The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

You've got that wrong. It's the majority who identify as bigots, but attend neither them, nor their local clubs, instead choosing to sneer at the likes of Falkirk from their armchair in an FK postcode. 

It's bad enough being an arse cheek fan that goes to games, but the armchair ones are the worst of all. 

They all seem to conveniently have some obscure and convenient reason to disproportionately hate their local team. 

Not obscure or convenient excuses it’s just that they are pathetic wankers.

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Asked why they support Rangurs the answer is Coz um a Proddy!

My answer to that 'are you insinuating Rangers are sectarian, Realising they have dug a hole for themselves and the club its a question they dare not answer and its wind and bluster before they slink off.

1 hour ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

Or the old "my faither Wiz Fae govan"...eh was he f**k hes from Westquarter & went to Graeme High

The majority of homes Westquarter are in closer proximity to an Orange Lodge than the majority of homes in Govan.

It’s just that the ones in Westquarter have a marginally longer left expectancy.

I’ve no idea how they can live so close to Falkirk yet hate their local team so much.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

44 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The majority of homes Westquarter are in closer proximity to an Orange Lodge than the majority of homes in Govan.

It’s just that the ones in Westquarter have a marginally longer left expectancy.

I’ve no idea how they can live so close to Falkirk yet hate their local team so much.

Not just Westquarter unfortunately, the whole Redding, Rumford, Braes area is a staunch ghetto.

Why?

51 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not just Westquarter unfortunately, the whole Redding, Rumford, Braes area is a staunch ghetto.

Why?

I mind going to a charity night in the Welfare Hall in Shieldhill years ago and the first three songs the DJ played were Simply the Best and Penny Arcade twice🙄

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

I mind going to a charity night in the Welfare Hall in Shieldhill years ago and the first three songs the DJ played were Simply the Best and Penny Arcade twice🙄

I’m pretty sure that was just because Roy Orbison was very popular in Shieldhill back in the day mate.

I’m pretty sure the Traveling Wilberrys were the resident band in the Welfare for a while.

15 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m pretty sure that was just because Roy Orbison was very popular in Shieldhill back in the day mate.

I’m pretty sure the Traveling Wilberrys were the resident band in the Welfare for a while.

Think that was the Travelling Shieldhill Young Defenders pal 🤣

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I had a rather frank discussion with a bar man in Lanzarote when he heard i was Scottish,he said Rangers or Celtic i said none i hate them both,He said as i was Scottish i had support one of them,I went fine you are Spanish Real or Barca.His face was shut.

13 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

An article from last year.

I had always believed that Albania had the most supporters per capita and that Scotland was second but they don't seem to get a mention.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/12810174/scottish-football-tops-european-attendance-per-capita-table-ahead-of-second-placed-netherlands

There used to be a thread that had details on these stats, I'm sure the Faroe Islands were ahead of us. 

I also think that once you removed the old firm fans we were still 3rd or something like that. 

38 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Yep. Everyone is back in and the place is buzzing. 

Any signing or loans will be coming in hopefully soon. It's in everybody's best interests that the players get as much pre season as possible.

The times we had these flurries or last minute signings just gave the impression we were picking up the dregs (sadly all to often they were)

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Any signing or loans will be coming in hopefully soon. It's in everybody's best interests that the players get as much pre season as possible.

The times we had these flurries or last minute signings just gave the impression we were picking up the dregs (sadly all to often they were)

That tends to be how JM works. Gets his business done early. We have (I think) 21 signed players so I'm not sure whether there will be many more. No doubt someone will ask him in a press interview.