The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

NO SFA money involved at all.. It was a loan to be paid off over 20 years (interest free) from the Scottish govt that I (and another well known Bairn who cannot reveal his name because of his job) negotiated from a special fund for football on behalf of the FSS. That said I do think the Scottish government should complain that we will be forced to waste that money if we go up.

Is he a spy?

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

We received SFA funding to lay that pitch and could be tearing it up in less than 3 years due to the whims of 11 Premiership clubs. That would be an incredibly poor use of what is essentially government money. You'd like to think the SFA might have something to say about this completely arbitrary rule as I'm sure we're not the only ones to receive this grant.

We may also be liable to repay part of that grant if the pitch is scrapped adding a further cost burden. 

15 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

NO SFA money involved at all.. It was a loan to be paid off over 20 years (interest free) from the Scottish govt that I (and another well known Bairn who cannot reveal his name because of his job) negotiated from a special fund for football on behalf of the FSS. That said I do think the Scottish government should complain that we will be forced to waste that money if we go up.

There was also a grant that came via the SFA over and above that FSS loan. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Enjoy the guest pundits on the podcast as it’s good to get an insight into teams I potentially don’t know a lot about and what to expect.

Had to skip past Cameron this week though. Appreciate he’ll be an easy booking working with John and will be to some peoples likings. Find the shock jock facade a little wearing. Didn’t mind Steven Mill but maybe because he was so downbeat, not sure how I’d have felt if the teams fortunes were the other way round.

Wasnt at FD live so Cameron may have been better in that type of event/forum but just not for me on the audio format.

Be interested to see if any other Championship teams pundits come on and what they’re like. Quite liked the Montrose fan from last year for example.

6 minutes ago, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

Enjoy the guest pundits on the podcast as it’s good to get an insight into teams I potentially don’t know a lot about and what to expect.

Had to skip past Cameron this week though. Appreciate he’ll be an easy booking working with John and will be to some peoples likings. Find the shock jock facade a little wearing. Didn’t mind Steven Mill but maybe because he was so downbeat, not sure how I’d have felt if the teams fortunes were the other way round.

Wasnt at FD live so Cameron may have been better in that type of event/forum but just not for me on the audio format.

Be interested to see if any other Championship teams pundits come on and what they’re like. Quite liked the Montrose fan from last year for example.

my fave Cameron clip

3 hours ago, Enigma said:

Anybody doing that just hasn’t been paying attention. The bookies, as usual, generally have their fingers on the pulse and most have you at least joint favourites for the league right now. Yourselves and Ayr are looking like the teams to beat right now and there’s no reason why just settling for play offs and patting yourselves on the back with that should be the limit of your ambitions this season.

We've played two of the poorest teams in the league so far. Yourselves, Partick, Livingston, Ayr and possibly Airdrie will all be tougher games.

If we're still sitting in the same position after Q1 & Q2 I think we can start thinking about a promotion push.

Otherwise we'll be quite happy consolidating in 4th/5th with the aim to build on the squad next summer for a proper title challenge in 2025/26. 

27 minutes ago, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

Cheers. Yeah, we’ll continue to invite on opposition fans every week. We’ve invited a Thistle podcast on for this coming Sunday following on from the Queens Park podcast who came on for the last home game 👍🏼

33 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Cheers. Yeah, we’ll continue to invite on opposition fans every week. We’ve invited a Thistle podcast on for this coming Sunday following on from the Queens Park podcast who came on for the last home game 👍🏼

Its a good feature. We all like a bit of tit for tat on here and in real life regarding the football, but you get a lot more out of being a football fan when you speak to fans of other teams about the game IMO. I got to a lot of games on my own and particularly away ones, I like getting a bit of chat with fans of whoever we're playing. As fans of Diddy sides in Scotland, we have a lot more in common than separates us. 

All of that said, I could and would never ask anyone to sit in the same room as a Morton fan so I'm prepared to offer you and John a pass on that. 

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Forgot about the Queen’s Park pundit and that was only recently, old age! They were great too.

I wasn’t one of those who slagged him off before he’d kicked a ball (I don’t think there are many  circumstances where I’d do that to a Falkirk player who hadn’t yet pulled on the jersey), but the record shows I was pretty underwhelmed when he signed. Think some can be slightly excused with a bit of post-Airdrie hangover/skepticism, but there were a number of people who were verging on hysterical when he signed.

However, I’ve never been more happy for myself and others to be ‘proven wrong’ by a player. He’s a massive part of how we play. He’s not the finished article yet; he’s still got areas where he could improve,, but he’s still got a good amount of potential and time is on his side to realise it too. Great business.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Pleasing. A lot more people will be aware of what he's capable of in the next two or three months. 

Plus, we all get to carry on with the tequila song. 

#swerving

image.png.11908791fbe7758664dcf28bcc28d5d7.png