The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

That was like a boxing match today with the man in the blue corner edging it from the man in the red for six rounds. Come round 7 and the blue corner absolutely pummelled the man in red hitting with left and right hooks four times (woodwork) by round 10.

Round 11 blue finally puts red on the canvas, and then finishes the contest in Round 12 with a left hook.

But seriously, how good was it to get that place out our system today?…

Nailed it. Think today helped with finally wiping away that abhorrent result. Just wished we’d taken some more of the chances we created. 

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Nailed it. Think today helped with finally wiping away that abhorrent result. Just wished we’d taken some more of the chances we created. 

The second half was the antithesis of the 5-0 first half for Airdrie. If those three second half woodwork chances had gone in it would have been 5 never mind a host of other chances…….

Just now, Swordfishtrombone said:

Struggling to think of the last time we had a midfield pairing as good as Dylan Tait and Brad Spencer. Tait has all the skilful attributes of pre injury Alex Taylor but with a bit more grit and is an absolute wideo as well which I like. I'd hate him if he played against us 

He’s definitely the type of player you’d be held back from jumping the barrier to get at if he played for someone else. 

What I love about this team is the way they go for 90 mins. They force the opposition to match our tempo and appear to know that later on, they wont be able to. Its ultimate marathon not a sprint type mentality. I'm going to go at you for 90 minutes. I dare you to try and match me. 

34 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Many posts refers to his time at Hamilton. Must have been one hellava fall out. Ask any Hibee about Tait. They can’t believe he wasn’t given time at Hibs. Class act and like a couple of other players at present, no doubt they’ll be getting watched.

Been a long time since Falkirk fans contemplated other club buying one of the squad.

Not that long ago it was contemplation punting players

Shows just how far the club has come.

Just now, Rugster said:

He’s definitely the type of player you’d be held back from jumping the barrier to get at if he played for someone else. 

Think it was last season , came on as a sub at Alloa, scored a ridiculous goal into our away end, sure it was his first goal for us. Think the celebration was “I’m Fckn good” Remember saying to mates he’s a player of different class and just enjoy him as he’s offski at season end. 

1 minute ago, Disco Duck said:

Kevin McBride

You have trumped me. 

I actually hated Burton O’Brien. I remember him coming back into our half to take a free kick only for him to pass it 5 yards to the centre half that was going to take it anyway. Don’t know why but it had me raging

2 minutes ago, Rocco said:

You have trumped me. 

I actually hated Burton O’Brien. I remember him coming back into our half to take a free kick only for him to pass it 5 yards to the centre half that was going to take it anyway. Don’t know why but it had me raging

I was genuinely pleased when we signed him. Pound for pound must be one of our worst ever players, if the rumored wages were correct.