The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Was just thinking of the players that have say a year left and in which order you'd re sign them. It might be the case he's only looking to extend contracts for one or two not all. Guess it will come down to money. 

Free up Shanleys wage for next season. Not quite good enough.

Just now, SouthStander1876 said:

Free up Shanleys wage for next season. Not quite good enough.

Until he's had a run of games we can't really say that, obviously wouldn't be extending him at this point though. 

26 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Priority wise you'd assume Miller then Ross, Mackie and Shanley? Good to know there is a bit wiggle room to bring someone in if needed though. 

Nesbitt has to be the next priority after Miller if not before

Have a feeling if Miller wanted to have extended his contract already he would have. When we were offering everyone else extensions to 2026 it was interesting he was the one who was missing out. Having played at a higher level before I wonder if he’s trying to keep his options open to return there in case we don’t make it. Would be gutted to lose him as he’s been great since he’s came.

2 minutes ago, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

Have a feeling if Miller wanted to have extended his contract already he would have. When we were offering everyone else extensions to 2026 it was interesting he was the one who was missing out. Having played at a higher level before I wonder if he’s trying to keep his options open to return there in case we don’t make it. Would be gutted to lose him as he’s been great since he’s came.

I think Miller will be next to sign. He’s desperate to stay longer from what I’ve heard

9 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Can't see Alfie staying on. Mcglynn doesnt seem to fancy him. He needs first team football

Some will be biding their time and seeing how the season pans out for them before committing I'd expect. Alfie is in that category.

Others, like Miller, I hope would be tying themselves down whilst the going is good and protecting themselves and the club.

Probably one of the tightest knit dressing rooms I can ever remember which is a credit to all of the footballing department 👏

Just picked up unrestricted view tickets from stadium, seems a new section closest to the Celtic fans in Lisbon Lions being opened up, section 118.  Brought a wad through when I was in and seats are near the front.

Edited by MulsonFFC

No they weren't, 

I drove down from Dundee on my way back to Edinburgh yesterday getting into the shop just before 1pm to be told tickets were nearly sold out and only RV left....bit p'd off to hear unrestricted are still available.

I wouldn't be extending more contracts (other than Miller) until January at soonest. 

If all goes to plan we might be in the Premier League next season and thats no place for a Mackie or a Shanley.  Potentially be looking for 5 or 6 upgrades if we did go up and need to have some element of flexibility in the budget.  

24 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

I called the club yesterday, but they allocated me two tickets, but I found out today that they were both restricted view so I’ve turned them down. Looks like the phone call orders were processed last

17 minutes ago, DennyYaBass said:

No they weren't, 

I drove down from Dundee on my way back to Edinburgh yesterday getting into the shop just before 1pm to be told tickets were nearly sold out and only RV left....bit p'd off to hear unrestricted are still available.

I think it was mentioned that they were being sold as Celtic prescribed. Sounds like it's just been the timing of the requests has coincided.

It was always likely to be a gamble.

i have to say i'd love to able to afford to go to parkhead but its out of my reach after a difficult summer of unexpected costs, shitty news and even shittier luck. people moaning about RV tickets or turning their noses up at them is beginning to get on ma t*ts. 

2 hours ago, Roboccop said:

I called the club yesterday, but they allocated me two tickets, but I found out today that they were both restricted view so I’ve turned them down. Looks like the phone call orders were processed last

Literally just walked in and got unrestricted view at 12:30pm.

Defo an issue with the way Celtic have demanded the order the tickets are sold rather than an issue with the club shop staff.  

Really not ideal for Season Ticket holders who now have RV tickets when Unrestricted view will now potentially be available to non-ST holders (if they make it to Tuesday)......

Edited by MulsonFFC

Celtic advised FFC to sell them in a specific order. I believe it was Non RV, RV & then the remaining Non RV tickets closest to the segregation. If anyone has turned down RV tickets, maybe worth a call to the shop now 

17 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

i have to say i'd love to able to afford to go to parkhead but its out of my reach after a difficult summer of unexpected costs, shitty news and even shittier luck. people moaning about RV tickets or turning their noses up at them is beginning to get on ma t*ts. 

Sorry to hear that but I was moaning regarding restricted view tickets being on sale at all, bought them though, even if I do have to look at a screen for half the game.