The Falkirk FC Thread

Toying with taking the electric car to the game on Saturday - Anyone used the EV chargers on a match day?

Are you charged for match day parking aswell as the charger? Tried calling the club and no answer.

ST holder and I travel from Inverness so would definitely need a charge - just wondering if it's worth the hassle or of the the trusty auld diesel is doing another full season... 

4 minutes ago, Cheeringmango said:

Toying with taking the electric car to the game on Saturday - Anyone used the EV chargers on a match day?

Are you charged for match day parking aswell as the charger? Tried calling the club and no answer.

ST holder and I travel from Inverness so would definitely need a charge - just wondering if it's worth the hassle or of the the trusty auld diesel is doing another full season... 

As far as I know the EV charging is first come first served and is before the charging point/steward so don’t believe you would be charged for match day parking. I know the council do check people are only parking there for charging 👍🏼

25 minutes ago, Cheeringmango said:

From the matchday guide:

Please be aware that parking in any of the electric car charging bays in the stadium car park without an electric vehicle could result in a fine.

That infers to me that there isn't a cost for matchday parking as you could be Joe Public legitimately charging your EV. 
However, if you're parking there without an EV and attending the match you *could* be fined by Falkirk council.

I suspect you will be fine.

9 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I remember listening to the radio on the way to the match and they were talking about how many Celtic would score as they could still win the league on GD.

We were given zero chance.

Absolutely delicious and legendary.

Me too! It added to the enjoyment listening to their girning on the  Radio Clyde phone in afterwords. It was the best game Jim Dempsey had for the club I always thought he was underrated.

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

What, you mean that Potter signed the players whether Murray wanted them or not? Little wonder Murray's away then.

Peter Taylor Clough's assistant in his book outlined how they made signings and its the best format I have seen.

Manager says 'i want player to do X-Y-Z' Taylor either used scouts, contacts his own knowledge to draw up a shortlist. Clough watched them and whittled them down to 1st 2nd, 3rd choice and took it from there.

Exception was Dave McKay. Taylor was tasked with 'find me a leader' as soon as Taylor said we could get McKay. Clough who admired McKay throughout his career was at his house sharpish the rest is history. Taylors book is a good read.

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

The only player that McGlynn signed that I thought was poor (and it’s some feat to only have one) was the boy Wright on loan from County, he was awful. 

After leaving us, went on to score 4 league goals in 19 apprentices on loan at both Elgin and Brechin City last season and now plays for Nairn County in the Highland League. Pretty mad considering just over 12 months ago, he came on for us as a sub in a Scottish Cup semi-final. 

He was pretty bad and I agree, probably McGlynn’s only proper, complete misfire (I get the point about Allan, but he did end up ultimately being a poor signing imo. Doesn’t take away from McGlynn’s overall remarkable record). Still, compared to some of the duds we’ve had over the last 7-8 years, Wright doesn’t get the blood boiling. Still only 21 now and will probably go on to have a decent career in the Highland League/League 2. Just wasn’t up to it for us tbh. 

41 minutes ago, Rabbie Bairns said:

Not convinced by Shanley as a signing. 

I don't think many were convinced by MacIver either though. I'm on the fence with Shanley but hasn't had too much time to show what he can do, will only be able to tell if he gets a full game ahead of MacIver.

2 hours ago, Rabbie Bairns said:

Not convinced by Shanley as a signing. 

I think Shanley is alright to bring on to give Ross a rest once the business has been done, not convinced about him starting but to be fair to him he hasn’t really had much of a chance. If any of the Celtic dosh was to be splashed it would be for me on a front man as I’m not convinced we have cover should Ross pick up an injury. 

I think Shanley's OK TBH. Usually looks quite dangerous when he comes on. Don't think he would suit the lone  striker role though. 

On 14/08/2024 at 16:48, Brockers61 said:

months

5 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

He was pretty bad and I agree, probably McGlynn’s only proper, complete misfire (I get the point about Allan, but he did end up ultimately being a poor signing imo. Doesn’t take away from McGlynn’s overall remarkable record). Still, compared to some of the duds we’ve had over the last 7-8 years, Wright doesn’t get the blood boiling. Still only 21 now and will probably go on to have a decent career in the Highland League/League 2. Just wasn’t up to it for us tbh. 

I had it in my mind that he was prolific at Montrose before he joined us, so  I went back and looked at his stats there. Six goals in 827 minutes of football, or on average a goal every game and a half. That's a decent enough return for a forward. He was a big laddie so his physique fitted the type of striker McGlynn prefers. 

He played against us in a 1-1 draw and the following week scored both goals when Montrose beat Dunfermline 2-0, which I think was their only loss that season. I'm sure McGlynn would have seen the analysis video so he must have done enough to impress in those two matches. 

I thought his signing made sense at the time, but for whatever reason it didn't work out.   

13 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I had it in my mind that he was prolific at Montrose before he joined us, so  I went back and looked at his stats there. Six goals in 827 minutes of football, or on average a goal every game and a half. That's a decent enough return for a forward. He was a big laddie so his physique fitted the type of striker McGlynn prefers. 

He played against us in a 1-1 draw and the following week scored both goals when Montrose beat Dunfermline 2-0, which I think was their only loss that season. I'm sure McGlynn would have seen the analysis video so he must have done enough to impress in those two matches. 

I thought his signing made sense at the time, but for whatever reason it didn't work out.   

I think we'd persisted with Burrell or Oliver - who obviously are a different type of striker - and it was quite difficult for the rest of the team to adapt to a target man.

Since MacIver was signed the team has been geared to his strengths and someone like Wright would be better in this team than the one he was in - although I suspect he still doesn't possess enough quality.

Edited by Blame Me