The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Excellent point. Nothing would ever be done about that of course, unless it was one of the diddy clubs that they wanted rid of!

Part of the regulations to get a Stadium Licence Certification is that all seats must be able to see the full playing surface. If they don't they are removed.

When these clubs that defraud the paying customer are down £45+ per game per seat they will do something to address the issue.

Simple to do and hits the offending club in the pocket. The only reason these seats are there is because they can get away with it.

13 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Part of the regulations to get a Stadium Licence Certification is that all seats must be able to see the full playing surface. If they don't they are removed.

When these clubs that defraud the paying customer are down £45+ per game per seat they will do something to address the issue.

Simple to do and hits the offending club in the pocket. The only reason these seats are there is because they can get away with it.

If that true why are Celtic offering restricted view tickets?…,,

20 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I’m not sure thats true. Plenty of the older stadiums down south have RV tickets and there doesn’t seem to be any issue with them doing it. Celtic have had this pillar issue 30 years almost so can’t be too much of an issue up here either. 

I presume it's because the enormous column that restricts the view has a TV screen mounted on it showing the game 

Still, with the match very unlikely to be a sell out and the fact we will shift our whole allocation easily, this is a very cunty move by Celtic. As you would expect from a horrible cunty club. 

6 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I remember back in the day Celtic used to offer the RV tickets cheaper, I take it's not the case now ?

I remember being forced into that area one point years ago, it's not too bad but it did involve angling the head where I was whilst at times watching a dodgy tv pic

I can't recall having that issue at any other ground I have been in all over the world though

13 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

12 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I presume it's because the enormous column that restricts the view has a TV screen mounted on it showing the game 

Still, with the match very unlikely to be a sell out and the fact we will shift our whole allocation easily, this is a very cunty move by Celtic. As you would expect from a horrible cunty club. 

Dundee United also have restricted view seats in the usual away section. Some of the seats mean you can't see one corner of the pitch.

The Armed Forces Covenant is all fine and dandy. But the club should be careful about mission creep where the UnionJackery element hijack the commendable policy for Political and Sectarian reasons. UK Armed Forces Air, Sea and Land deployed in support of the IDF in their Gaza offensive and therefore implicated in International Court prosecutions is another factor.

The club has got the balance right. Lets keep it that way and leave Political and Sectarian messages sadly tagged to the armed forces to the arse cheeks.

Obviously it's beyond poor that a reasonably modern 60,000 seater stadium has any sort restricted view and even worse to sell it for £22 but, it's another marker of the clubs progress that we're moaning about the pish view at celtic park as opposed to the pish view at Meadowbank.

It's undoubtedly one of the worst stadium's to visit in Scotland . Last time I was there I didn't even have a seat to sit on just a gap where it was meant to be. As mentioned you had to watch one goal on a TV screen. And yet Celtic fans will tell you that dump is the best stadium in the UK. I preferred going when they had the jungle as at least you could actually watch the game.

27 minutes ago, One off poster said:

Obviously it's beyond poor that a reasonably modern 60,000 seater stadium has any sort restricted view and even worse to sell it for £22 but, it's another marker of the clubs progress that we're moaning about the pish view at celtic park as opposed to the pish view at Meadowbank.

As part of the Scottish Government Licensing Conditions. There should be 'No restricted seats allowed' you can be assured when capacity is reduced they will do something about it. The only reason these crap seats are there is because the club can get away with it.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The Armed Forces Covenant is all fine and dandy. But the club should be careful about mission creep where the UnionJackery element hijack the commendable policy for Political and Sectarian reasons. UK Armed Forces Air, Sea and Land deployed in support of the IDF in their Gaza offensive and therefore implicated in International Court prosecutions is another factor.

The club has got the balance right. Lets keep it that way and leave Political and Sectarian messages sadly tagged to the armed forces to the arse cheeks.

What is this drivel? Where has this come from?

Have you seen any hint of the club using the Armed Forces Covenant for Political and Sectarian reasons? 

How is the UK governments stance on supporting the IDF related to the club? Are you saying that because of that stance, the club should distance itself from our AF personnel and veterans? If so, are the club not then becoming political?

When you say 'The club has got the balance right', what is that the balance between?

FWIW, I think the club has got it right with how it supports the AF community. The way FFC interacts with this, and many other communities/ institutions is a thing to be proud of.