The Falkirk FC Thread

7 hours ago, tokyo bairn said:

Hogurth

Yates Laing Donuldson Macky

Tate  Spincer

Morrisons   Nisbit     Millar

McIvor

Reading that gave me a headache. 

Does anyone here know if away tickets are available for Friday yet? Spent a good bit of time looking around the website earlier but I couldn't see anything except main stand and hospitality

6 hours ago, starshot131 said:

Does anyone here know if away tickets are available for Friday yet? Spent a good bit of time looking around the website earlier but I couldn't see anything except main stand and hospitality

Doesn't look like it, normally when you click on the north stand(away) the tickets appear but on every section it just says 'call the office'

7 hours ago, starshot131 said:

QP will have been sent a direct link to the away stand to share on your socials. Assume they haven’t done this yet. 

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

QP will have been sent a direct link to the away stand to share on your socials. Assume they haven’t done this yet. 

Christ, we'll probably get it about half 5 on Friday then

EDIT: in the time it took me to post this we actually did upload them, but yeah cheers

Edited by starshot131

OUT NOW!

🆕🎙️EP:90 JAMIE SWINNEY Q&A / LARBERT IS NAVY BLUE!

🔵 Q&A with CEO Jamie Swinney - Budgets, Signings & Pie Gate 🎤
⚪️ Review the win over Stenhousemuir ⚔️
🔵 LIVE reaction to the cup draw 🏆
⚪️ Preview the league opener versus Queens Park (H) with David from the @SpidersTalkPod🕷️
🔵 And we discuss all of the latest Bairns news from the last 7 days 🗞️

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_0934.thumb.jpeg.7a7b14bd3943ef63bba2dfa07f090087.jpeg

Main points from Jamie Swinney:

3,843 Season Tickets sold

22% increase in McGlynn's budget this season

'Top-up' option brought in £40k extra money

Lost roughly £340k last season which depleted all cash reserves

Aiming for break even this season based on a 5th place finish, though a small hole (<£99k) remains. Effectively to secure Tait and Ross.

Additional League Cup monies will go to fill said hole before any new signings are made. Budget is therefor effectively spent for now

The football club is making a lot more money from Pie Sports. They have spent £130k investment. A combination of those two is why prices have increased so much 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

OUT NOW!

⚪️ Preview the league opener versus Queens Park (H) with David from the @SpidersTalkPod🕷️

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

Great podcast as always guys, lots of important questions asked, and Jamie answered them in great detail. Brilliant to hear about how well our club is being run from a financial point of view. Wouldn’t say it sounds too promising that even with getting past the group stage that it means another player will be coming in.  

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Main points from Jamie Swinney:

3,843 Season Tickets sold

22% increase in McGlynn's budget this season

'Top-up' option brought in £40k extra money

Lost roughly £340k last season which depleted all cash reserves

Aiming for break even this season based on a 5th place finish, though a small hole (<£99k) remains. Effectively to secure Tait and Ross.

Additional League Cup monies will go to fill said hole before any new signings are made. Budget is therefor effectively spent for now

The football club is making a lot more money from Pie Sports. They have spent £130k investment. A combination of those two is why prices have increased so much 

Just to add to the pie sports: the club is now getting proportional income on top of a large increase from the previous company. So if we have bigger crowds this goes back into the club which was not the case before. Previously there was simply a small rent paid to sell from the kiosks which was far below any amount of money that comparably sized clubs were getting from their kiosk deals. £130k investment by pie sports up front to re-do the kiosks including equipment, upkeep and branding. Staff are now paid over the minimum wage so any young people in Falkirk working at the kiosks will get above minimum wage. This money and investment needs to be made back over the 5 year contract, combined with the increase in staffing and larger fees paid to the club means the prices have to be higher. Personally I think all of that is worth the extra £1.50 on a coffee/tea and as expected is not just a case of the costs for hot water. 

Also worth noting, since the club is getting a proportional income based on sales this means that any boycott absolutely does affect the income to the club.  And that money from pie sports has likely contributed to our increased budget this season. 

Edited by Jimmy1876

Only other questions I would have liked asked,  would have been related to how many more season tickets did we sell that was anticipated/budgeted for, and if Allan leaving meant another player would be coming in. Unless it was spoken about and I missed it? Appreciate the work the Falkirk daft guys do and how open and transparent Jamie is. Great podcast all round. 

Edited by Big chungus

3 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Only other questions I would have liked asked,  would have been related to how many more season tickets did we sell that was anticipated/budgeted for, and if Allan leaving meant another player would be coming in. Unless it was spoken about and I missed it? Appreciate the work the Falkirk daft guys do and how open and transparent Jamie is. Great podcast all round. 

Thanks mate.

Not sure if it was offline or on the recording but it was confirmed that Jordan leaving was always in the budget plan and did not mean his wage was then available.

I think a first team squad of 20 is fine when you consider that it’s not like we have 11 defined starters and then a huge drop off. We’ve got 20 players that you’d be pretty comfortable starting any given match and also plenty of versatility amongst those players.

GK: Hogarth, Sneddon

RB: Adams, Yeats

LB: McCann, Mackie (Miller)

CB: Henderson, Donaldson, Lang, (Mackie, Adams, MacIver)

CDM: Spencer, Tait (Yeats, Henderson, McKenna)

RW: Morrison, Agyemang

CAM: Nesbitt, Oliver, McKenna

LW: Miller, Ross

CF: MacIver, Shanley (Oliver, Agyemang)

On a side note, I do still think the kiosk price increases are a little too steep (never mind the food btw, 3 quid for a cup of tea/instant coffee is daylight robbery lol), but on top of the club making more money, the more important thing for me is the company paying their staff properly and looking after them. Obviously I have no idea and this is a purely vibes-based judgement so I may be totally wrong, but I didn’t get that feeling from the last catering folk. Maybe not a massive thing and I know the “community club” thing can be sickly and overplayed, but nonetheless its good it was part of the clubs consideration. 

So we managed to get promoted without losing a game and playing some brilliant football with just a 340k loss whilst Dunfermline lost well over a million quid and didn't do it in anywhere near the style we did.

5 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

OUT NOW!

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

Thank you to both of you

Really enjoyed that podcast and good to get some insight into the financial side of the club from Jamie Swinney. 

Thought the QP supporter came across really well. 

Keep up the good work 👍

1 hour ago, Big chungus said:

But the ST is merely a cash uplift. Many of those who took ST’s have been PATG. So PATG will drop and the overall number would probably be the same for the home end. They will have budgeted a number on away crowds already 

Edited by BPM

2 minutes ago, BPM said:

But the ST is merely a cash uplift. Many of those who took ST’s have been PATG. So PATG will drop and the overall number would probably be the same for the home end. They will have budgeted a number on away crowds already 

The number of season tickets sold directly affects the managers budget. What is it you’re getting at? For the record, I was more interested in how many more season tickets we sold that the club expected. 

28 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

The number of season tickets sold directly affects the managers budget. What is it you’re getting at? For the record, I was more interested in how many more season tickets we sold that the club expected. 

The amount of ST’s doesn’t on its own as if that number goes up the PATG comes down. They budget ST and PATG cash in total. If you listened to JS he explains it. 
My understanding in what he said if the budget was 3500 ST and let’s say 750 PATG, if the ST goes to 3900 they drop the home PATG budget. 

Edited by BPM