The Falkirk FC Thread

38 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Coco is the same age as me so would only have been 11 or 12 in 1986 !

Must have been another player then. Remember the incident well but obviously not well enough. Car park end of the ground in front of the stand and not long after Conner got sent off for spitting on Roddy Manley. Spittle was all over his face and jersey so the ref had no choice. Stand was in uproar after the punch and the Aberdeen players relished the baiting in trying to get a Falkirk player sent off as well.

21 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

An individual sugar daddy type owner and an organised collective group of over 1000 loyal supporters putting money in are absolutely in no way comparable! It’s two completely different situations, you are comparing apples and oranges! Do you think 1000 odd individuals who are all emotionally invested fans are all of a sudden going to each stop contributing they're subs each month at the exact same time? That’s simply not going to happen, however in the case of a club being bankrolled by a wealthy individual with no emotional attachment to said club it’s always a distinct possibility they suddenly decide to stop pumping money in or are suddenly no longer able to do so for whatever reason as we have seen multiple examples of before. 

What is the drop-off rate for the FSS?

We thankfully haven't entered a trough and don't really know what a sustained period in one might look like. I'm not trying to get dragged into one model versus another but we're still in the relatively early flush of our ownership journey but I am also not naive to accept that similar travails can have the same effect on individuals as the collective.

... Do you think 1000 odd individuals who are all emotionally invested fans are all of a sudden going to each stop contributing they're subs each month at the exact same time? ...

I agree it's unlikely but even owners who don't cut-and-run can choose to reduce their funding whilst still holding a responsibility.

50 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I'm not trying to be contrarian today but ...

Substitute "owner" for FSS in the 1st scenario and what you describe could equally apply to us eventually in the last.

I just don't think it's wise to think we've nothing to worry about.

This is a nonsense.

With clubs around us financially stressed it just highlights the importance of FFC being prudent. Would rather be mid-table at the end of the season and financially viable. Than in the play-offs and a financial cliff to fall off if we are not promoted.

£400K a year goodwill additional funding from the fans must be looked on as a bonus and not baked into the finances season after season. It won't go on forever. Even more pertinent with the upcoming tax hikes incoming from the UK government.

We are in a good place having got out of a bad place financially and football wise.  Lets not go back.

52 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Must have been another player then. Remember the incident well but obviously not well enough. Car park end of the ground in front of the stand and not long after Conner got sent off for spitting on Roddy Manley. Spittle was all over his face and jersey so the ref had no choice. Stand was in uproar after the punch and the Aberdeen players relished the baiting in trying to get a Falkirk player sent off as well.

Remember that night well as i was 16 yrs old sitting in the main stand, the amount of abuse and coins thrown at the full time whistle was incredible, the stewards in the stand retreated back inside due to the levels of abuse from the fans, they certainly weren't sweetie rustlers that night ! 

guessing after that night was when they introduced the extending tunnel 🤣

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

With clubs around us financially stressed it just highlights the importance of FFC being prudent. Would rather be mid-table at the end of the season and financially viable. Than in the play-offs and a financial cliff to fall off if we are not promoted.

£400K a year goodwill additional funding from the fans must be looked on as a bonus and not baked into the finances season after season. It won't go on forever. Even more pertinent with the upcoming tax hikes incoming from the UK government.

We are in a good place having got out of a bad place financially and football wise.  Lets not go back.

Am I missing something, or are you including sponsorship, merchandise purchase etc in this as well as FSS subs?

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Am I missing something, or are you including sponsorship, merchandise purchase etc in this as well as FSS subs?

All the funding streams that generously contributed to that outstanding figure of £400k.

The ethos of my post is go canny, there are stormy times ahead sadly for many football clubs. Falkirk have achieved so much in a short space of time and would rather underspend than overspend. If one club folds ie ITC others will follow in short order then it is league turmoil.

Hope this clarifies.

Respect

8 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

I actually fear (to no huge degree) what will happen to Ayr, Raith, Livi and maybe even Thistle if they don’t get promoted having flung large sums at going up this year. 

I see almost every social media post by Ayr is begging people to go to the games or moaning about the crowds they’ve been getting to encourage more. That suggests the owner isn’t happy at being the only one pumping money in. 

Don’t worry mate. Tony Fernandes will see us fine. 

8 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

I actually fear (to no huge degree) what will happen to Ayr, Raith, Livi and maybe even Thistle if they don’t get promoted having flung large sums at going up this year. 

I see almost every social media post by Ayr is begging people to go to the games or moaning about the crowds they’ve been getting to encourage more. That suggests the owner isn’t happy at being the only one pumping money in. 

Copium in full flow. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

How dare a football club advertise an actual football match on social media. 

See Falkirk are begging folk abroad to buy an audio stream of their game tomorrow.  All seems a bit concerning, money must've run out

https://x.com/FalkirkFC/status/1824432831751180483?t=IScYeAJY0kFz9ulMVPGgCg&s=19

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

See Falkirk are begging folk abroad to buy an audio stream of their game tomorrow.  All seems a bit concerning, money must've run out

https://x.com/FalkirkFC/status/1824432831751180483?t=IScYeAJY0kFz9ulMVPGgCg&s=19

The audio stream is for anyone, the overseas offering is video with commentary.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

How dare a football club advertise an actual football match on social media. 

You both know full well the point I was making. It’s no shock the board and manager keep commenting on the poor crowds, they need more through the gates so it’s not all falling on the owner, who may well cut back if the fans aren’t doing their bit. 

2 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

You both know full well the point I was making. It’s no shock the board and manager keep commenting on the poor crowds, they need more through the gates so it’s not all falling on the owner, who may well cut back if the fans aren’t doing their bit. 

The point you were trying to make wasn’t entirely accurate though. 

As a club we have a core support of about 1000. We have a huge number of lapsed fans on top of that that might take in the odd game but aren’t going to commit to a season ticket for a number of reasons. The whole point of our chairman commenting on how many we’re getting through the gate is that the club are doing a huge amount of work to get the attendances up but realistically the only thing to bring people in is winning games. Something that we haven’t done with any consistency for years. It isn’t some cry for help as you seem to portray it. The club are in no more financial danger than your average club. Fans like to assume that an opposition team signing good players equals spending way beyond their means and that if that team doesn’t get promoted then they are going to fall off a cliff and be in trouble. In reality most owners aren’t going to put their club in that position especially when that owner has been a fan of the club since he was a young boy. 

Our signings don’t even indicate that any huge amount of spending has taken place. Have we signed anyone that suggests we’ve outbid top flight teams for their signature or we’ve had to break the bank to get in?