invincibles strip this morning? Sold out online in seconds it seems.  I get they are "limited edition" but surely they could have made a couple hundred more....it would have been easy money.

2 minutes ago, Baggio said:

Our stadium situation has been living rent free in St Mirren fan's brains for 20 years. We shouldn't be surprised by this vote. 

Anyway, did anyone manage get an Invincibles strip this morning? Sold out online in seconds it seems.  I get they are "limited edition" but surely they could have made a couple hundred more....it would have been easy money.

Me!

Thrilled because I missed the Champions one. Had been mashing the F5 button from 9.20 onward.

Wonka-Charlie-Ticket.jpg

Just now, Baggio said:

:lol:

Given we couldn't buy a win at Brockville, ever, and yet you rolled over and let us tickle your bellies at your new place on the regular before you fell into seaside oblivion, I'm not sure that's quite true.

1 minute ago, Rizzo said:

Me!

Thrilled because I missed the Champions one. Had been mashing the F5 button from 9.20 onward.

Wonka-Charlie-Ticket.jpg

Jealous! 

I did what I usually do and got distracted reading something else waiting for 9.30, so probably my own fault! 

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

As the fan of a club that was made to upgrade its stadium to meet spl rules while other teams splurged on expensive players instead, I'd rather the league system was a true meritocracy.

St Mirren upgraded ahead of, and not because of, the rule did they not?

I genuinely don't remember if this is true btw, just some Cap post I seem to remember.

We need to bring back the Stadium Forum :P

Just now, Baggio said:

Jealous! 

I did what I usually do and got distracted reading something else waiting for 9.30, so probably my own fault! 

I was possibly a wee bit OTT. Had an alarm set on on my phone at 8.45 to remind me to take my phone into my room instead of shutting in my locker like I normally do. Set another one going off at 9.15 to remind me to get on the site.

1 minute ago, Ned Nederlander said:

St Mirren upgraded ahead of, and not because of, the rule did they not?

Nope. We had 8000 seats and 6500 standing and removed the standing for 2500 seats 6 months before promotion. It was definitely reactive rather than proactive.

The Caley stand was built in 1993 and that was before the rule but a direct response to the Taylor Report. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

There's no one rabidly defending them. People are rabidly defending the right to have them assuming they meet the correct standards of footballs governing bodies, and the right to not be dictated to based on opinions of a small and (relatively speaking) rich few, based on nothing but aesthetic preference. If you think you can mount a decent argument from that platform fair play. I don't agree. You can mount a decent argument that grass is preferable. But from there, you then move to something else, which can't IMO be defended by any person with any capacity for critical thought.  

Good post and I appreciate the debate.

The fact I've been red dotted twice for saying very clearly that I don't agree with the ban does somewhat underline my point about heads being gone, though 😂

12 minutes ago, Baggio said:

I get that releasing thousands would kind of defeat the point of the limited edition tag, but I do think only having 75 for sale online is crazy. They could have sold out many times over and added additional funds to the playing budget.