The Falkirk FC Thread

27 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

If we still had Hartley we would be talking about the 12 gems signed from the bowels  of English football. Those crazy steps into the unknown.

If we still had Hartley we'd have passed through the bowels of Scottish football and been flushed into oblivion. 

10 minutes ago, One off poster said:

If we still had Hartley we'd have passed through the bowels of Scottish football and been flushed into oblivion. 

If you still had Hartley you would never have had to experience the shame and ignominy of the Rat McKinnon period. What fun that was.  As to your main point, shite floats as the saying goes but I’m sure you will bob under again soon. Know you place.

8 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

If you still had Hartley you would never have had to experience the shame and ignominy of the Rat McKinnon period. What fun that was.  As to your main point, shite floats as the saying goes but I’m sure you will bob under again soon. Know you place.

Which after a few years out will allow us to regain our standard dominance over little Morten

3 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Morton fans still dining out on the McKinnon thing 6 years later :lol: Of all the embarrassments to happen to us over the last few years, the McKinnon saga probably lands on the minor end of the spectrum, lads. But don’t worry, we’re back now. I’d ask if you have nothing else to contribute, but given, in our absence, your apex has been the dizzying heights of 5th in the Scottish Championship, I’d wager not. 

This isn't making good reading today about people, in particularly families being split up as the KM stand has been oversold and certain people have been refunded and asked to buy a seat in main stand. Seems strange a stand with a definite amount of seats can be oversold. 

3 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

OK Mbappe calm down. Just reporting what's been happening, nothing made up. 

Who’s confirmed this ? I can’t see anything from the club.

Since Jamie Swinney has came on board, the club and its comms have been excellent, timely and transparent so should we expect something soon ?

16 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

This isn't making good reading today about people, in particularly families being split up as the KM stand has been oversold and certain people have been refunded and asked to buy a seat in main stand. Seems strange a stand with a definite amount of seats can be oversold. 

Where is this story coming from?

Wont call it bullshit but very strong smell of manure coming from it.

A lot of folk talking about it on that Facebook page. Some have posted screenshots of refunds coming through. Also talk of double charging, but people saying they’ve been split up from groups. No idea of the accuracy of it. 

I have seen 3 or 4 posts on the COYB Facebook page from different people with others replying they have had the same happen unfortunately. I think it's possible that there has been a miscalculation on the number that would be available after renewals came through? 

8 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Nah, there's no way Livi will have the biggest playing budget in the league.  Raith surely.

Only thing that's been said on our end is that it's a 'top 4' budget. Probably underselling it a little though.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

I have seen 3 or 4 posts on the COYB Facebook page from different people with others replying they have had the same happen unfortunately. I think it's possible that there has been a miscalculation on the number that would be available after renewals came through? 

Tbh, was in the shop with a week to go and had ST renewals and new ST sales all going through together in a very busy shop. Did cross my mind hoping my family’s seats were OK.

Livi will get 1.2 million plus for coming rock bottom last season that's about double what Raith got and a million quid more than 3rd bottom of the championship. You then add in parachute payments.Even only selling their usual half a dozen season tickets will give livi a big advantage over everyone else.

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Livi will get 1.2 million plus for coming rock bottom last season that's about double what Raith got and a million quid more than 3rd bottom of the championship. You then add in parachute payments.Even only selling their usual half a dozen season tickets will give livi a big advantage over everyone else.

Get over 1m in European solidarity payments as well. Stadium naming rights was a 'six figure' deal for us too.

21 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Only thing that's been said on our end is that it's a 'top 4' budget. Probably underselling it a little though.

If your signing shite like Robbie Muirhead and Reece McAlear you either don’t have a top 4 budget or Martindale is spending it horrendously. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If your signing shite like Robbie Muirhead and Reece McAlear you either don’t have a top 4 budget or Martindale is spending it horrendously. 

Aye does appear to be signing some complete dross.