The Falkirk FC Thread

That felt a wee bit like the late winger against Montrose last season, big result to keep the momentum.

the red card changed the game but it was a stonewaller, he was lucky he hadn’t got a second yellow for his deliberate handball.

good professional performance, final ball could’ve been better but it was just about grinding it out. Partick were always going to sit back and ask us to break them down.

did the goalie dive with no hands for Hendo’s goal? Looked a weird dive from my angle

8 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

Nearly 5500 home fans, outstanding....this team just keeps going.

We keep this up, we'll be handing out contract extensions each week, bringing in players and putting a 2nd tier on the KM7 stand after the 4th stand has been built.

Falkirk, you are making me enjoy life - please keep it going!

4 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Why did the ref give a foul against Agyeman in the corner?

Cos he’s a wee fat tit, we sit in that corner of the KM and Alfie done nothing wrong.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

16 hours ago, WHW said:

Can’t start a fire

Can’t start a fire without a spark

Brad Spencer’s on fire

He’ll play Dunfermline off the park

Pretty sure that’s how it goes. Heard a few of the young laddies singing it at one of the LC games but not sure it’s really caught on. Hopefully it does though. As a few have already mentioned, Brad certainly deserves a chant.

This aged tremendously.

1 minute ago, WHW said:

This aged tremendously.

It did and I was pleased to hear and sing along with it. Again though I wish they would turn down the loud music at the end and let the fans sing and show our appreciation of the team.

We made hard work of that at times but absolutely deserved the win. First half was fairly poor from both teams imo we had majority of the ball as you'd expect against 10 men but never really made the 'keeper work and aside from a comfortable save from Diack (?) Hogarth was a spectator. Second much more like it from us we upped the temp and kept putting the pressure on, great goal from Hendo and again they showed their character once we conceded the equaliser heads didn't drop we were right back up again and it was only a matter of time when Brad got the winner.

Obviously need to mention the red card as it was a huge factor in the game and it was unbelievably stupid on the part of Stanway. His first booking was nailed on for an extremely cynical late tackle on Ethan Ross essentially just kicking him in the achilles as he ran past him. To then attempt that dive about 10 minutes later was hilariously stupid. The ref did think about it for a second whether to give it or not but it was the most blatant dive that you'll see. They were clearly missing a lot of key players (Graham, Muirhead, Crawford, Mackay) but the players that we had out weren't really up to much. The keeper made an outstanding save in the first half from Mackie and I'm sure there was another in the second half as well. Thought Harry Milne was pretty solid defensively but wasn't getting an awful lot of help, the game kind of passed Kyle Turner by and Ricco Diack giving one of the worst lone striker performances I've seen in a long time. He looked absolutely dogshit, the ball wasn't sticking he wasn't showing for it, his positioning was all over the place and wasn't pressing correctly either. Ablade who came on and got the goal was a much, much bigger threat and definitely looks to have something about him.

For us yet again Hendo was fantastic and deservedly got MoM. Even without his thunderb*****d of a goal he was still comfortably the best player on the park. Pocketed Diack with complete ease, dealt with anything that came his way, never wasted possession and of course that f**king goal. Until then we had all the ball and pressure but were struggling to create anything clear cut. Keelan Adams was doing Keelan Adams things again and getting yet another assist so now 3 in his last 3. We're 100% making money from him and he's not going to be here long. Really good to see Ethan Ross keep his place and play well. I felt in the first half especially we should have kept giving him the ball he had the beating of Williams fairly easily and we could have made more of it. Good to see him having another good game as so far with him the pattern has kind of been play really well off the bench, get a start don't do awful lot get subbed at the hour and then back on the bench the following week. But based on that today he's deserves to keep his place next week. Brad Spencer I thought had a quiet first half but he absolutely ran the show second half. Picked the tempo up, cut out the slack passes and he was in complete control. Yet again when we need a late goal it's him that comes up clutch for us.

We did have a few poorer performances today it was the quietest we've seen MacIver in a while he never really got into the game at all. We didn't play much if anything up to him tbh but his movement just wasn't as good as usual. Felt Dylan Tait had a pretty poor game as well. His passing in the first half in particular was really off and improved in the second but still not up to the levels we know he is capable of. He also really needs to cut out that flying tackle on the byline. Exact same tackle almost identical position to the one he done against Hearts and got booked for last week. If he connects with the opponent he's getting a red for it.

Brilliant performance and well-deserved win. We were totally dominant for 95% of the match and should really have scored a few more.

Another great crowd of over 6500, which will hopefully help get a few more signings in the door along with the cup money.

Yeah the Dylan Tait flying tackle - he needs to stop that pronto.   After Tom Daily's red card we were debating which Falkirk player was the ref's most likely card target to even up the numbers and Tait was 2-1 on.  Keep the heid, lad.  

31 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

It did and I was pleased to hear and sing along with it. Again though I wish they would turn down the loud music at the end and let the fans sing and show our appreciation of the team.

The loud music goes back 3 seasons or so when they had to wake us up at the end to tell us to go home.

Another utter domination, red card obviously helped but f**k me we need to start burying teams.

Quietest game MacIver's probably ever had but that's down to how deep they went after the sending off.

Crappielow next week to continue the run, COYB.

Not sure most will be in agreement with me, but what a game!! Each and every player made super contributions, energy level high throughout the whole match.

Compelling right from the off, Falkirk better side by far but Thistle were dangerous on counter attacks even when down to 10 men. Very solid displays all round, I thought Tait put a tremendous amount of work in and played very well. Sure, not everything came off but the persistence in midfield from Brad and him went a long way to breaking Thistle down in the second half. 

We created numerous chances, Roberts in goal was very good and Thistle packed their own box to nullify our crosses from right and left. They’ve a couple of brick sh*thouses in Central Defence and Defensive Centre Mid too, so we played down the wings rather than to MacIver.

But what a couple of goals - I’m not sure which was my pick. That boy Keelan Adams should be playing at a higher level immediately - remember Ralston played RB for Scotland in the Euros……

Morrison, McKenna & Alfie - what an attacking threesome to bring on after 60 minutes or so, especially since Ross & Miller pounded their opposing player relentlessly.

I’ve never enjoyed a Falkirk game so much since the days of Stainrod, Crunchie and Baptie. 
John & Paul take a bow. 👌👏

Edited by HonestAl