The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

If you consider the blue bigots as the aberration they were, there hasn't been, and won't be for a long time, a better league one side than ours last season. 

You never know when a team will catch fire at that level tbf, the QoTS side had a higher points total when Nicky Clark was slapping in hat tricks every second week. 

15 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

You never know when a team will catch fire at that level tbf, the QoTS side had a higher points total when Nicky Clark was slapping in hat tricks every second week. 

It's a good job iv held this opinion and aired it over the last few years so it doesn't look like I'm just saying it now cos it suits, League One IMO has gotten stronger pretty much year on year when we've been down there. The number of whipping boys seemed to decline pretty quickly and there have been some seriously competent teams around. All relative of course, but going invincible in that league won't happen again any time soon, and certainly not unless it's someone with wild money to throw at it that somehow finds themselves down there. 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Raith signing Easton on for another 2 years, good weather for conservatories right enough.

Now, now, people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

Edited by Enigma

4 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

The plan is for organic growth though, not the boom and bust of previous regimes.

The goal is to reach the premiership by the 2026/2027 season.

38 minutes ago, Latapy is god said:

Yep, but the goalposts have shifted. Literally, as we’ll need to remove them to lay some mud. 

57 minutes ago, Latapy is god said:

Yes but if I’m an ambitious player I would think twice about signing for a championship club with no intention of putting in a grass pitch. This ruling seems so unfair and there should be some contribution from the premier league pot towards clubs replacing plastic with grass! 

Posted (edited)

The unfortunate thing now is we will just have to suck it up and re-evaluate how much money we allow for spend on first team players or youth academy so we can fund ripping up our brand new state of the art 300k pitch up and replace it with mud! we’ll also have to arrange a permanent training facility and green keeping staff . It’s shite and will inevitably effect the quality of player we can bring in and the quality of player we could potentially produce but we need to start planning for it as it’s not going to change and as much as there probably should be there won’t be any financial assistance from the powers that be to help fund the transition. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

What 3,700 looks like 

Screenshot2024-06-03at16_37_24.thumb.png.85ba1c0da8d1646bdff5452169596f82.png

A brilliant gesture that so many have paid early doors. Looking like we’ll surpass the record of 3900. Interesting to see what the PATG numbers will be like. Cant wait to see the stadium near full (even close to sell out) with our two fife neighbours, and good numbers following Partick and the wee Gers. The rest not to sure about but don’t expect ICT or QP to bring many.

I disagree with the point about needing a 30 odd goalscorer simply down to the way we play, our front 4 all have goals in them. The system we play, the striker holds the ball up and links the other 3. The only other striker who could do that and add more goals is Brian Graham who we aren’t getting. I think all of our front 4 should be targeting double figures next season. 

26 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I disagree with the point about needing a 30 odd goalscorer simply down to the way we play, our front 4 all have goals in them. The system we play, the striker holds the ball up and links the other 3. The only other striker who could do that and add more goals is Brian Graham who we aren’t getting. I think all of our front 4 should be targeting double figures next season. 

Anyone that can do what MacIver can do and also score twenty goals a season at this level simply is never going to be playing at this level. 

43 minutes ago, Springfield said:

A brilliant gesture that so many have paid early doors. Looking like we’ll surpass the record of 3900. Interesting to see what the PATG numbers will be like. Cant wait to see the stadium near full (even close to sell out) with our two fife neighbours, and good numbers following Partick and the wee Gers. The rest not to sure about but don’t expect ICT or QP to bring many.

ICT won't bring any unless it is a cup game

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Anyone that can do what MacIver can do and also score twenty goals a season at this level simply is never going to be playing at this level. 

Exactly. I sometimes wonder who our fans think is we could possibly sign. MacIver does a great job up top and I’m sure he’d like to add more goals himself but take him away for a 20 goal striker and I could almost guarantee we’d score less as a team

52 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The unfortunate thing now is we will just have to suck it up and re-evaluate how much money we allow for spend on first team players or youth academy so we can fund ripping up our brand new state of the art 300k pitch up and replace it with mud, we’ll also have to arrange a permanent training facility and green keeping staff . It’s shite and will inevitably effect the quality of player we can bring in and the quality of player we could potentially produce but we need to start planning for it as it’s not going to change and as much as there probably should be there won’t be any financial assistance from the powers that be to help fund the transition. 

I agree with most of this, but I'm not ready to suck it up yet.

I think we've lost the battle on artificial surfaces, however I think it just adds more fuel to the fire for a fairer distribution of wealth in the pyramid and we (all lower league clubs) should be pushing this. I'm certainly going to be raising it as project for the FSS to be active with. 

Last season I followed all the other clubs in our League on X. I have done the same this season, except the Scum as I seem to be blocked to get a feel for who others are signing. 
My observations So far. 

Raith - try’s to be funny and relevant but are neither. Think they seem to have a high opinion of themselves. Yellow wall comparison with Dortmund was embarrassing. 

Airdrie - seem to wish happy birthday to anyone who has stopped and had a coffee in the town.

Queens Park - lots of commercial and community guff (seen that all before)

Morton, Partick, Ayr pretty sensible stuff 

Livingston - most active on the transfer front - looks a bit like the Hartley type gang mind you.
Hamilton -he haw as usual 

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

It's a good job iv held this opinion and aired it over the last few years so it doesn't look like I'm just saying it now cos it suits, League One IMO has gotten stronger pretty much year on year when we've been down there. The number of whipping boys seemed to decline pretty quickly and there have been some seriously competent teams around. All relative of course, but going invincible in that league won't happen again any time soon, and certainly not unless it's someone with wild money to throw at it that somehow finds themselves down there. 

Was certainly a load of complete dross in it the season queen's won it. Only other full time side was Ayr who somehow ended up 7th below the likes of brechin and forfar. Stranraer and Albion rovers also in it that season. 

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Was certainly a load of complete dross in it the season queen's won it. Only other full time side was Ayr who somehow ended up 7th below the likes of brechin and forfar. Stranraer and Albion rovers also in it that season. 

We were part time. 

6 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

That podcast with Jamie Swinney is at times interesting but moreso a painful listen. Ewan Cameron is an absolute buffoon.

Why do we entertain this little fud. A Jambo and because he stays local, seems to get the nod.