The Falkirk FC Thread

12 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Tait on loan looks like the only way he's coming back now as Hibs have confirmed he's still under contract.  Gray might want to see if he can kick on pre season so could be later in the window if he does come. 

Sneddon a bit meh as others have said and the Thistle fans reviews suggest he's a bit flappy at crosses which we've had a lot of over the last few years and could do without.  Hogarth has potential and is a good size for a keeper, hopefully he'll improve the more he plays.  

Could do with 1 or 2 mouthwatering signings.  At the moment it's looking very much a mid table season, consolidate and go for it in year 2.  

I think we're still glaringly short of a striker to challenge MacIvor and Tait (and if not Tait then midfield cover for Hendo/Spencer).  Having said that would still like to see what Alfie could offer as a loan striker rather than a late sub out wide.  

As I posted my Hibs contacts said a few weeks ago they would keep Tait. Looks like the new management have the same opinion.

Ample helping of humble pie for the individuals who rubbished the post.

32 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Very much liking that.  No collar, sufficient red, stripe reminiscent of last years away strip.  Tick.

Understated and all the better for it.

Blue tops, White shorts, Red socks - that is a Falkirk strip.

Good to see no red shoulder flashes.

2nd strip White tops, blue shorts, White socks   

From that plenty of options to mix and match to avoid colour clashes.     

14 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

As I posted my Hibs contacts said a few weeks ago they would keep Tait. Looks like the new management have the same opinion.

Ample helping of humble pie for the individuals who rubbished the post.

Agreed

They are definitely going to keep everyone on that list, run with a squad of 40 and make no new signings.

20 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Agreed

They are definitely going to keep everyone on that list, run with a squad of 40 and make no new signings.

Wonder if Mcglynn will wait it out until David Gray has decided what to do with tait (after pre season) and see if we can get him on loan. Or just sign someone else in the next couple of weeks.

1 minute ago, Big chungus said:

Wonder if Mcglynn will wait it out until David Gray has decided what to do with tait (after pre season) and see if we can get him on loan. Or just sign someone else in the next couple of weeks.

With Tait being in his last season he is either in the first team squad or cash him in for whatever they can get.

Going out on loan does not make commercial sense to Hibs.

Had a feeling that with Tait under contract/new coach in place he (with others) would get a clean slate. 
If that’s the case and Tait shines, my guess is that we won’t see him back in the NB. If this is how it pans out, it’s a difficult one for JM as Tait was stand out with his overall play. 

13 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

With Tait being in his last season he is either in the first team squad or cash him in for whatever they can get.

Going out on loan does not make commercial sense to Hibs.

It all depends on whether there’s interest in him. Going on loan may be the only offer hibs get with a portion of his wages subsidised. For me he was our best player for the final quarter of the season, but other clubs may choose to take into account his performances at other clubs and supposed off field issues that fans of other clubs gleefully informed us of when he signed.

Personally I hope other clubs do take that stance and Tait knows JM knows how to get the best out of him so hopefully we see him back sooner or later

I haven’t watched Tait through his whole career so this might not be 100% accurate but the impression I have got of Tait is that McGlynn is the only manager who has managed to get the best out of him. With this in mind I think very few, if any clubs would take him knowing that it takes a certain type of management to get him to perform at his best. 

Obviously football isn’t as simple as that but we just need to wait and see

3 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

That took me by surprise, starring in the strip launch video one minute, out the door the next.  Anyway, good player, always be remembered for that penalty that saved the invincible season.

Been on the sherry this morning? 😆

6 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

That took me by surprise, starring in the strip launch video one minute, out the door the next.  Anyway, good player, always be remembered for that penalty that saved the invincible season.

2 minutes ago, Ontovictory said:

Been on the sherry this morning? 😆

The ultimate Still Game drinking game - Glasgow Live

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Agreed

They've got about 25 first team players under contract as it stands and that's before any new signings. The retained list doesn't necessarily mean players are in the managers plans. We've got Jordan Allan on ours.