The Falkirk FC Thread

21 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Ross with a full preseason will be a different animal.

Key player for you if you can keep him fit.

16 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Key player for you if you can keep him fit.

He was fit for most of last season he just didn't get 3 games on the bounce due to Miller & Morrison's form so didn't really get going.

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

None of us want to lose a game but this Invincibles tag is a bit of a monkey on our back. We have to lose a game sometime so lets lose one of our pre-season friendlies and then we can relax and play with a bit of freedom.

When have we not played with freedom, it's the Falkirk side with the most freedom I've seen?

Also, the invincible tag was league games, hardly think a pre-season affects that.

That was okay today. Silly shitty goals to lose but then dominated and could have scored a million.  They’ll work on the downsides, but Ross and Adams were bright lights, as were the two young guys. There’s a fight for numbers, which is good. 

ETA: I can’t describe how happy I am that Falkirk Saturdays are back. Close season is shite and no amount of international football can ever, ever come close. Bring it on. 

Edited by StuartA

1 hour ago, StuartA said:

ETA: I can’t describe how happy I am that Falkirk Saturdays are back. Close season is shite and no amount of international football can ever, ever come close. Bring it on. 

100% this. 

On 28/06/2024 at 14:24, ShaggerG said:

Two things:

Could we not play the game there because, at least it's level. Also, who belongs to the escaped meercat?

Meerkat belongs to me m8. And it's a far better surface than the coup across the road.

Good pre season game. Highlights/positives for me were Ross, Adams and the two young apprentices. 

We could've scored a barrel load yesterday if we just took our chances. Some dafties on the COYB page going tonto at us going 2-0 down in a preseason friendly just shows people are waiting for our first loss of this season to have a meltdown. Weirdos 

Sorry for not reading back on your recent posts but what is your genuine thoughts of your team in the championship this season, from an outsider it looks like a playoff spot is achievable as a lot of the teams this season will continually take points off each other. Without stating the obvious any team that can go on a cpl of good runs won't be far away.

Thoughts ???

24 minutes ago, colliedug said:

Sorry for not reading back on your recent posts but what is your genuine thoughts of your team in the championship this season, from an outsider it looks like a playoff spot is achievable as a lot of the teams this season will continually take points off each other. Without stating the obvious any team that can go on a cpl of good runs won't be far away.

Thoughts ???

Can only speak for myself but a play off spot would be an excellent finish after 5 years in League 1, we are not a team who have just bounced back 1 year after being relegated it's been a consistent rot for probably 10 years so 4th place would be a great start back in the championship. I would be pretty happy with a mid table finish as well in all honesty but I can be hopeful of a play off spot going by other league one promoted sides in recent years. However, the championship next year will be very tight I reckon and I think 3rd-7th place will be a matter of a handful of points by the end. 

51 minutes ago, colliedug said:

Thoughts ???

Yeah unfortunately due to the massive difference in prize money between the top of league one and top of the championship we are starting off this season circa 500k down on the likes of Raith rovers which is a huge gap to bridge in one season. Imperative therefore that we finish as high up the table as possible to close that gap.  Important that fans stay grounded too as for me this is a season to set ourselves up for a real push next season on the promotion place.  As has been said playoffs would be a real bonus but mid table with no relegation worries would be a decent season over all.

Edited by Shodwall cat

21 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yeah unfortunately due to the massive difference in prize money between the top of league one and top of the championship we are starting off this season circa 500k down on the likes of Raith rovers which is a huge gap to bridge in one season. Imperative therefore that we finish as high up the table as possible to close that gap.  Important that fans stay grounded too as for me this is a season to set ourselves up for a real push next season on the promotion place.  As has been said playoffs would be a real bonus but mid table with no relegation worries would be a decent season over all.

The prize money disparity is a big issue but our ST sales and FSS contributions should help bridge that to some extent.

Raith and Partick have only sold 1500 STs so far while we are at nearly 4000. Assuming we end up with 2000 more sold at an average of say £150 a pop, that’s an extra £300k we will have.