The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Big chungus said:

I mean Mcglynn has said one more than one occasion that the budget is spent and he does not expect anymore incomings. I do agree tho it’s likely that if Allan goes there probably is room for another player to come in. If we qualify out the groups from the league cup then that’s another minimum of 20k in the door. Whether that’s enough to sign another player, or if the board even decides to release that money into the playing budget, is yet to be seen. However, I don’t think as things currently stand we should be expecting any other signings let alone two. I’m happy with the squad tbh. 

He did say he didn't expect any incomings before the league season starts. Our outfield loan signings last season came on the 31st of august and 14th of September so I'd expect things to happen late in the window when teams are looking to get players out playing on loan.

1 hour ago, StuartA said:

This seems like an inspired choice now

IMG_5664.thumb.jpeg.6aa0d2f745494876ae71e14894774112.jpeg

In the bad old days, player selection for photocalls was sometimes based on who would create the least abuse online. At least for the big ones, Things like school visits, hospitality or commercial jobs were based on whose turn it was or who was available. 

That doesn't matter nowadays. Every player is loved and they all get positive feedback, It's wonderful to see. 

22 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

This team just doesn’t lose games. Pleasing.

Particularly pleasing when you consider the fact we’ve just won the league with an invincible season yet somehow seem to have stumbled across a new superstar defender from the amateurs.

Not "stumbled across". McGlynn and Smith are all over the lower leagues.

7 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

At the end of the day it's a great position to be in. Three weeks to go until the start of the season and we're talking (arguing) about 1 or 2 additions to supplement the existing squad which is looking sharp. And not needing 4 or 5 bodies and being short on quality in several areas. Huge credit to McGlynn & night and day between his appoach to recruitment and the last few managers we've had 

Don't know where one or two additions are coming from. He said the budget's spent.

2 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

I think we'll get 2 plus new players before the end of the transfer window. Loan signings will become more available once the league season starts. 

shocked to see Kai Kennedy playing with Queens btw. Thought he'd have got a championship gig no problem. 

Why do you think that?

1 hour ago, Baggio said:

Williams, Morata, Lamal = Miller, MacIver, Morrison 

🇪🇸🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

😎

I noticed BBC graphic had Spain setup the same as ourselves as 4-2-3-1. Yamal was right wing, ie. Morrison.  Just sayin 🙏⚽

1 hour ago, Ontovictory said:

Don't know where one or two additions are coming from. He said the budget's spent.

Could it be he’s saying the budget is spent so he can try and get some deals when he’s looking at loan players. Nobody in their right mind is going to advertise their position in the market

46 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Could it be he’s saying the budget is spent so he can try and get some deals when he’s looking at loan players. Nobody in their right mind is going to advertise their position in the market

In my limited experience of the manager, he doesn’t seem to play these games. I think if he says the budget is gone, that’s what he means.  of course more money can come in or savings made by leasing players on loan but for now I think you can accept that’s it. And I don’t think we need anyone else for a week or two; without being arrogant look at the quality of the teams we are about to play. 

Edited by Roboccop

On leaving the game, I noticed guys in Birmingham City gear,  two guys in Bristol City ties and few athletic black guys watching the game

They were sitting away from the Dundee Utd VIP section.

So I think there will be some movement within the squad. 

7 hours ago, Ontovictory said:

Why do you think that?

I think we'll qualify from our league cup group and Jordan Allan will leave. This will provide enough funds to get two players in. 

Or if you're asking about Kennedy, I just presumed he'd say end up at Hamilton or someone like that.

By the end of the window teams are looking to get players out on loan so that they get game time and they are usually easy to deal with by that point especially when it's young players or players who  are not in their managers plans. Last season mcglynn also said the budget was gone at virtually the same point but managed to eek out getting Bisland and Ross in. I would be shocked if a manager who has used the loan market so well in recent seasons didn't pick up a single player on loan for the first half of this season. 

7 hours ago, Blane Fonda said:

On leaving the game, I noticed guys in Birmingham City gear,  two guys in Bristol City ties and few athletic black guys watching the game

They were sitting away from the Dundee Utd VIP section.

So I think there will be some movement within the squad. 

I saw these guys as well and thought there must be some reason for them being there in their official club gear.

In terms of @Senor Bairnsaying he thinks another 2 players might come in, I wouldn't be surprised either if by the end of August we have another 2 or so in. For reasons he's stated, if we get out of our League Cup group, Jordan Allan leaves and also I might be wrong but I thought JS said we were budgeting for 3,200/3,300 season tickets, last count we were nearing 4,000. Appreciate we had to secure existing players/loan players but thats still a helluva uplift on the finances budgeted for.

10 hours ago, Ontovictory said:

Pretty much for the reasons listed above

Whilst we need to beat Ayr before counting our League Cup chickens, getting out of the group is worth £40k in prize money

Season tickets sales exceeding 3.3k target by around 600 

Jordan Allan moving on & McGlynn working his magic 

There’s been a significant uplift across most business streams, however getting players like Morrison Miller Spencer Ross Tait Donaldson (many others)to either extend or to sign/renew contracts, I’d imagine would have been at the top end wages for this league. 

Goalkeepers: Hogarth, Sneddon (2)

Defenders: Yeats, Lang, Donaldson, McCann, Mackie, Adams (6)

Holding midfielders: Spencer, Henderson (CB cover), Tait (3)

Attacking mids/wingers: Morrison, Nesbitt, Miller, Ross, Agyemang, McKenna, Oliver (7)

Strikers: MacIver, Shanley, Allan (3)

Gary Oliver and Agyemang can also play up front and Finn Yeats can play CDM. Also interesting that McKenna’s short cameo at the weekend was in the double pivot as he came on for Dylan Tait. I’m not sure if that was just because Hendo is needed to play CB at the moment or if we’ll normally see him play there. When he was signed I thought we’d see him as the cover for Aidan Nesbitt’s position.

If there are indeed going to be two loan incomings I’d be looking for a versatile defender and either another holding mid or a centre forward.

9 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

If only they were training at Kelty, eh?

Off topic but I found the outcry over that a bit bizarre. It’s pretty normal for part time clubs in the North or South of Scotland to train in the Central belt so that they can attract players who have day jobs in the more economically stronger areas of the country.

Inverness did go too far with it by basically proposing to move the entire club to Kelty apart from match days, so all of their office staff etc would be Fife based. That’s unnecessary and actually damaging to the local community by removing jobs from it. However the idea of having a training base in the central belt, there’s nothing wrong with that and if anything it’s damaging for them not to like we’ve seen here.

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

Still nothing re Buckie tickets.  Likely to be patg?

I think it’s on the Buckie Facebook page. Both our game and the game against Dundee U are PATG…..