The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm so pleased for this group of players. They deserve a match that gets talked about and remembered. Hopefully more to come aswell and it'd not like their league achievements aren't recognised but they really have deserved a big scalp and by f**k they took it and then some today. 

Naismith showing a lack of respect and getting his arse absolutely handed to him 

13 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Technically it is only 70k as you are guaranteed 30k for being in it so that 30k I assume they budget for. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I'm so pleased for this group of players. They deserve a match that gets talked about and remembered. Hopefully more to come aswell and it'd not like their league achievements aren't recognised but they really have deserved a big scalp and by f**k they took it and then some today. 

Naismith showing a lack of respect and getting his arse absolutely handed to him 

Listened to his radio interview driving home & no respect there too………maybe needs to listen to the Big John interview to learn some humility & grace……..since he might have a few hours spare soon on Saturday afternoons if Jambo fans get their way. 

Ken we have quite a small squad but I’d actually  use any additional funds to give out new contracts. A few players that obviously love being here and could pocket us a fee if they keep up their progress. 

wouldn’t say no to a quality wee loan signing too obviously x

Can someone who knows the musical director for the U1876 get to work on sorting "The White Pele" for Sean Mackie 😊

His footwork was outstanding; defended brilliantly and no complaints he was MotM.

He just pipped Nicky, Hendo - glad I didn't have to choose 😅

👏

Edited by Blame Me

Just a great day out - everyone on their game, but possibly Hogarth and Mackie's best games for us. Hendo & Coll were awesome, but FWIW thought Tait the best player on the park by a distance.   That pass out to Adams for the first goal...🥰  Beating the Jambos will always be a treat, but oh my that were grand.  

F’cking brilliant. One of the best yet. Everyone go and buy something so we can give John as much as possible because he deserves it.

Pumped them despite the appalling ref and inspired Craig Gordon. F’ck Hearts. Love it. 

4 minutes ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

Just a great day out - everyone on their game, but possibly Hogarth and Mackie's best games for us. Hendo & Coll were awesome, but FWIW thought Tait the best player on the park by a distance.   That pass out to Adams for the first goal...🥰  Beating the Jambos will always be a treat, but oh my that were grand.  

He was brilliant - to think he got booked in the 2nd minute too

What a f**king club. After that game in Dunfermline I thought Mackie was finished. Delighted for him, what a boy.

That song that was played at the end was a bit shite. Took away from the ultras starting the songs imo.

Though Calvin Miller was fantastic today as well, constantly back helping out in defence on his side. 

Keelan Adams not looking remotely lut of place against Premier league opposition is pleasing af.

That was magnificent. And my wee lassie got a photo with Hendo. She wants to go back and wants a Falkirk top. Yassss. 

dunno why it’s on its side. 

IMG_4266.jpeg

That second half performance was the best I've seen from a Falkirk side in many a year.  Not just the fact that we won , not just the fact we scored twice it was done with a swagger and confidence and in a manner that's just so bloody good to watch.  Calvin miller on the opposite wing as per usual but was fantastic, Tait second half just wow, Adams what a find and it's given us a whole new option in our attacking play with him charging up and down that wing. Looks like he's been playing at that level for years. Nicky at the back I'd actually give him motm as but for him we could've been 3 down and out of it early doors.  Big Mackie was a tad shaky early doors with oda getting in behind him a couple of times but settled down to a great game and two centre backs were rock solid. Ross had a quiet first half but was tremendous second half and deserved his goal. Even Oliver a player that has been given a bit of stick since he came to us put in a great shift and showed he deserves to be getting a runout whilst nesbitt is injured. MacIver  should've had a double but for two good saves from Gordon and that first half run hopefully puts to bed anyone complaining that he doesn't swerve past players.  Another great day from a side that just keep producing better and better performances no matter who they are playing. Spartans at home please.