The Falkirk FC Thread

21 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

I remember it too as it was the first time I had seen us play in anything other than a combination of Navy Blue, red and white. When I picture it I see "Joe McCallan" wearing it so I`m figuring around 77/78?

I visualise Wilson Hoggan in it, so I'm thinking it would be in his 2nd spell with us whenever that was?

17 minutes ago, brokeville said:

If I remember right he did it because of an incompetent referee. I’m sure he ended up in court as well. 

He did, if i mind right the day that Airdrie went into liquidation one of their players done the same thing at Brockville and hit a wee lassie in the face (nothing happened), recall a player getting sent off and I think we won 8- nil (just checked we did)

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Football%3A+BAIRNS+WALKING+ON+AIR%3B+Falkirk+8+Airdrie+0.-a060293162

20 hours ago, 51 Bairn said:

I would love to see a retro version of the late 70’s Bukta shirt as a zip top (like the brockville one from this season), especially with continual bukta logo in the thin tramlines down the sleeves (but it was not part of the zip tops back in the day - see team photo).

Although it’s also from a league winning season,  It’s probably due to it being from the first games I was taken to by my Dad and Gramps 🙏🏻

Team photo from the fantastic, better meddle.org.uk.  I also used an image of the top Lewis shared many moons ago to give a better idea of the long sleeves with bukta logo and thin tramlines 🤤

.19801.jpg

IMG_0109.jpeg

Burrell ? Hay Watson Perry Holt Brown McCallan

? Stevenson ? Thompson Hoggan anybody fill in the blanks

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I visualise Wilson Hoggan in it, so I'm thinking it would be in his 2nd spell with us whenever that was?

He came back from Dundee in 78, so same time frame.👍

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Colin Spence next to Burrell, Dave Watson far left and Billy Johnson in the middle.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Don't think it's Holt, think it's Mike Oliver. 

3 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

I remember it too as it was the first time I had seen us play in anything other than a combination of Navy Blue, red and white. When I picture it I see "Joe McCallan" wearing it so I`m figuring around 77/78?

I would have been 12 then and I always mind a pal of mine got a Purple Hibs Bukta away top as a present even though he was a Falkirk supporter. Bukta had some cracking tops in they days.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Hark now hear, the Falkirk sing the Fifers ran away and we will fight forever more because of big John Hay.

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Talking of old strips there was a good one in the George Miller manager debacle in the mid 70's 

white and blue verticle stripes tops, matt cherry red shorts and White socks. Remembers Johnny Graham (2nd spell) wearing it.

Was not as good second time round. How many have we said that about. Apart from Crunchie!

4 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

He did, if i mind right the day that Airdrie went into liquidation one of their players done the same thing at Brockville and hit a wee lassie in the face (nothing happened), recall a player getting sent off and I think we won 8- nil (just checked we did)

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Football%3A+BAIRNS+WALKING+ON+AIR%3B+Falkirk+8+Airdrie+0.-a060293162

That incident happened a wee bit along from us (could have been me etc). Crunchie McAllister ran over and caught the wee girl before she fell off the advertsing board. Recall the police having to hold back a very angry dad after the player gave a wee wave as an "apology", shat it and ran away.

50 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Watching the Soccer Aid game. The grass/sand doesn’t look clever 

Yeah I thought that too. The areas affected are roughly in the same sections on both sides. They are quite long, could be the areas where the lighting rigs are put. 

But grass is good, artificial bad according to the Premiership clubs 

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Yes! he was done but there were flashes of 'Goal a game Graham' 

Hughes was good on his return

True. But a few hummers Rory Loy for one sadly. Viva Johnny Graham