The Falkirk FC Thread

Yeah the away stand holds 3,000 and Pars restricted that to 2,500/2,600 ish (front two rows and the little corner sections below the wheelchair platforms weren't put on sale) which we sold out. Imagine it will be the same this time and we should shift somewhere between 2-2.5k, depending on the Queens Park result 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Why are people queuing up to give them money before the transfer window?  An end-of-season important clash by all means fill the stand. but 3 weeks until the window shuts, 2500 paying 20 bucks is more money to get a new player. 

I'm not suggesting a boycott, let the diehards and young team go but there is no need for a mass gathering of all Falkirk fans to swell the Pars coffers.

1 minute ago, Blane Fonda said:

Why are people queuing up to give them money before the transfer window?  An end-of-season important clash by all means fill the stand. but 3 weeks until the window shuts, 2500 paying 20 bucks is more money to get a new player. 

I'm not suggesting a boycott, let the diehards and young team go but there is no need for a mass gathering of all Falkirk fans to swell the Pars coffers.

They can still bring in loans for a month odd yet though and I'd reckon that's what they will more than likely be spending their money on.

Just now, Blane Fonda said:

Pars will have already included in their budget for the season on 2000+ Falkirk fans twice back in May. They won’t have an extra windfall they can then use, similarly if the fixture was reversed. 

2 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Pars will have already included in their budget for the season on 2000+ Falkirk fans twice back in May. They won’t have an extra windfall they can then use, similarly if the fixture was reversed. 

Then screw their budget by only taking 1000 or so.

2 minutes ago, Blane Fonda said:

This is a bit silly. It would probably start a tit-for-tat half boycott. Better just to fill each others' stands.

Just now, Blane Fonda said:

I think you're thinking a wee bit too deeply here. We shouldn't give a toss what they do with 'our' cash when we go there. We go there to support our team and (hopefully) watch them batter loads of goals past Mehmet. 

They are a bit in trouble financially if the writings on their thread are to be believed, £1 million loss two seasons ago and expecting around the same for last season. Our £50k won't make a difference.

31 minutes ago, Blane Fonda said:

James McPake is their manager, he'll only sign some donkey anyway.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Or just bring 10 fans like you did in 2011. 

Shows our fans get it. Why anyone would want to go there and watch our biggest rivals was beyond me. Boot on the other foot I am sure you lot would bring as few. 

10 minutes ago, BPM said:

Shows our fans get it. Why anyone would want to go there and watch our biggest rivals was beyond me. Boot on the other foot I am sure you lot would bring as few. 

We'll come to that if it ever happens. In the meantime, it's one for us to use in a petty squabble. 

Something I found quite funny from that day in 2011. When the trophy presentation was about to begin, the catering staff from hospitality/bars/Stephens appeared in the South East part of the Main Stand where the Falkirk fans had been. The Falkirk fans were well gone by this point but the majority of the North stand were singing "are you watching Falkirk scum", pointing towards them and flicking the vickies. Some poor wee lassies doing a Saturday job getting all sorts of snash. 🤣

2 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Could be worse, could bring thousands to Hampden to watch your rival beat you in a semi final

I don't know if it's just me but I'm not all that bothered about that particular game. Of course it's a national cup semi-final and I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot it would stick out more. The reason I'm not that arsed is we were in different divisions at the time and Falkirk had better players. It felt like Falkirk were favourites going into that and that's exactly how we played.

Of course I'd love if we'd won that, but by time the following day came around I wasn't really all that fussed. Some Pars fans may come in and give a different opinion of course.

I'm more pissed off about the 2007 season, Stokes hat-trick game and the following 0-3 we got from you in the final day of the season, relegation already sealed. I think you may have beat us 1-0 at TFS that season with an injury time winner from Alan Gow. Gash.

I struggle to remember other Falkirk defeats, the Rovers have muddied my memory with there routine shagging of us last season. However, if we don't get our act together and sharpish then you should be on course for a first win at East End since April 2019. Then again, John McGlynn isn't a fan of winning at East End...