The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The Armed Forces Covenant is all fine and dandy. But the club should be careful about mission creep where the UnionJackery element hijack the commendable policy for Political and Sectarian reasons. UK Armed Forces Air, Sea and Land deployed in support of the IDF in their Gaza offensive and therefore implicated in International Court prosecutions is another factor.

The club has got the balance right. Lets keep it that way and leave Political and Sectarian messages sadly tagged to the armed forces to the arse cheeks.

About 10 years ago when I was just finishing school I'd have agreed with you on this. If you were to look back on my posts you'd realise I'm definitely not a unionist or loyalist in any way. However, we can't let the idiots you speak of prevent us from commemorating those who have given their lives in previous conflicts like the two world wars. 

I'd say we've got it spot on regarding our previous Armistice days at the stadium. 

If we were ignoring it like the green lot do or shooting cannons off and parasailing soldiers off the top of the stadium like the goons from ibrox do id probably agree with you. 

2 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

Of course not. Celtic are the most Tory club in the country.

They f**king hate it when you tell them they are one of Scotland's two establishment clubs. Which they are.

They seem to believe they are some plucky underdog rebels. 

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

1 hour ago, SomersetBairn said:

What is this drivel? Where has this come from?

Have you seen any hint of the club using the Armed Forces Covenant for Political and Sectarian reasons? 

How is the UK governments stance on supporting the IDF related to the club? Are you saying that because of that stance, the club should distance itself from our AF personnel and veterans? If so, are the club not then becoming political?

When you say 'The club has got the balance right', what is that the balance between?

FWIW, I think the club has got it right with how it supports the AF community. The way FFC interacts with this, and many other communities/ institutions is a thing to be proud of. 

Read the post! then try and understand the words.

'Quote from the post - 'The club has got the right balance' 

Your post does not relate to reality.

Correction and redaction?

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

About 10 years ago when I was just finishing school I'd have agreed with you on this. If you were to look back on my posts you'd realise I'm definitely not a unionist or loyalist in any way. However, we can't let the idiots you speak of prevent us from commemorating those who have given their lives in previous conflicts like the two world wars. 

I'd say we've got it spot on regarding our previous Armistice days at the stadium. 

If we were ignoring it like the green lot do or shooting cannons off and parasailing soldiers off the top of the stadium like the goons from ibrox do id probably agree with you. 

1 hour ago, SomersetBairn said:

What is this drivel? Where has this come from?

Have you seen any hint of the club using the Armed Forces Covenant for Political and Sectarian reasons? 

How is the UK governments stance on supporting the IDF related to the club? Are you saying that because of that stance, the club should distance itself from our AF personnel and veterans? If so, are the club not then becoming political?

When you say 'The club has got the balance right', what is that the balance between?

FWIW, I think the club has got it right with how it supports the AF community. The way FFC interacts with this, and many other communities/ institutions is a thing to be proud of. 

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Whilst i hate the governments that drive their countries to war and conflict i also have great respect for those sent to fight in them. This is what supporting veterans and armed FORCES is about

57 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Can folk stop quoting that zoomer? I’ve got him on ignore for a reason.

That’s me put him on ignore now too. Absolute roaster. 

6 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The Armed Forces Covenant is all fine and dandy. But the club should be careful about mission creep where the UnionJackery element hijack the commendable policy for Political and Sectarian reasons. UK Armed Forces Air, Sea and Land deployed in support of the IDF in their Gaza offensive and therefore implicated in International Court prosecutions is another factor.

The club has got the balance right. Lets keep it that way and leave Political and Sectarian messages sadly tagged to the armed forces to the arse cheeks.

If you really want to know what the Armed Forces covenant it is about is basically giving those who have served a fair chance at a job or medical treatment or anything else for that matter without being discriminated against for the job they done previously. Most ex forces are anti govt and there is a very small few that still think of the empire the end of the day its a job whether you agree with it or not and when the shit hits the fan its them that folk call on.

So effectively its to give any employer a warm and fuzzy feeling to say "oh we look after those who have served" when in actual fact its just a tick box exercise to say they aren't discriminating against those who served.

Rant over

Edited by AL-FFC

I hate the old firm with a passion but Celtic basically run Scottish football. Nothing happens without lawells agreement and noone is appointed to a position of power unless it's been passed by him and his mates like haughey.  The fact they then pretend to be hard done by is quite laughable. If you look at every person who is in a position of power in Scottish football they all have one thing in common . 

3 hours ago, Blane Fonda said:

I'm an old fart and I do find it odd that we honour the War veterans of the World War more now, than we did when there were actual World War veterans in attendance at the Stadium. 

Conflicts are not only World Wars. A lot of damage has been done since in conflicts not connected directly to us.

If you want to delve deeper into it look up McRaes Battalion most of them were professional football players who came from clubs like Falkirk, Hearts, Raith and Dunfermline

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCrae's_Battalion

https://www.theroyalscots.co.uk/the-raising-of-16th-battalion-the-royal-scots-mccraes/

Within seven days, over 800 men had signed up for what would become 16RS but was always better known as McCrae’s Battalion. That Saturday they paraded behind Sir George, still in civilian clothes, around Tynecastle, the Hearts ground, at half-time in the local derby match against the other major Edinburgh team, Hibernian or Hibs. By the following Saturday, when the Battalion paraded through the City en route to George Heriot’s School which was to be their initial barracks and training base, the total had risen to over 1350 including a strong contingent of professional and amateur footballers and other sportsmen. A total of at least 30 professional footballers are listed as having joined. These included, in addition to the original 11 plus, now, two further professionals from Hearts, taking the total to thirteen, seven from Raith Rovers, six from Falkirk, two from Dunfermline Athletic and one from Hibs. Seventy-five football clubs are listed as having contributed members to 16 RS by December 1914.

Edited by AL-FFC

Not sure this forum is the correct one to discuss the clubs political stance and support for the British govt. And forces.

If anyone has grievances they should probably get in touch with the club directly and they could potentially poll the support through FSS or something to see if the wider support approves or disapproves of it.

10 hours ago, JJeffries said:

Any chance of talking about football rather than shit like this??

Especially when the transfer window is nearly shut will there be any chance of a last minute loan deal and/or Miller signing an extension?